Freedom Of Speech (Danish Vs. Iranian President)

Topic locked
Freedom of Speech (Danish vs. Iranian president) Jan 30, 2006
Why when the Danish newspaper offended prophet mohamed PBUH people say it is freedom of speech, and when iranian president deny the holocost they send his country to the security council?

I'm sick with the double standards in this world.

What is freedom of Speech?? and how you assess both positions mentioned before????

yshimy

Jan 30, 2006
AMEEN!!!!
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 30, 2006
i think both cases have the right to say/draw whatever they want
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 31, 2006
MaaaD wrote:i think both cases have the right to say/draw whatever they want

yeah true ... and anyway the news paper already sent their apologies on their website ... so i think the subject should be put to rest now
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 31, 2006
Maad,
Totally agree on the concept.
But there is a huge difference between saying your opinion about UNPROVEN historic event, and Stating your opinion about a Religion and prophet.

MP,
Nope, will not put on rest, it can't be as simple as apologizing, the newspaper and the Danish government are not kids in the playground and they did something by mistake.

They backed up and supported the cartoonist with their FREEWILL. We are not talking about persons but about Regiem that would allow such a thing to take place.

AND they only appologized after people started to boycott their products SO they did NOT appologize because they belive what they did is wrong, BUT becuase they were forced to it by the Muslim Nation who did show a strong hold in not accepting their prophet to be attacked in such ignorant mannar.

Continue the Boycott, the lesson will be taught only after the results are there and the Economy is DOWN...

I can't kill someone's monther or kid and say SORRY.....
yshimy

Re: Freedom of Speech (Danish vs. Iranian president) Jan 31, 2006
yshimy wrote:Why when the Danish newspaper offended prophet mohamed PBUH people say it is freedom of speech, and when iranian president deny the holocost they send his country to the security council?

I'm sick with the double standards in this world.

What is freedom of Speech?? and how you assess both positions mentioned before????

Uh... Iran is sent to the security council because of the nuclear issue, not because of the president's claims that the holocaust is a myth.

Of course Ahmadinejad has the right to say what he wants - people also have the right to criticise what he says.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 31, 2006
Thanks man, and they had nuclear program since ever, why now???? why not pakistan, India, nor N.Korea ??? you do the math.

Thanks also and totally agree with you. they people got the right to critisize him.
And Muslims have the right to boycott the Dane's.

Can belive i'll let go of my Great Dan. J/k don't have one, too big.
yshimy

Jan 31, 2006
That is a whole other topic based on a lot of differing political issues (not religious issues!). Iran should be able to develop nuclear power but not nuclear weapons. I too think that North Korea and Pakistan shouldn't have nuclear weapons either, but hey, Pakistan is helpful with the fight against the Taleban and Al Qaeda, and starting a fight with North Korea would be devastating and North Korea would likely win :) Iran might be easier to push around, who knows! :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 31, 2006
Hehehehehe,

So you got it man, it is about who we can push now, and who are our friends and our "potential" enemies.

That is what makes bad image of America in the world, and mainly in the middle east among the public, we know our politicians ;)

Cheers man, we are on the same wavelength here.
yshimy

Jan 31, 2006
Even though i'm an atheist. I'm really outraged at the danish newspaper.
They should be ashamed of themselves playing with people's beliefs. they disturbed a really sensitive issue.
bsorc
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 31, 2006
There are people who thrive on petty issues . They are in the media, they are in politics , they are among ourself . There are people to ignite passion and emotion and there are crowd who will easily fall into this trap .But a good majority , prefer to live a peaceful life and do their bit of things to make their world a better place to live .

regds
Sreedhar
sree
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums