Dubai's Ruler Accused Of Slavery-BBC!

Topic locked
Oct 06, 2006
UAE75, I am cool... And I'm not forcing my believes upon anyone. Ofcourse bushra is entitled to her believes but there is nothing wrong in me trying to make anyone c the way I c it. I have been here long enough to c the hypocrisy going on. And as she has said herself she has lived most of her life in the U.S.A. so no harm in updating the facts for her.

If people want to stand by and support their leaders they should agree with everything they do right? And at least be well informed, right? She obviously isn't...I'm trying to help her to c it that's all... If it doesn't work then tough luck. I'm really not an evil person against this government. It just needs lots of work to become better. So someone should make a start, and why not Bushra...

NoWoRrIeS
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 06, 2006
NoWoRrIeS wrote:UAE75, I am cool... And I'm not forcing my believes upon anyone. Ofcourse bushra is entitled to her believes but there is nothing wrong in me trying to make anyone c the way I c it. I have been here long enough to c the hypocrisy going on. And as she has said herself she has lived most of her life in the U.S.A. so no harm in updating the facts for her.

If people want to stand by and support their leaders they should agree with everything they do right? And at least be well informed, right? She obviously isn't...I'm trying to help her to c it that's all... If it doesn't work then tough luck. I'm really not an evil person against this government. It just needs lots of work to become better. So someone should make a start, and why not Bushra...

I think we all need to chill out a bit.

Locals here, inve found, are pretty passionate about their rulers, just as Americans can be very passionate about their government.

Fact is, Dubai has many wonderfull aspects. It is nowehere near as bad as Abu Dhabi for example, where if you are a foreigner you are made to feel like one. And then theres Saudi....Kuwait.... so this is the best deal of the Gulf, in my opinion.

What it does suffer from are the labour issues and Human rights Issues. The Camel Jockeys have been around for years. But its a big business here so i dont think this will change anytime soon - as appaling as it is.
If Isrealis tormented Palestinian kids, there would be uproar in the Arab world....and is.... but such is life and as we know human life is treated differently as to where you are from.

Unfortunately the world is quite shitty so all sorts of crap goes on. But i do believe international Humiliation will make a difference, It did so with the Priests and Child abuse and put the spotlight on , so why not the same for other forms of child abuse?

Dubai only needs to sort out its Human rights issues, by implemting strong laws and problem will be solved as it will no longer be state sponsored. But once again, i will say again and again the Problem must be acknowledged by the local population and there needs to be a voice from them.

Foreign voices here are unfortunately easily replaced.
rvp_legend
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 06, 2006
rvp_legend wrote:
NoWoRrIeS wrote:UAE75, I am cool... And I'm not forcing my believes upon anyone. Ofcourse bushra is entitled to her believes but there is nothing wrong in me trying to make anyone c the way I c it. I have been here long enough to c the hypocrisy going on. And as she has said herself she has lived most of her life in the U.S.A. so no harm in updating the facts for her.

Locals here, inve found, are pretty passionate about their rulers, just as Americans can be very passionate about their government.

Fact is, Dubai has many wonderfull aspects. It is nowehere near as bad as Abu Dhabi for example, where if you are a foreigner you are made to feel like one. And then theres Saudi....Kuwait.... so this is the best deal of the Gulf, in my opinion.

What it does suffer from are the labour issues and Human rights Issues. The Camel Jockeys have been around for years. But its a big business here so i dont think this will change anytime soon - as appaling as it is.
If Isrealis tormented Palestinian kids, there would be uproar in the Arab world....and is.... but such is life and as we know human life is treated differently as to where you are from.

Unfortunately the world is quite shitty so all sorts of crap goes on. But i do believe international Humiliation will make a difference, It did so with the Priests and Child abuse and put the spotlight on , so why not the same for other forms of child abuse?

Dubai only needs to sort out its Human rights issues, by implemting strong laws and problem will be solved as it will no longer be state sponsored. But once again, i will say again and again the Problem must be acknowledged by the local population and there needs to be a voice from them.

Agree...let's leave it..it's gonna be an endless discussion...

Sad thing though, I'm leaving Dubai in 2 months with a kind of negative view after being here for almost 9 years, nothing has changed for the better in all this time, so probably it never will. People used to not even know where Dubai is in my country and then it became really popular and enjoyable but now...:

2 expensive
2 much rascism
2 much traffic
2 much attitude

:(
NoWoRrIeS
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 06, 2006
no worries, i havent lived in the states most of my life. it was just the last place i lived before comming back to dubai.

and also, uae75 welcome back, i missed reading your posts. even if i do disagree sometimes, they are always of quality.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 06, 2006
NoWoRrIeS wrote:
rvp_legend wrote:

Agree...let's leave it..it's gonna be an endless discussion...

Sad thing though, I'm leaving Dubai in 2 months with a kind of negative view after being here for almost 9 years, nothing has changed for the better in all this time, so probably it never will. People used to not even know where Dubai is in my country and then it became really popular and enjoyable but now...:

2 expensive
2 much rascism
2 much traffic
2 much attitude

:(

Ur the only person on earth that thinks Dubai haven't changed its constintatly changing some to better & some to the worest..its only the beginning many rules have been revised for the labors and more is coming.
mema
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 06, 2006
Mema, u didn't understand what I ment. Things haven't really changed for the better. When I came to Dubai I was planning just to stay for 6 months... imagine...8 years l8er I'm still here.. so for me personally things r great. I even think I spent the best part of my life living in Dubai! Cos I'm not a victim of rascism or any of that. For other nationalities (mainly the labourers) however, they still suffer... so for them nothing much has changed. U wouldn't get any replies from them on this forum.

I believe the laws have only changed a bit for these people as too much bad publicity has made this country change, credit to 7days newspaper.. At least some actually get payed on time now... Still.. there's lots to be done to make it better. I hope ur right that more is coming.
NoWoRrIeS
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 06, 2006
RVP, I haven't met any American yet who supports Bush!! Wonder why he's in charge. For locals to support the Sheikhs of this country I think they all refer to Sheikh Zayed who unfortunately isn't amongst us anymore....
NoWoRrIeS
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 07, 2006
NoWoRrIeS wrote:RVP, I haven't met any American yet who supports Bush!! Wonder why he's in charge. For locals to support the Sheikhs of this country I think they all refer to Sheikh Zayed who unfortunately isn't amongst us anymore....

NoWories
Sad to say i have met tonnes of people who almost unconditionally support their current US government. At the same time i have spoken to just as many UAE locals who will not hear a bad word against their Rulers, even if the most blatant thing in the world and will also unconditionally support them, as you can see in this forum.

So people can be very passionate about their own leaders.
rvp_legend
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums