All Married Women Are Forbidden To You Except....

Topic locked
All married women are forbidden to you except.... Feb 26, 2012
Interesting verse in the Koran that has some implications on adultery and relations with female captives:

And all married women (are forbidden unto you) save those (captives) whom your right hands possess. It is a decree of Allah for you. Lawful unto you are all beyond those mentioned, so that ye seek them with your wealth in honest wedlock, not debauchery. And those of whom ye seek content (by marrying them), give unto them their portions as a duty. And there is no sin for you in what ye do by mutual agreement after the duty (hath been done). Lo! Allah is ever Knower, Wise.

The pertinent part of the verse:

And all married women (are forbidden unto you) save those (captives) whom your right hands possess.

So married women are forbidden. But the verse then says except those women you own as slaves. So, married slave women are not forbidden to Muslim captors. Otherwise, relationships with married women who are not your slave are strictly forbidden.

Hmmm.

event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: All Married Women Are Forbidden To You Except.... Feb 26, 2012
You're not going to argue that Muslim men are going to wage war against non-Muslims so that we can capture 'your women' and rape them are you? That's a fantasy worthy of BM and FD!!

A few centuries before the Crusaders were enacting biblical slaughters of villages, God stated that women captured in war are not to be slaughtered and gave rules which said how prisoners of war were to be treated.

What is clear to all but some anti-Muslim bloggers is that Islam does not condone any s.ex outside marriage, forced marriages or wife beating/women abuse in general.

May I suggest you stop trying to convince people you can interpret Quranic verses when you confuse an account of a racist mob for yet another fantasy about a mob of people in support of a crime.

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:That's a fantasy worthy of BM and FD!!

Just for the record. I've never fantasied about rape. A little rough, yes, but rape, no.
Bethsmum

Thanks for the clarification BM - but I'm sure that had you engaged brain first you'd have realised that the fantasy aspect of this is the belief in Muslims raping captured women after waging war.. ;)

But don't worry - your mistake isn't as bad as eh's clanger about the EDL mob, and he can't use the herve excuse (I'm French and I believe any conspiracy theory about Moooslims)

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

I don't fantasise about rape in war situations either.
Bethsmum

Re: All married women are forbidden to you except.... Feb 26, 2012
Didn't see an answer in your post.

Why are married slave women not forbidden to Muslim slave masters?

What is that supposed to mean?
event horizon

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums