What Is The Last Movie You Saw ??

Topic locked
May 23, 2009
Don't even think for that!... wait just 2 month's more n evrything will be okay!......

Sharp
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 06, 2009
Cinema - Night at the Museum 2

DVD - Mall Cop
redtilldead
Dubai Forums Talker

Jun 07, 2009
Ahh!... although that was not so much fun in that to watch...BUT.. my boss liked me to Stay n watch!... Hmm That was Bones!...
Sharp
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 26, 2009
Just watched "Push" 2 nights ago. Didn't really care for it.
2.3 Evo 8
Dubai Forum Visitor

Last movie i saw Aug 04, 2009
Hi! Every One,
The last movie I Saw,"Transformer 2" I like special effects, action and story of this story. As this movie based on robot's comedy so i like so much. According to me this movie is the best of the year.
stevetamis
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Aug 05, 2009
Boston Strangler---very good but something prevented it from being the greater movie I imagined it to be.
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 05, 2009
Cinema - Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - good movie, but very very long. Defo not for the children anymore.

DVD - Confessions of a Shopaholic - cute, but predictable.

TV - Flatliners - classic! Brilliant! Julia Roberts, Kevin Bacon, Kiewfer Sutherland, Billy Bladwin, Oliver Platt - winderful cast, amazing movie.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 06, 2009
Watchin 'Elvis-That's the way it is' on TCM right now.

And WOOOW that man was supreme!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 13, 2009
at the theatre :

I love you man *****
Gost of girlfriends past ****
Public Enimies ***
The Hangover ***

DVD :

He's just not that into you *****
17 again *****
Brides war ****
Yes man ****
Raya
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 13, 2009
Crouching tiger Hidden dragon again.

Still amazing amazing amazing!!!
WhiteJade
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 19, 2009
Recommended movie from Guy Richie:

Rock 'n Rolla - (first of proposed trilogy)
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 19, 2009
The Sea Is Watching. From a Kurosawa screenplay. Not bad, would have been better if he had been around to direct it.

Rocknrolla is good! Rob, try to grab Martina Cole's 'The Take', it was shown in four parts on UK TV this year.

http://sky1.sky.com/show/the-take-4
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 25, 2009
I've just seen "Vickie, Christina, Barcelona" by Woody Allen. Rather interesting in terms of theme. The main one is ménage à trois. Realisation is rather schematic. So overall impression is mixed.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 26, 2009
Allen lets his actors do a lot of improvisation and is not heavy handed when it comes to directing either. The result is usually quite naturalistic, some film viewers prefer to see stronger boundaries given to actors. My view is that Allen's directing style is hit and miss. I didn't see this one yet. I thought his film Match Point was very good.

I just watched an old Eighties UK film, Party Party. Poorish film but music was the best of the era, Siouxsie and the Banshees, The Clash, Elvis Costello, Madness, etc. The Eighties was a bit dire musically, so it must have been hard to score. I noticed that several of the actors went on to become UK soap opera stars. As I said, it was a poor film :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 26, 2009
"Match Point" is good but a little bit derivative, always remind me "Crime and punishment.

V,C,B is more original at my test but less integral.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 26, 2009
Fair point, but almost all art is derivative to some extent. Authors, artists, filmakers, musicians will often half admit it by stating their 'influences'. :)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 26, 2009
After the depressing football violence in the UK last night, I am going to watch 'Awaydays' tonight to look for some insight. A film adaptation of a book I read some years ago and can't really remember.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1137436/
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 26, 2009
Why do you speak in generalities? You are not as old as I thought before althoug I am in doubt yet. 8)
Odyssey is the Bible of white man. It doesn't mean that we don't need to see something else.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 26, 2009
Body of Lies
catalyst
Dubai chat master

Aug 26, 2009
Red Chief wrote:Why do you speak in generalities? You are not as old as I thought before althoug I am in doubt yet. 8)
Odyssey is the Bible of white man. It doesn't mean that we don't need to see something else.

I don't understand the comments, but as this isn't a discussion thread we should leave it.

Anyway, Plato's Republic should be more the Western Bible than anything else.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 26, 2009
I have just seen "Black Book" by Paul Verhoeven about resistance in RobyG-land at the end of the WWII.
Rather weird that the actors speak on their own languages in the film: Dutch, German and English. So I was forced to see with subtitles only.
Unfortunately theme of $ex was not developed entirely. :P

"Night porter" is much better.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 27, 2009
You like a dirty film don't you Chiefy?? Summer bachelor at the moment?? ;)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 27, 2009
Last night I watched Haven, a 2006 film. Theme: financial double dealing and gangster lifestyle mixed up with a love story, set on the Cayman Isles. A bit of a mess and a poor film (Orlando Bloom was not good IMO) but the mix of accents and patois/dialects was insane, local gangsta types were speaking English and the film was subtitled when they spoke (wha'gwanann.... = what's going on).

I enjoyed the feel of the film but the plot was dire.

Note for RC - they probably cut the s*x scenes so no need for you to waste your time :P :D

Dawwgggg!!!!! :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 27, 2009
Speedhump wrote:Summer bachelor at the moment?? ;)

Poor guy, I sympatize you and understand.
8)
I specialy wrote the name of director. To be frank his "Showgirls" was fantasic film with breathtaking leading actress.

As I don't see any propaganda I have a lot of time for movies instead.

I'm interesred a comment from Rob because "Black Book" has been the most expensive project for all Holland history.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 27, 2009
Yeah for a non-Hollywood nation like Holland, such a movie is quite expensive.

For my comments: 'Three Golden Calves'... doesn't say much now is it?

I rather see a good english movie from Guy Ritchie or Quintin Tarantino.
RobbyG

Aug 27, 2009
I was asking if you are a summer bachelor, because of your current prurient interests....

Let it pass... ;)

Showgirls was a very good film with strong cast and not a run-of-the mill musical in any way.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 27, 2009
Killshot is recommended.
RobbyG

Aug 27, 2009
Did either of you enjoy the Grindhouse double bill, one short each by Rodrigues and Tarantino? It was perfect cheap cinema style, it really hit the spot.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 27, 2009
Thats probably one of them movies where Tarantino commited his name too, but is not really worth the appraisal for it.

Haven't seen it...yet. Should I?
RobbyG

Aug 27, 2009
No mate he directed (and post-produced) the heck out of it, so did Rodrigues on his one. You have to see them, they are pure style.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2007/mar ... e.features
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Movies and Music TalkForum Rules

Return to Movies and Music Talk