Miss Universe 2006

Topic locked
Miss Universe 2006 Jul 26, 2006
what do u guyz think of this years miss universe?

To me, it was SHIT...how can PUERTO RICO be a winner.......
I was shocked when they announced top 5, but japan was better than the other 4 and she didn't get the crown.

And how come MISS AUSTRALIA was not even in top 20. i think judges were sleeping..crap, it's crap. have they even seen that girl?she is so beautiful. i thought she was gonna win.

everyone around the world thought miss australia will be among top 5.

MISS UNIVERSE 2006 WAS A DISASTER.

alina_4u
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 26, 2006
????

it seems you wished that you were inside this operation.

stop being jealous

anyway, i did not watch the pageant,
MS_forever

Jul 26, 2006
MS_forever wrote:????

it seems you wished that you were inside this operation.

stop being jealous

anyway, i did not watch the pageant,
:D :lol:
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 26, 2006
didnt watch it either but the South American beauty is hard to rival so chances are she deserved to win :)
ajb
Dubai chat master

ms for Jul 26, 2006
ms forever, i don't need to get jealous of anyone.

if u have nothting good to say... keep ur mouth S H UT.....

i am giving my opinion and want to see what other thought of it.
alina_4u
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 26, 2006
ok from the website Id choose Puerto Rico over Aus anyday sorry :D
ajb
Dubai chat master

Jul 26, 2006
Miss Australia 2006
she should've been in top 10 atleast

And this is the winner. MISS UNIVERSE 2006
she is okay but she was n't shinning on the night
alina_4u
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 26, 2006
Now look at Miss world 2006. i think it will be in september.

i don't always suport auusies. but i thougth it was just unfair. i would love new zealand to win as i live here but the truth is, they are not beautiful enough.

The girl who will be presenting Australia in miss world 2006 is a real beauty.

Miss world australia 2006

alina_4u
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 26, 2006
Who cares? Wrong forum anyway.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jul 31, 2006
URGH!!!

these pageants are so useless.
i don't understand what the point is anymore....
back in the day when there was no reality tv pageants were kind of interesting ... but now, in a time of reality tv overload ms universe just doesn't cut it anymore...

i'd rather watch re-runs of rockstar inxs than another miss universe competition....

greetings from the land of beautiful beaches and never ending sunsets zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
phunkhoney
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 31, 2006
phunkhoney wrote:URGH!!!

these pageants are so useless.
i don't understand what the point is anymore....
back in the day when there was no reality tv pageants were kind of interesting ... but now, in a time of reality tv overload ms universe just doesn't cut it anymore...

i'd rather watch re-runs of rockstar inxs than another miss universe competition....

greetings from the land of beautiful beaches and never ending sunsets zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

rockstar INXS rocked!!....and heard the new SUPERNOVA is even better...wish i could watch it though...!!!
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jul 31, 2006
actually... the judges are much better... tommy lee is hot as always :twisted:

but they're just making some simon cowell type comments which was missing from inxs....

but the contestants from last season were much better....
phunkhoney
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 31, 2006
phunkhoney wrote:actually... the judges are much better... tommy lee is hot as always :twisted:

but they're just making some simon cowell type comments which was missing from inxs....

but the contestants from last season were much better....

it IS a reality show after all...

SuperNova IS going to be a corporation...

but hey the cynic that i am...JD worked out pretty well for INXS's sagging careers...though my fav was Marty...

havent seen the contestants for this one...

hey if you want to support SuperNova...please go to this Blogsite (official blog)...as my EX company has exclusive rights to SuperNova in asia...and hits/support would be great!...

www.startv.com/rockstar

put your thoughts down there...
constantine

Jul 31, 2006
you used to work for star tv?
i have lots of friends who are affiliated .... in fact my cousin works for them ....
phunkhoney
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 31, 2006
phunkhoney wrote:you used to work for star tv?
i have lots of friends who are affiliated .... in fact my cousin works for them ....

shh...but yes just came from star hong kong....yeah media is a small industry...and STAR is a huge company...actuallystarted out in channel V in the past...and then came back to STAR 6 years later...
constantine

Jul 31, 2006
Ah ha ha! Then we surely know some of the same people :)
phunkhoney
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 31, 2006
phunkhoney wrote:Ah ha ha! Then we surely know some of the same people :)

is your cousin canadian and bald... or irish and short by offchance...not too many "gwilos" left in STAR hong kong :wink:
constantine

Jul 31, 2006
actually my cousin is employed by star tv but he's just a lowly vj on channel v asia :) .... he used to do arcade but he's doing something else now... haven't caught up with him in a while.... will have to when i go back as he's under the care of my parents.
phunkhoney
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 31, 2006
phunkhoney wrote:actually my cousin is employed by star tv but he's just a lowly vj on channel v asia :) .... he used to do arcade but he's doing something else now... haven't caught up with him in a while.... will have to when i go back as he's under the care of my parents.

hey us vjs or ex vjs(in my case) are anything but lowly...and we have egos the size of watermelons...so i am guessing he is based in malaysia... :wink: ...best move channel v made...all me mates are having a blast there
constantine

Aug 01, 2006
Const since ur a ex VJ , based on permutations and combinations u like music, going ahead you have a huge music collection, even ahead i like music, so when we meet mes gonna carry lots of blanks to record some from you :lol:

jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 01, 2006
jerry
sure mate....not a problem at all...though my major collection is back in hong kong and as well as some vinyl ...if i had gotten then over with me...they would have been one big molten mould...and now a days i believe in the power of limewire...i know i know...
constantine

Aug 01, 2006
constantine wrote:

shh...but yes just came from star hong kong....yeah media is a small industry...and STAR is a huge company...actuallystarted out in channel V in the past...and then came back to STAR 6 years later...

Have I seen you on Tv before? :scratch:
easternjewel

Aug 01, 2006
easternjewel wrote:
constantine wrote:

Have I seen you on Tv before? :scratch:

did you ever live in india...if yes...then perhaps so...this was a good 6 years ago...have changed for the "bigger" now...dubai supersize me...here comes the incredible bulk...
constantine

Aug 01, 2006
hahaha that is because you are eating Mrs. Fayz's cooking every night now, now you know how i got so fat.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Aug 01, 2006
fayz wrote:hahaha that is because you are eating Mrs. Fayz's cooking every night now, now you know how i got so fat.

that's why i am trying to stop her from cooking...so that i can take turns and cook some of that salmon that seems to have found a second life :P ...what say you we get that squash rackets organised...note to myself...gym or bust tonight!!...
constantine

Aug 01, 2006
I'm going to try and get a little ladder going for people that live in our area, I'll organize it when I'm back in Dubai. As a pre-cursor though, those that are interested please send me a quick pm.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Aug 02, 2006
constantine wrote:did you ever live in india...if yes...then perhaps so...this was a good 6 years ago...have changed for the "bigger" now...dubai supersize me...here comes the incredible bulk...

I use to watch some of channel [V] india those many years back... know vjs like nikhil & cyrus lol sorry, i m not too gud at this!
but they did air [V] india same in Dubai those days...
easternjewel

Aug 02, 2006
this post was about miss universe 2006 n look how it ended up
alina_4u
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 02, 2006
easternjewel wrote:I use to watch some of channel [V] india those many years back... know vjs like nikhil & cyrus lol sorry, i m not too gud at this!
but they did air [V] india same in Dubai those days...

both were MTV... :P ...i was in V...anyhou...i got tired of the gig and resigned over the email...hahaha....so probably...you might have had a peek at me, but i wasnt the same class as Cyrus and Nickhil...hinglish isnt my strong point...music is...and alina...sorry for highjacking your thread...but this has got to be more interesting than Miss Fluffiverse"
constantine

Aug 02, 2006
const man i might have seen u though i dont remember many faces back then:) i used to be glued to V and MTV , but nikhil and cyrus ruled at that time.

just waiting to meet ya and put a face to the posts on here:)
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Movies and Music TalkForum Rules

Return to Movies and Music Talk