Help Viewing Arabic Font Nicknames In Msn

Topic locked
Help viewing arabic font nicknames in msn Sep 09, 2007
Hi I have windows vista ultimate and windows messenger 8.1.

All my contacts with nicknames with arabic font appear in my window.

However, i have two that will not render in arabic. They have characters that appear like this %8D etc. (Hexadecimal I presume). Does anyone have any idea how to sort this out? I installed messenger 7.1 and it still did the same thing. Also tried out Arabic msn and it did the same.

sal
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 09, 2007
That's because it has nothing to do with arabic...
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 09, 2007
does your new pc have Arabic support drivers, can you type in MS word or in MSN in Arabic. If that is all good. then make sure you have the right driver, try sites like this.

http://www.sh3bwah.com/modules.php?name ... 8%20Arabic

or google. btw I haven't tried the above link and Window's vista sux, as a general rule Arabic can be problomatic with MS Windows.

Good luck.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Sep 12, 2007
Thanks. I am actually finding it difficult to view it in XP as well. And also most of the other fonts including webpages, and most nicks in msn come up in arabic. Its just this one contact.
sal
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 12, 2007
thats because its not arabic hon, its code they have a program (msn plus) that lets them do extra things with their msn...change the font colour of their nickname and other stuff
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 17, 2007
Ok. I will have to assume that is the case. My contact is *slightly* computer illiterate and its difficult even for them to figure out why it doesn't work! They told me it appears on the msn they are using. I can't imagine them playing around with colours. Maybe they did something by accident.

I did put messenger plus and the nickname still does not come up.

Thanks for the feedback.
sal
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Arabic learning ForumForum Rules

Return to Arabic learning Forum