Kickboxing Classes

Topic locked
Kickboxing classes May 17, 2007
Guys,

does anybody know any clubs that teach kickboxing in dubai?

Regards,
Bleakus

Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 17, 2007
theres this one:

http://www.xmafitness.com/

But I heard its bloody expensive! 8)
V-Man
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 18, 2007
thanks dude
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Kickboxing classes Jul 16, 2007
Bleakus wrote:Guys,

does anybody know any clubs that teach kickboxing in dubai?

Regards,
Bleakus

Bleakus, are you still interested in learning kickboxing?
burton
Dubai forums Addict
Location: meanstreets of satwa, outside your mosque, stealing your shoes...

Jul 16, 2007
i am, whatsup
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 16, 2007
Bleakus wrote:i am, whatsup

Hi mate.

There are three places in Dubai which you should check out: The Colosseum Gym; Dubai Fight Academy and Top Sports.

The Colosseum Gym is located in the Montana building, Karama. The muay thai lessons are taken by a guy called Edi. Nice, and very massive, Iranian chap. The Colosseum Gym puts on amateur thai-boxing contests every so often. Website: http://www.colosseumuae.com/profile.asp

Dubai Fight Academy is located in Al Shabab Club, all the way over by Al Mallah Plaza (actually just past it). The club is run by a bunch of Russian guys. They actually have a stable of professional muay thai fighters - all from Russia and Dagestan. They recently put on two professional muay thai competitions in Dubai - War On The Shore I and II - at the Meridien Beach hotel. Perhaps you heard about them? Their website: http://www2.fightacademy.ae/

Lastly, a Samoan guy called Zak is teaching muay-thai at Top Sports in Al Quoz, just a stone's throw away from MOE. They don't have a website yet but their telephone number is 04 3407688.

All three places are very, very legit.

Also, and this is just my personal opinion, if you are actually going to do something, you might as well do thai-boxing as opposed to kickboxing.

And finally, whatever you do, do NOT go to that 'extreme' martial arts 'studio' on Shk. Zayed Road. Avoid it like the plague...

:)
burton
Dubai forums Addict
Location: meanstreets of satwa, outside your mosque, stealing your shoes...

Jul 16, 2007
wow bro, thanks for the info...it really helped me. Im not looking for going pro but more for the exercise.

thanks again
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 18, 2007
dubai karate center in al wasel road is also a good choice
theinfinitedream
Dubai Forum Visitor

Dec 30, 2007
ohhh i want to start kickboxing too :)
does anyone know what kind of people go? Age range.
ratio, men to women??
mighty.one
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 20, 2008
burton wrote:
Bleakus wrote:i am, whatsup

And finally, whatever you do, do NOT go to that 'extreme' martial arts 'studio' on Shk. Zayed Road. Avoid it like the plague...

:)

how come??
Andez
Dubai Forum Visitor

Kyokushin Karate Feb 08, 2009
Hi, does anyone know if there is a Kyokushin Dojo in Dubai? I am moving there soon and would really like to continue my training.
vlowfoon
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Mar 19, 2009
I think i'm interested in kickboxing too. Seems fun to learn kickboxing. We must train our punch and kick at the same time. Seems more fun than boxing, where we can't use our kick. Wow, what a cool technique. Kickboxing come from Thailand, isn't it?
dodot
Dubai Forums Member

kickboxing Apr 13, 2009
hey burton,

i went to check out kickboxing in top sports based on your previous reccomendations and that Zak dude is no longer there.

do you still think is the right spot? are you at top sports as well? i am headed at top sports tonite on the first class....

let me know

cheers!
bezveze
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Zak is in dubai Apr 30, 2009
You may call 050-4356899 Zak or 050-6859157 Lana if you live in Mirdif ( his daughter is teaching there), or you want to put your kids for martial arts classes (all over Dubai).
svetika
Dubai Expat Wannabe

May 09, 2009
Guys, if you are interested on kickboxing and street self defense, I have seen a Filipino ex kickboxer in Safa park teaching kickboxing. I spoke to him once and he is very accomodating . he even invited me to join their group as they are doing it for fitness and fun only, unfortunately they are doing it once a week only every thursday. This guy seem to be a great boxer but he told me he is not, rather he is a kickboxer, a champion back in the Philippines. You know Manny Pacman pacquiao right? so learn to punch like a filipino. I will join them next thursday. see you there. Ladies are also welcome as most of his students are ladies and that includes his daughter and a Blackbelt wife- also a kickboxer.
shanemcgyver
Dubai Forum User

well Jul 13, 2009
I must say Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) is the fastest growing sport in the world. MMA is a combination of the best fighting systems in the world.
evolve-mma dot come
jason_mcbride
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Jul 22, 2009
Hi there,

I'm also looking for a Muay Thai kickboxing club around here. It seems this Zak guy is good - is this Top Sports place still running the classes? Does anybody know what the schedule is and where it is? Also if they are women friendly?

Many thanks!!
riley29
Dubai Forum Guest

Aug 09, 2009
is there anyplace to see a kick boxing competetion. wish to see someone kicked out ...hmmm
shar
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 13, 2009
ok if i wanted to join em how can i do that?,
and whats there timeing if they are still training there???
nightwishn
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 13, 2009
shanemcgyver wrote:Guys, if you are interested on kickboxing and street self defense, I have seen a Filipino ex kickboxer in Safa park teaching kickboxing. I spoke to him once and he is very accomodating . he even invited me to join their group as they are doing it for fitness and fun only, unfortunately they are doing it once a week only every thursday. This guy seem to be a great boxer but he told me he is not, rather he is a kickboxer, a champion back in the Philippines. You know Manny Pacman pacquiao right? so learn to punch like a filipino. I will join them next thursday. see you there. Ladies are also welcome as most of his students are ladies and that includes his daughter and a Blackbelt wife- also a kickboxer.

ok if i wanted to join em how can i do that?,
and whats there timeing if they are still training there???
nightwishn
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 22, 2009
Nightwishn, I think they have stopped training at the moment as it's so hot right now and also it's Ramadan and also the two ladies are in Uk right now, they will resume when the weather gets better, you can call him on this number for information 050-6983213. this guy is very humble and loves to teach if you are really interested. timings are flexible but usually they start at 6-6:30.
shanemcgyver
Dubai Forum User

Aug 30, 2009
kickboxing is a good full body exercise, it's fun and releases stress when you punch and kick with all your might...! aaayyaaaaaahhhh!
shanemcgyver
Dubai Forum User

Aug 31, 2009
I'm looking for skill exanges, I can teach piano and everything linked to music theory.

I would like to learn a martial art (or a self defense one)
guillaume.marce
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Kickboxing classes Feb 15, 2010
Just started in JLT: Fitness Classes - Abs & Kickboxing

There are still some spaces available in the morning and evening courses which are great fun!

Classes are 50AED per person with no need to buy a package or membership or anything like that.

For more info just contact Anthony on 050 3543660
Jess1403
Dubai Forum User

Re: Kickboxing Classes Jul 24, 2010
Bro, get muay thai(thai-boxing) its better than kickboxing :P
thelast
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Kickboxing Classes Nov 29, 2015
vlowfoon , If you are still around, there's an IKO-Matsui branch in Dubai since 2013. Their website is www.kyokushin-dubai.com .
Polocacao
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai Sports ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Sports Forum