Why Is It So Tough To Meet People Here?

Topic locked

Do you think its tough to meet new people in UAE if you are an expat?

Yes
39%
No
44%
Im Not sure
17%

Total votes : 18

Dec 07, 2006
MrLonely wrote:You must be a masochist if you like Project managers!

If you asked me to choose between a dentist appointment and a meeting with a project manager. I would go for the root canal.

You call me a masochist?! :twisted: There are reasons why they don't like me, but it isn't about being a masochist. Slate driver perhaps. :wink:

asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 07, 2006
Why are PM's hated Lets see. I can think up a list as long as this page but i wont bore you with all the details so ill just summarize the most salient points.

1. WE TELL PPL WHAT TO DO AND WHEN TO DO IT. (MOST people dont like that unless you have some sort of sick fetish)
2. You give them a hard time if they delay the project,
3. You take your coffee black without sugar,
4. You have a strange sense of humour, ok that wasnt really a general statement but you get the point yeh?
MrLonely
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 07, 2006
MrLonely wrote:Why are PM's hated Lets see. I can think up a list as long as this page but i wont bore you with all the details so ill just summarize the most salient points.

1. WE TELL PPL WHAT TO DO AND WHEN TO DO IT. (MOST people dont like that unless you have some sort of sick fetish)
2. You give them a hard time if they delay the project,
3. You take your coffee black without sugar,
4. You have a strange sense of humour, ok that wasnt really a general statement but you get the point yeh?

And i keep on asking the PM about the project's update and constant reminders popping up on their monitor. How's that?! :D
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 07, 2006
I should have known what with the whole Gothic looking picture!

Slave driver so that would make you managing other people? Like the feeling of power?
MrLonely
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 08, 2006
Nothing...I just remember something and so i reply to your post.

Your position at work should not be the hindrance to find friends in Dubai. In fact, it should be a way to widen your network of friends. :wink: PM should not be hated unless he/she has "personality probs" in general. :wink:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 08, 2006
I think you are wrong, there are certain people in specific careers who are universaly hated by everyone other then family. PM's, Dentists, Tellytubbies etc.
MrLonely
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 08, 2006
You didn't get my point but i'll let you be correct all the way. I don't wanna be technical in Romance Forum you know.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 08, 2006
MrLonely wrote:I think you are wrong, there are certain people in specific careers who are universaly hated by everyone other then family. PM's, Dentists, Tellytubbies etc.

Mr. L, if i may, don't confine yourself in your own perception, u might even end up conveying "negative waves" to people around u.. who might like u more than u think... i never heard such a thing as PMs suck.. i know about consultants :wink: just kidding
for the record, i once had a fling with my dentist :wink:
camelia
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 08, 2006
Nice one Cam, would you let him 'work' on you? would you have been able to look at him the same again.
MrLonely
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 08, 2006
Another masochist!
MrLonely
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 08, 2006
MrLonely wrote:Nice one Cam, would you let him 'work' on you? would you have been able to look at him the same again.

well yep, i would.. i did..
it boosted his ambition to be the best (I quote).. and he did a pretty admirable "work" :wink:
camelia
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 08, 2006
ah the plight of the the muse once forgotten.
MrLonely
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance