Life In Dubai

Topic locked
Life in Dubai Feb 15, 2006
Hello

norma
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 15, 2006
Norma, i dont want to bust your bubble but it seems like your "boyfriend" is a player and my advice is to NOT move to Dubai just to be with him. If you want to move here to be in a growing city that is full of opportunity then make the move.

Let me clarify one thing about lifestyles in Dubai, you can really have any you want. From party animal sleeping around with every chick you encounter (yes the transit stops does help the one night stand "industry" in the city) on the other hand people are living as devout religious people praying in mosques covering themeslves up/wearing turbans/etc .. so really you surround yourself with the people/enviroment you wish to be in.

Here is my quick analysis of the situation. Your just another fling for the lebanese playboy the day you left he got other girls lined up and doesnt really care. now if you move to dubai hey .. thats all good he will have some guaranteed a$$ whenever things go dry.

i might be being too harsh on him, but thats my two fils :)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 15, 2006
He sounds like a complete DOG. Sniffing up anything that moves. Why waste your time with someone that whispers sweet nothings to you. You have to remember they come from backgrounds that doesnt allow them "easy" access to women so when the opportunity comes to mark everything in sight they will. You're just another notch on his belt girlfriend. All those other girls and so called frens are just all play things, like you are. Dubai has become extremely metropolitan and the bright lights/glitter have hypnotised them...hahaha. Shoot a piece of booty every night and different ones mind you who can resist definately not your Lebanese dirtbag.
MossyOakMudslinger
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 16, 2006
Norma, Sorry but have to agree with the other two! Don't blame the girls! There's a very good reason why the guys are known as Lebansleazy! They know it's a meat market and go after any girl that they can get, I talking from personal experience here - don't bother!

The majority of Labanese guys here are players, they'll mess about for a bit, then go home and marry a nice local girl.

You're so being taken for a ride - ditch this loser!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 16, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Norma, Sorry but have to agree with the other two! Don't blame the girls! There's a very good reason why the guys are known as Lebansleazy! They know it's a meat market and go after any girl that they can get, I talking from personal experience here - don't bother!

The majority of Labanese guys here are players, they'll mess about for a bit, then go home and marry a nice local girl.

You're so being taken for a ride - ditch this loser!

Listen just because you got burned by a Lebanese guy doesn't mean you can bad mouth us all....

You know nothing of Lebanese people and even less of Arabs even though you always claim to do....

Lebanese people rock! Well maybe not the maronites... :wink:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Thank you Feb 16, 2006
Hello
norma
Dubai Forum Visitor

Anyone Feb 17, 2006
hello
norma
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 17, 2006
Hey norma,

Im afraid its not because he is Lebanese, or Indian or English, I'm afraid some guys just dont know how to be faithful regardless of race.. Temptation is everywhere and if the man or woman you love cannot resist this temptation they are certainly not worth moving away from your home and family for.

Think long and hard before you make this decision as it will change your life and lifestyle dramatically.

Good luck with what ever you do.
sweethoneybums
Dubai Forum User

Hello Feb 17, 2006
Hello
norma
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 18, 2006
Liban, I didn't say that ALL Lebanese guys are like this! I have lots of Lebanese friends and many of them are great, but sadly the guys don't have a very good reputation in Dubai - why do you think they have that nickname? There's no smoke without fire.

Plus during my trip to Lebanon I had the best time ever, the people were fantastic, much better in their own country than they are here - that's for sure! Sadly many of the people I;m talking about have lived most of their lives in Dubai, NOT Lebanon! It's these guys that have become the spoilt, skirt chasing guys.

Plus the same can be said for many guys in Dubai, they can't help themselves!

But from what Norma is saying this guy has been messing about, I mean come on, any guy that has girls constantly phoning him at all hours of the day has been playing.

Just reading the signs.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 19, 2006
Hi Norma:

I agree with the others on this one. The guy is clearly leading you on and having fun on the side. Many guys in dubai have this rep I'm afraid.

If you plan to come here to further your career and grow, then go for it! But I wouldnt advise leaving everything and coming here just for this guy!
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 20, 2006
Norma sweetie, you need to kick him to the kerb girlfriend. You are worth so much more and dont need to ever share your man with anyone else.

Hope all goes ok

x
airyfairy
Dubai Forum Visitor

Thank you Feb 21, 2006
Hello
norma
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 21, 2006
Norma, I think the majority have spoken, the guy is a loser.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 21, 2006
Count it as experience and cherrish the memories shared but move on sister girl.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Hello Feb 24, 2006
norma wrote:Hello Sweethoney,
I really appriciate your reply, and I want to know if you ve been to Dubai and how you found everything there. And do you have someone in your life that you really love. You seem to be a very helpful mature person to talk with. You know i m a very nice person and always scared to be hurt, it s very hard to meet a good person that you can trust without living any worries. Unfortunately, i attracted always these type of guys which are very nice at the begining and after things get weirdo. But anyways they say good attract bad, until one day life would be a little more eazy when you meet the right person.

I havent lived in Dubai no but I have moved to another country for a man, I sold my house and everything I owned to go and live with him and unfortunately it didnt work out! I came back to Cyprus and my family and friends supported me and helped me build up my life again.

I am moving to Dubai soon but not for a man! For work and because I want to try something new.

It is indeed very hard to meet someone nice these days but that doesnt mean you should settle for someone that hurts you in case you dont meet someone else. I know you must love this guy very much but if he isnt faithful to you now, he never will be, whether you live with him or without him.

Dont worry though cause time heals pain and some day you will find that special person that will love your properly.

:)
sweethoneybums
Dubai Forum User

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance