Jealousy?

Topic locked
Mar 11, 2006
All on line gone quite any one feeling guilty???

lenny
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 11, 2006
Nah, no big deal. If you're not doing anything wrong then you've nothing to worry about.

I think everyone sends flirty sms's between friends every now and again, there's no harm in it. And you can be open with your other half about it. He gets texts from his girl friends just as I get or send cheeky messages to my guy friends - so what.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 11, 2006
and what if your other side did it and you caught them
lenny
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 11, 2006
Sorry-that is a big deal- a big no-no!!
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 11, 2006
what do you mean GABs you seem to be for before
lenny
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 11, 2006
so GAB your partner knows what you chat about on line does he???
lenny
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 11, 2006
I know some of these people (and their partners) quite well!! Anyway- a joke is a joke, true flirting (with intent of getting something in the long run) is a no-no.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 11, 2006
But you didnt answer the question does your partner know and what would he do if he found out PS I agree with your comments though in some ways
lenny
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 11, 2006
Ok I mean more cheeky than flirty. What if I find out - he shows me the messages others send, we do it to our friends and they to us. Things can be cheeky and flirty without any other intention behind it, but there is a line and so long as you don't cross it then I think it's fine.

Mind you some of the messages I get from male friends are just down right dirty, but we all know it's meant in fun and that's the key. Everyone knows everyone else, if there's something going on then there's no way a party could hide it.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 11, 2006
Agree, with choco.Yes, he knows but he thinks it is all just cr@p. If he had a problem with it, accepting phone calls from friends on here and going to meets would be a big hassle. He is a bigger person than that and knows what is real and what is just a joke. He has the same kind of twisted sense of humour.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 11, 2006
GAB you say he knows but does he know the content have seen the choc thing and that have to say he seems cool if he knows about that more than likely he would be ok with by the sounds of it anyway but sounds like he doesnt know the content on what you chat about
lenny
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 11, 2006
The whole choc thing is a joke apart from the fact I do like chocolate and desserts, but my guess is you figured that out.

I do know for a fact Arnie does not own that tractor in that picture and I strongly suspect that he didn't actually make any of those cakes for me but he just downloaded them from the net (cheapskate :lol: :lol: ).

He is quite welcome to read all of it and my pm's- maybe he does-he knows my p/w and everything goes through his email address. I've known my husband probably longer than you've been alive so he knows me. He actually sent me this and asked if I would sign it :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll:
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/02 ... ract1.html

yeah, as if!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 11, 2006
he seems a with it type of person but I would say that he trusts you fully and wouldnt bother to check what you are doing what if he was chatting or texting or what ever would you check and if you found he was doing the same what would you do???.i agree that what is being done on here is clean fun but this bringing this up to gauge peoples responce
lenny
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 11, 2006
I'd Bobbitize him :lol: :lol: :lol: Removal of apendage is the only answer.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 11, 2006
still you are skirting around the issue obviously he thinks its is just general stuff you are talking about not about what you would do for chocs etc and sounds like if he did it he would be in trouble :?
lenny
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 11, 2006
Trouble-errr, no, I don't think so. He has a very funny sense of humour, hence the contract- "can you sign this honey" -yeah, as if!! :shock: :shock: I am sure he does and takes it in the light is intended. I wouldn't do anything for chocolate-that was a joke and you know it!!
Let's take everything I say word for word then. That would also mean I am 75 and wear birkenstocks with tights and a tweed skirt...in this climate!! :shock: I can't wear tights and a tweed skirt, I wear white knee-highs with my birkies and a 100% cotton A-line skirt-do you think I am crazy? I'd boil to death otherwise! :shock: :shock: Sensible dressing at all times.

Yeah, right!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 11, 2006
The flirting going on on this forum has just been play flirting. I mean, we are talking about posting pictures of chocolate, tractors, and nothing explicitly sexual has been mentioned. As well, I've met most of the people doing the flirting, and they didn't flirt with each other when together in person.

Sending a flirting sms messages is another matter altogether! Of course, you need to know the people involved and their how their friendship works, but I most certainly would not like it if my husband was getting messages in the day from a female friend who was flirting with him.

None of my male friends have ever flirted with me by sms because they know me and know I like my friendships with men to be the same as with a woman (okay, minus the shopping excursions :P). Maybe I'm just too square - but it suits me just fine and my husband never needs to feel jealous.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Mar 11, 2006
Agree with you K. Sms I think is a no go zone. Everyone here is on the same page and knowing everyone involved is a huge advantage. Also you are not square!! :lol: :lol: You'll make people think you look like my avatar!!

So let's go shopping, K!! I need some new birkies and you are the expert!! :P :P :wink: :wink:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 11, 2006
Sorry what I meant to say was if he was doing the same how would you take it and you still have not said if you have shown him the choc thing etc
lenny
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 11, 2006
I showed my hubby the whole chocolate and tractor business. He thought we were all major computer geeks. :lol:

p.s. GAB, I know exactly the place to take you for nice cheap Birks. All the super cool models we need to order online though :P
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Mar 11, 2006
I would be mortified if he offered to take someone for a ride in his tractor! Basically because as far as I know he doesn't own one. :shock: Agree with you K. My husband just thinks it is all a load of twaddle and thinks it is geeky....actually he thinks that about alot of things I do!! :? Sorry to say lenny, but he really isn't that fussed. Pretty laid back, he is.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 11, 2006
I give up I dont think you have shown him but doesnt matter I hope it never causes you an issue
lenny
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 11, 2006
He's not interested. Simple. Our last posting I used to post on the expat board and formed a playgroup for my kids, met some great girls, went to nights out (mixed gender and girls nights out) and he really doesn't care-I type in front of him, drag him to read some posts occasionally but he doesn't care-he's just not fussed. I joke like this when we are out with friends- he doesn't care. A joke is a joke and he knows when I am serious and when I am just being arsy. I asked him to come to the meet with me but he has work the next day....he jokes that I was out til all hours with strangers doing who knows what.......... :lol: I don't have to ask permission to go out and I don't have a curfew. I guess my husband knows me well enough-I have known him a long time and we've been married a long time-he says it has been a living hell. :lol:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 11, 2006
lenny

i think you have laboured your point enough. This is a "public" forum / message board and most of us have a public laugh.

Its that simple
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 11, 2006
Oh, and I was waiting for DHL to deliver my chocs. Spolisport! :lol: :P
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 11, 2006
As I said I give up sorry for hitting a nerve GAB will still send if you want
lenny
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 11, 2006
GAB wrote:Oh, and I was waiting for DHL to deliver my chocs. Spolisport! :lol: :P

:P :P :P
arniegang

Mar 11, 2006
lenny wrote:As I said I give up sorry for hitting a nerve GAB will still send if you want

If you disapprove of GAB and her behaviour just come out and say it. I doubt she'd care, but at least you'd be being direct, not beating around the bush. Her husband doesn't care, neither does mine. Arniegang's wife doesn't pay attention to forum life either. It is usually the case that one person is active on the board and their spouse doesn't bother - they just come out to the meets. Not everyone is interested in online communities, and not everyone distrusts their spouse.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Mar 11, 2006
Well said K

In fact, in my case apart from one exception, i would get my wife to speak to the "other forumer" this ensures there is no inpropriety and all is above board.

Lenny, you are trying to make out something that is in your imagination, all of us on here who know each other and their respective partners are more than comfortable with the situation on DF and in "real life".

My friends on here know me and how i am, i am comfortable with that. as i know likewise.

You can summise all you like.

End of........
arniegang

Re: Jealousy? Mar 11, 2006
Hiya wrote:A question to the guys, would you ever let your wife chat (in msn) to other guys as friends? Like for instance, her colleagues and ex-classmates?

I think mrs arnigang is seriously thinking about going at court against duabiforums. She has to watch desperate housewives when her husband is online ! :oops:

daddy why do u not let our mom to comeonline ,so we can find it out how irritating u are at home :P
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance