I Hate Myself

Topic locked
I hate myself Apr 05, 2009
Really , I started to feel lost , I hate my self , my life , my job , even my bloody hobby .

I don't know what to do or what I want anymore .

off-road
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 05, 2009
What's going on that has made you feel this way?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 05, 2009
You should never feel like this. Everyone goes through bad times, but everything is a challenge and the tough times just make you stronger.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 05, 2009
Yea my friend, your Misery is called Life!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 05, 2009
But on a more serious note, dude we all feel helpless at times! Don't worry just keep a positive attitude and you will came out of ur depression alrit!
Speak out on this forum, tell us what ails you.........
I don't know if I could offer you any advice, but I can most certainly lend you a ear!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 05, 2009
It sounds like you could be a bit depressed. You definitely need to talk to some friends about how you are feeling, and don't be shy to talk to your doc about it. Depression can become a very serious matter...
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: I hate myself Apr 05, 2009
off-road wrote:Really , I started to feel lost , I hate my self , my life , my job , even my bloody hobby .

Well you might be a bit off the road now! But one way or the other, the future should bring some promising things for you then, since they can't get any worse in your mind today.

What I suggest is; just tell us a bit more about yourself and your situation, your hobbies, your pro's and con's and some serious guys here on the forum will try to help you a bit if possible.

I would say, fire it off. You're not alone my friend. :wink:
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 05, 2009
It can only get better if it's already the worst.
WhiteJade
Dubai Forums Veteran

same here Apr 05, 2009
this post is exactly what i was about to write. its the same case with me here. i also have the worst stage in my life, very bad work, full of tension, the worst managers on earth, i can't find my soul mate, no proper friends,not enough money, .....etc. headache and insomnia are my close friends. :?
howdy

Apr 06, 2009
If you guys/girls don't tell us what's wrong, none of us is able to give some form of support.

Just let it out. It helps and you even have a few listening ears ready to take on the troubles in your minds.

I surely would take that opportunity since there aren't many people around that are open to one another's troubles in life.

Empty those buckets!!
RobbyG

Re: I hate myself Apr 06, 2009
off-road wrote:Really , I started to feel lost , I hate my self , my life , my job , even my bloody hobby .

Shut up KK what is fookin' wrong with you ! What did you break this time jumping your pajero. Or trying to keep your wrangler road worthy is taking its toll on you !

I know what will cheer you up a good drive in the dunes :D

Guys I know this fool personally. He routinely does this when getting extremely bored at the office so ignorez him plz 8)

P.S : be prepared for more weird antics from him

UNLESS......KK was being serious this time. :roll:
desertdudeshj

Apr 06, 2009
Aha, I thought we had a serious issue here with a potential breakdown on the road!

Boy this guy surely got me. Having said that, every time I don't respond to serious requests for help in the future is caused by this moron who spoils it for the people that really feel alone and need some form of help/support.

I will not show him my middle finger yet...
RobbyG

Apr 06, 2009
Mid-Life Crisis?
Ruskie
Dubai Forums Member

for a start stop visiting dubai forums , that should help.
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Apr 06, 2009
DD , I've never complained in public before .............. this time it's real , well, I didn't break anythin .... I stopped dune bashing a week ago as I don't feel like I wanna do it again , I don't know why which could be an indicator of something .........

Something is wrong ...... I am not kidding , It's been like a week , all what I am doing is going to work , coming back home and staying there , I lost the desire for life , sometimes I stay home or go to sleep and simply I start crying , I don't know why .

I simply don't know .
off-road
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 06, 2009
Any way , It seems like some of you might consider it a joke , It's not .

Sorry Ladies and Gents for wasting your time .
off-road
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 06, 2009
Its the DesertDude that made me crumble. He pointed out you could be a fake. And he's not really the average bullcrap-Joe, I sense...

So I'm backing off here. Got enough exposure already :lol:

Any professional psychologists in the house? 8)

Keep it up Off-Road. Cheers
RobbyG

that is a depression , you have to take a rest I had it and it took me long time to ride off ; try to talk to a friend that you trust
zahraufr28
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 06, 2009
Everyone goes through ups and downs. But it's how you handle it that makes the difference.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 06, 2009
hello, it seems you have a serious case of depression. its not a laughing matter. i suggest you visit a psychiatrist. you could try Dr. Dhar from Prime Medical Centre at Jumeira Beach 1, its a small mall and you could find the medical centre at the first floor.

he has treated my alcoholism, and till date i still have problems with alcohol so i still visited him last sunday. depression has been gone though, he gave me prozac for it.

DO SEE A DOCTOR NOW.
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 06, 2009
I wouldn't say serious depression, that would be upto a medical professional to determine that.

But you have to look at the reasons why you're down, do the things that make you happy.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 06, 2009
off-road wrote:DD , I've never complained in public before .............. this time it's real , well, I didn't break anythin .... I stopped dune bashing a week ago as I don't feel like I wanna do it again , I don't know why which could be an indicator of something .........

Something is wrong ...... I am not kidding , It's been like a week , all what I am doing is going to work , coming back home and staying there , I lost the desire for life , sometimes I stay home or go to sleep and simply I start crying , I don't know why .

I simply don't know .

You've been feeling this way for a week? Thats not depression your probably just sulking. Now quit moping about like an overgrown teenager, :lol: and do some dune bashing!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 06, 2009
If you really feel that bad, then it might help to go and talk to someone, I know it helps me.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 06, 2009
to be frank yes it may be depression, I may ask ou to head to psy for TEMPORARY relief.... but if you want PERMANENT relief, you gotta be honest with yourself most prob YOUR LIFE.

Are your relationships with ppl healthy? Do you have deep connection with friends? Is there something from past life you wanted to achieve that has been bugging you? Do you like your job or you are doing for sake of doing? Can you name atleast 5 friends who will help you in times of your need? What are your passions? What are you doing to keep them alive?

These are some of the long term questions you have to face and change the mindset you are leading... to begin with read some self-help books. I highly recommend "power of Now" by Echart Tolle.

Dune bashing, taking pills , drinking etc can temporarily divert your mind from real problems but if you want to make your life enjoyful solve your problems and try to take away noise in your head and be present, be in your body and be in the moment....then you will be free.
desert surfer
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 06, 2009
heheh sorry cant help the rudeness in me but this was funny :P

bruv i think u need friends and u can go dune bashing together. or u need to find a new hobby. ever dried radio control helis :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 06, 2009
Well you would find it funny, because you're an unfeeling, heartless git!

Depression is nothing to joke about! Depression and manic depression are serious issues that have to be dealt with properly.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 07, 2009
off-road wrote:DD , I've never complained in public before .............. this time it's real , well, I didn't break anythin .... I stopped dune bashing a week ago as I don't feel like I wanna do it again , I don't know why which could be an indicator of something .........

I simply don't know .

Oh Crap you serious KK !

Well I guess shit can get to the best of us man. Maybe you need time off , go visit your family back home. Get away from this Slave to the grind routine here. As far as I know you don't have family here other that a few naughty friends !

I know it can get tedious man. Work home work home work home. I've felt crappy many times here aswell. If you can't get time off work. Go hang out with your good friends and buddies. Sitting at home and staring at the wall will juat make it worse.

You shoudn't have stopped going out to the desert man. I wouldn't call it a hobby. Its a great stress buster.

Best advise I can give you is get closer to the man upstairs. Start attending congregational prayers or start praying to start off with If you don't. Get to know your religon better and in detail.

If there was someone who deserves to be depressed its me :) but I'm not . I have no means of steady income for over a year now. Wife lost her job a few months back. We are really down to dimes and quarters to be honest. But I'm not depressed or overly worried. If you met me you would'nt know I was hanging on from the skin of my teeth. But I have good friends a like minded life partner and god. I live in the now not the past or the future and am still having a blast. ( Maybe these are the things you are missing )

So get it with KK. Count your blessings be thankfull your a good lookin fella ...well reasonably ..sorta ...( just kidding :) ) you have your health and your alive and kicking with your whole life in front of you.

You should really head out to the desert this weekend man. I know you were recently promoted to marshall so go put up a trip. If your bored with the regular spots go do some exploring in new areas Or if you want a change of company your most welcomed to join me this friday. OR maybe just head out on your own pick a nice quite spot and just stare at the beauty of the rolling dunes. I know I can never get enough and always puts me in a peacefull and tranquill mood.

Take care buddy call me if you need to talk, you have my number. Don't call me in the morning I'll be Zzzzzzz 8)
desertdudeshj

Apr 07, 2009
My magical cure to to depression is the sun. But also, being with friends is porbaly number one. I can only imagine how lonely it gets there if you don't have a wife or really good friends. But the worst thing to do is stay home by yourself cause it only leads for more isolation and more of you talking to yourself. Just go out and meet people, if anything visit back home see a few of your old friends.
Ruskie
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 07, 2009
Actually Ruskie, I would disagree totally with your recommendation. Sometimes taking time out from the world and having time and space to yourself is exactly what you need to resolve the issues troubling you.

Going out and being with others are temporary solutions, temporary highs, but the underlying issues still exist, and these are what have to be addressed. Everyone needs to take time by themselves every now and then.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 07, 2009
KEEP ME POSTED---U CAN COUNT ON ME---AS A FRIEND----andz_zmzn@yahoo.com
andz_zmzn
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance