Topic locked

For love or for money....

Love
67%
Money
33%

Total votes : 18

For Love or Money May 11, 2007
Seriously think about it for a second before answering. There are so many 'reality' shows asking this very thing. The ending on the show is usually for love but then they break up after the finale is aired...

Same thing with celebrity marriages and us common folks.

Almost everyone I know says they will marry for money and nothing else and I've been given that advice from family and friends as well, because apparently there is no such thing as love anymore...

So which one is it; love or money?

bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 11, 2007
well, Love will fly out in the window when you have nothing to eat, nothing to wear and debts coming in....and how can you show love without money?common, let us be realistic... :wink:
gracy
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 12, 2007
yah....thats right....better to get them both...

love and money...but i think its really difficult to find one now adays...

hmmmm...i been here to dubai for about 7 months and i never had a boyfriend yet because its really hard to trust man now...

goodluck to me them...
chariza
Dubai Forums Member

May 12, 2007
Sounds like a poll for "working girls".... Love or Money? j/k!

I would rather see the poll this way: Why couple fights about money?

Love couldn’t be compared to money. Love is never equal to money. But financial stability could help you both enjoy what the world has to offer.

I wonder how couple professes love for each other, yet they don’t do what it takes to stop fighting about money.

I think couple fights about money, because they've "issues". Maybe you are pampered when you’re still a kid. Now that you are an adult, you feel that you are still entitled to everything that is best in the world, without considering if your partner is earning enough to pay for it all.

It is important to discuss your financial relationship with your partner, to exchange your views and values about money before getting married. Though discussing about money is a tough one. It is through this process you’ll see the reaction of your partner. If he/she shut you down and refuse to table talk, then you have an issue that needs to be resolved. Bridge this gap, talk and discuss this matter before tying the knot. If not, I think it’s about time that you re-assess your relationship. Lacking of ‘C’ (COMMUNICATION & COMPROMISE) is what torpedoes relationships, not a lack of money.

Money may not buy love, but fighting about it may bankrupt your relationship.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

what will May 14, 2007
lets say both are valuable but real love matters, :idea:
Coz you can earn :arrow: money :!:
harrysat
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Definitely For LOVE May 14, 2007
not ofr one minute will i ever think of marrying anyone for MONEY!!..
netgeek2k2

May 15, 2007
all depend to individual needs.. think what will make u happy?

u think u will be happy with the person u dont love but shower u with gifts and provides u with everything? or live with someone u love but has to deal with financial shortcomings?

but u see, marriage is a gamble. u'll never know what's gonna happen in the future. he might be the richest man today. but everything he owns might be gone tommorrow.

think. ur life. ur choice!
panaghoy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: For Love or Money May 15, 2007
bushra21 wrote:Seriously think about it for a second before answering. There are so many 'reality' shows asking this very thing. The ending on the show is usually for love but then they break up after the finale is aired...

Same thing with celebrity marriages and us common folks.

Almost everyone I know says they will marry for money and nothing else and I've been given that advice from family and friends as well, because apparently there is no such thing as love anymore...

So which one is it; love or money?

money in ur case

whats ur going rate for the night
xibit
Dubai forums Addict

May 15, 2007
^^^ What's your rate for going for good?
sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 16, 2007
No rates for that one sauron. Fresh pineapple fruit is just FINE.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

May 16, 2007
:shock: Not too sure I get the point of that one, ASC - unless you mean he can sit on it?
sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 16, 2007
not only sit, i guess sit and rotate :lol:
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 16, 2007
:lol: As we say in Scotland, I hope his next sh*t is a hedgehog.
sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 18, 2007
something u all are missing out on.

Money comes and goes.

Love always stays.

So you really cant have both all the time. Rest assured, you can have love.
guest999

May 18, 2007
Not_Sure wrote:something u all are missing out on.

Money comes and goes

Love always stays.

i disagree, money stays if u are good and knowledgeable enuf to handle it...
but Love comes and and goes no matter how good u r in handling such...
gracy
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 18, 2007
guest999

May 20, 2007
gracy wrote:
Not_Sure wrote:something u all are missing out on.

Money comes and goes

Love always stays.

i disagree, money stays if u are good and knowledgeable enuf to handle it...
but Love comes and and goes no matter how good u r in handling such...

my grandparents lived together and cared for each other for over 60 years. no further comment. :)
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 19, 2007
Definitly love :)

Nothing, not even tons of money, will ever make you as happy as being in love and a loving relationship no matter how long it is. Love is always worth it.
Granted money will make things alot easier in life, but it will never give you that feeling when you hug/kiss someone you really love.
Sometimes when I hear people speak about money being the key to happiness I get the impression they have not been in love or a positive loving relationship before. The experience of learning about life and oneself through the good and bad periods of a relationship which can make u grow as a person is irreplacable.
For those who have only seen the negative side of what love is, I am sorry that it happened like that, but if you find the right person Im sure you will sink into the feeling of it and thank god that you found this person.

Lemming ^^
Lemming
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 20, 2007
Lemming wrote:Definitly love :)

True true. Here in the middle-eastern part of the world, money is more important than love because there is still a strong and continuing tradition of the dowry/mahr system - where the man pays the woman.
We're in a collective (versus individualism) society here. So there has to be approval by the closest members of one's society in terms of wealth and social status in a marriage.
The feelings of love which Lemming described^^ is only secondary and cannot guarantee social approval.
anxiousape
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 20, 2007
I think you are right. Though I tend to care more about how I feel about my life more than what others feel about my life, they should be thinking about their life not mine ^^
So if one cares more about money and social status, to me that is sad and boring life and indicates to me that this person probably is not half as happy in any of his/her relationships than I am ^^ But I suppose if you prefer driving a nice car to having happiness, then gogogo lol :)

Lemming ^^
Lemming
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 20, 2007
Yes, i have to admit that I also (like everyone else) am attracted to shiny objects in the most primitive sense : P
anxiousape
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 20, 2007
Well like most girls I probably wont toss away a diamond or other nice things, they are nice.
But if it comes to choose between being happy with the one I love or having a nice car or diamonds... then my choice is obvious ^^
To me there is nothing more shiny and beautiful than love, for it will give u many gifts for your mind and soul. Nice cars and things are good, but other things are just a tad better ;)
Once one gets bored of "playing" around and spending tons of money one will notice the significant difference I think :)
Lemming
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 20, 2007
Lemming wrote:Once one gets bored of "playing" around and spending
tons of money one will notice the significant difference I think :)

Significant difference when one is bankrupt! I'm remembering the song by the Eagles.. 'when we're hungry, Love Will Keep Us Alive' loll
anxiousape
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 20, 2007
well love and work will keep u alive most likely lol ^^
Lemming
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance