Can This Really Be Love?

Topic locked
can this really be love? May 06, 2007
Well I found myself in a situation i would never suspect i will end up in my life :) I'm a girl from europe and I met a guy, Dubai local, online, or rather he met me .... it was not any dating site or even chat room, I gave a post on some traveling sites, as I was looking for travel companion, and he wrote an email to me. This how it started, it was not supposed to be any romance or anything of this sort, just a friend during travelling. I don't have any experience in online chatting and I've never before had any kind of realtionship with an Arab( even friendship) . And it turned out somehow that we started chatting and talking on messengers, using web cam everyday since couple of months. A day without at least saying hello to each other seems to be very hard for us both :) And not always is perfect, we quarrel and argue, we try to know each other better and coming from completly different cultures and religions makes it sometimes hard to understand each other wishes and way of thinking. But it seems that sth strong attracts us to keep the contact alive and "vibrant". What worries me is that he seems to be very involved in the relationship, or maybe he just pretends to be ?? I'm involved too but i can't say I love sb when not meeting him in reality. If everything goes well we will meet in 2-3 months time. But in the meantime I don't know what to think ...how to treat his attitude to me... is it a game only? He says he loves me, is obsessed with me, thinks all the time about me and many more romantic talking every girl wishes to hear in her life :) Acctualy this is the frist time sb so openly and with so much passion talks about his feelings to me. But i heard that local men from Dubai are good in talking and flirting with women only to get what they want from her. Are there any signs that show if sb is honest with you and ways to lessen the risk of broken heart and dissapointment when meeting in reality? He is quite affluent, well educated and good looking guy so why he does not find a girlfriend in Dubai? Because I feel that he treats me in same way as his girlfriend ...for me it is not enough to think about sb as boyfriend when not knowing him in reality... and this upsets him, that i don't trust in him enough. Be gratefull for any comments.

lola
Dubai Forum Guest

May 06, 2007
first of all, you must know that virtual is far different from real one...
i remember someone about your story, just that, they exactly knew what is virtual world from real drama...

anyways, welcome and have fun! :D
gracy
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 06, 2007
Be very careful... that's all I will say.

Regardless of what their culture or nationality is... meeting people on the internet can always be full of surprises.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 06, 2007
^^i agree with ian

i hate suprises
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 06, 2007
i don't agree with Bleakus...

I love Surprises... :)
gracy
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 06, 2007
^^well a suprise present is always nice

but the one where everybody comes up and shouts suprises me just pisses me off, makes me nervous haha
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 06, 2007
Alert!

He probably wants you to be a second wife :D
l'acqua
Dubai Expat Wannabe

May 06, 2007
my personal experience, i meet a girl online but of same culture and same religion and we gone thro all the things u r telling.

we fall in love and then a very long and difficult war started between me and my family coz i wanted to marry her, its typical indian or pakistani movie story. Point is i am guy i know not every guy is cheat but still be very careful.

virtual relations can be end up nicely in real world depending upon persons.
aarif
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 06, 2007
--
aarif
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 06, 2007
i apologize - submit button pressed three time by mistake :(
aarif
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 06, 2007
l'acqua wrote:Alert!

He probably wants you to be a second wife :D

huh!!
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

look in real May 06, 2007
look in the real life, why, what he is looking for ?
harrysat
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: look in real May 06, 2007
harrysat wrote:look in the real life, why, what he is looking for ?

harrysat, he is not looking for something else...they are in love...cannot you see?... :x
please read the story again... :roll:
gracy
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 06, 2007
what worse can happen, that u havent thought of yet? None..

So u r prepared for it if u walk in.

If not...then dont move ahead with it.

next problem please.....

(never compare urself to others....its never the same)
guest999

ow--- May 07, 2007
8) 8)
harrysat
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 07, 2007
Run Lola run! 8)
cactus_rock
Dubai Forums Member

May 08, 2007
my personal experience is, a guy saying he loves me....that i am his GF...try to sneak around, used some different ID, ask him if he have GF, then you will know how sincere he is to you...sigh...i hope you will get a positive answer, coz all the time , i got negative..goodluck girl.. :wink:
gracy
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 08, 2007
all the best to both of you
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 08, 2007
hey u can try using another id....as female..get an intro, talk flirt deliberately ask about his GF ..and if ur so called BF says that he does not have any n gives her his mobile number, responds her(U in another Id)...lol in a positive then u know what to do right?? this is from my personal experience....take a bet it works!! :D
raina
Dubai forums Addict

May 08, 2007
raina wrote:hey u can try using another id....as female..get an intro, talk flirt deliberately ask about his GF ..and if ur so called BF says that he does not have any n gives her his mobile number, responds her(U in another Id)...lol in a positive then u know what to do right?? this is from my personal experience....take a bet it works!! :D

You are smart :) how long did ya talk to the guy? long enuff to flirt or just questioned him do u have a GF and he said no , so hes outta ur life?

man shud be on a alert now :lol:
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 08, 2007
yeah a couple of weeks......but me damn lucky.....but he told me(new id) about me(his GF) and he was truely a good friend to me(new id)...lol...so can't stop loving him.......touch wood!!! :)
raina
Dubai forums Addict

May 08, 2007
THats cool:) all the best to u two :)
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 08, 2007
raina wrote:yeah a couple of weeks......but me damn lucky.....but he told me(new id) about me(his GF) and he was truely a good friend to me(new id)...lol...so can't stop loving him.......touch wood!!! :)

you are very lucky raina...you find such man... :D
gracy
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 08, 2007
that's why I believe in true love...........
raina
Dubai forums Addict

May 08, 2007
i'm not sure if there is any point of using such a strategy with creating new ID and checking him .... well his intentions are becoming more visible and i don't like them, so the relationship is anyway going to finish but if i could not resist to do this is there any way that he would find out that this new ID on MSN for example is created on the same computer, from the same country as the one I'm using now....? and if you were doing such a checking weren't you affraid that sb would recognize your style of writing, the way you express yourself and so on??
lola
Dubai Forum Guest

May 08, 2007
lola wrote:i'm not sure if there is any point of using such a strategy with creating new ID and checking him .... well his intentions are becoming more visible and i don't like them, so the relationship is anyway going to finish but if i could not resist to do this is there any way that he would find out that this new ID on MSN for example is created on the same computer, from the same country as the one I'm using now....? and if you were doing such a checking weren't you affraid that sb would recognize your style of writing, the way you express yourself and so on??

no..in YM, u can create as many ID as you want using ur own accounts...no he will not know its you and of course u will not talk that long...and u jut slighly change ur writtings...
but if you see now his intentions is not good, then don't waste ur time... :wink:

Note: this checking is good only if you are both singles, but if you have extra luggages, then do not do it...your end up hurting yourself... :)
gracy
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 09, 2007
I like the Idea, something I'd do too... but otherwise id simply suggest to take the risk...

Experience dosent come without taking risks. Its the concequences you face before the lesson is thought. Id say do what your heart feels right and go for it !
Mashaal
Dubai Forums Member

May 09, 2007
this checking is needed only when u r about to take up the decisions .....when u think the person is just right for u. After all only one life and should not end up placing yourself in wrong hands.
raina
Dubai forums Addict

May 09, 2007
Ahhh trust and faith.

One would say, don't ask the question if you're not going to like the answer.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance