Any Ideas For Birthday Gifts?

Topic locked
Any ideas for birthday gifts? Oct 20, 2011
Hi,

Does anyone have any ideas for birthday gifts? It's for my girlfriend: a girl, turning 21. I know that this is a hard question and that it's all relative and that you might have to know the person, etc. but I'm just trying to find something cool...maybe some of you have offered a birthday gift to girlfriend and they really liked it so I'm open to suggestions. Maybe there are some places here in Dubai which provide cool gifts that I am not aware of or something.

Thanks,
Kaldi

Kaldi
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Any Ideas For Birthday Gifts? Oct 20, 2011
What woman doesn't like jewelry???
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Any ideas for birthday gifts? Oct 20, 2011
Diamonds! The bigger, the better! :D
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Any Ideas For Birthday Gifts? Oct 21, 2011
Bora Bora wrote:What woman doesn't like jewelry???

I know plenty. :?
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Flying Dutchman wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:What woman doesn't like jewelry???

I know plenty. :?

Of course you do. They like the cash so they can buy their own jewelry. :wink:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

I never give cash for birthdays.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Any ideas for birthday gifts? Oct 22, 2011
Kaldi wrote:Hi,

Does anyone have any ideas for birthday gifts? It's for my girlfriend: a girl, turning 21. I know that this is a hard question and that it's all relative and that you might have to know the person, etc. but I'm just trying to find something cool...maybe some of you have offered a birthday gift to girlfriend and they really liked it so I'm open to suggestions. Maybe there are some places here in Dubai which provide cool gifts that I am not aware of or something.

Thanks,
Kaldi

You may try to get her a music box, the one that you open then a lil doll comes out that starts dancing along with the music " she will remember you every time she plays that specially before she sleeps " good luck
;)
ICOOL
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Any ideas for birthday gifts? Oct 26, 2011
I think jewelry like earrings
mindspark
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Any Ideas For Birthday Gifts? Dec 27, 2011
Cubic Zirconia FTW , no woman can tell them from the real thing
uaehop
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Any Ideas For Birthday Gifts? Dec 27, 2011
uaehop ,

Maybe the women you know. But I tend to think that even cubiz zirconia is out of your price range. :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Any Ideas For Birthday Gifts? Dec 28, 2011
uaehop wrote:Cubic Zirconia FTW , no woman can tell them from the real thing

This is from somebody that thinks an LSA in the work place is A Large Sandy Ape. Sounds like an educated man:-/

My husband just got me the most beautiful heart earrings from Dubai, encrusted with white & pink diamonds! They're amazing!!!
Sandstormlady
Dubai Forums Member

i'm wondering why you don't post under your original username.

--- Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:12 am ---

Sandstormlady wrote:This is from somebody that thinks an LSA in the work place is A Large Sandy Ape. Sounds like an educated man:-/

My husband just got me the most beautiful heart earrings from Dubai, encrusted with white & pink diamonds! They're amazing!!!

Lucky you! I love diamonds. Dubai is the place to buy them. Make hay while the sun shines :D

--- Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:15 am ---

Bora Bora wrote:uaehop ,

Maybe the women you know. But I tend to think that even cubiz zirconia is out of your price range.

He'd be sacked if he came home with a cubic zirconia. Any woman worth her salt could tell it a mile away.
I would be insulted.
Bethsmum

A music box? She's turning 21 not 12! er not all people can afford diamonds. But along jewellery lines, how about a pendent with her birthstone in it, whatever that maybe. Given that she's turning 21 (the legal age to go to places that sell alcohol in the UAE), you could arrange for a romantic night out, pick her up in a limo (Dubai exotic limo), take her to a nice place to eat, then surprise her at another venue and have her friends waiting.

Is she adventurous? How about a sky dive, balloon ride over the desert, something fun and memorable, it doesn't have to be a keepable gift.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Even my chav trailer park friends can spot the difference between fake and real diamonds from a mile. Trailer parks in Holland are quite exclusive by the way, it feels like holiday. Not the ones for gypsies though, those are not cool.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Chocoholic ,

I agree, not everyone can afford diamonds, but don't buy a CZ as pass it off as the real thing. Buying her a pendant or earrings with her birthstone would probably cost as much as CZ and she would have a real gemstone worth something.

--- Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:43 pm ---

Sandstormlady ,

Enjoy your earrings Sandstorm!!! They can be worn with anything or nothing and look fab!!! :D I'm still loving my Xmas/Bday gift. I open the safe, take the box out, and take a peek at them every so often because they are so gorgeous!!!

I hope your hubby got a certificate of authentication from the jeweler. If not, have him go back and get one for no other reason than when insuring them.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Any Ideas For Birthday Gifts? Jan 04, 2012
Hi, no girl can refuse the charm of flowers and cake .
yuqtegsdfr
Dubai Forum User

Re: Any Ideas For Birthday Gifts? Jan 04, 2012
Yes there's a certificate with all the numbers, stamps etc on. We learnt that 15 years ago when he got me a VVS diamond in my engagement ring & the jeweller explained about diamonds, their value & keeping certificates. Problem is once you've recieved a nice diamond nothing else compares because you have a really good one to compare it to then it sticks out like a sore thumb.
Sandstormlady
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Any Ideas For Birthday Gifts? Jan 05, 2012
:D yuqtegsdfr , seriously? Flowers and cake are zero thought ideas. One guy I went out with said he would never EVER buy me flowers as it was something that took no effort or thought and he couldn't do that to me. So I got shiney things instead
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

I'm sure she will love the taste of Godiva Chocolate. You can find it from Dubai Mall, Wafi Mall and Jumeirah Centre. Also, you can have it deliver to her by visiting their online store here in Dubai.
themshop
Dubai Forum Visitor

Chocoholic wrote::D yuqtegsdfr , seriously? Flowers and cake are zero thought ideas. One guy I went out with said he would never EVER buy me flowers as it was something that took no effort or thought and he couldn't do that to me. So I got shiney things instead

I second that. If I guy ever bought me Chocolate, cake etc for my birthday I think I would have to consume the whole lot in a matter of seconds just to be able to throw it all back up in his lap:-)
Soooo unimaginative!
One year my husband told me to go "Girly shopping" in the morning for a daytime outfit & an evening one, come home & pack an over night bag & met him at the airport! I didn't have a clue! He flew us back to the UK, stayed at The Savoy, ate in Gordon Ramseys savoy restaurant then went over the road to see Chicago.
Now that's what I call a "thoughtful" present.
Sandstormlady
Dubai Forums Member

Sandstormlady , Now that's what you call a birthday present! Yeah some people just have no imagination, it's ok, we know some guys have a tough time with these things. I'd always say stay well away from anything edible and fattening! Those will not go down well.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Any Ideas For Birthday Gifts? Jan 06, 2012
Women...
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

I got a bunch of red roses once, they were bought from the filling station. They weren't real but they weren't plastic. They were sort of made of some sort of material. I was told they were better value as they would last a lot longer than real ones.
Bethsmum

At least you people got something. I have to buy my own present, from my own money. :-).
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Flying Dutchman wrote:At least you people got something. I have to buy my own present, from my own money. .

That was for my birthday FD! Beth always gets me her favourite CD by some random rapper for my Christmas gift and I have to give her the money to buy it.
Bethsmum

Kaldi , find out what your girlfriend likes to receive on her birthday. You can ask her friends to do a favor for you, to ask your girlfriend what she wants to have (like gadgets, shoes, jewelry).
abiuae
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Any Ideas For Birthday Gifts? Jan 24, 2012
Thank you for your suggestions, but our relationship has ended :(
Kaldi
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Any Ideas For Birthday Gifts? Jan 24, 2012
WOW you sure are quick mate ;)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Any Ideas For Birthday Gifts? Jan 25, 2012
wonderful, so get her a new boyfrnd...she'll love it, im sure :P
tony89
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Any Ideas For Birthday Gifts? Feb 10, 2012
Any girl who loves her man will accept a gift that is worth the effort and not the price...and pls. don't give fake jewelry because we can really tell the difference.
Vulnerable
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance