Age Difference....is It Such A Big Issue?

Topic locked
Apr 25, 2006
Corcovado wrote:..i mean a 26 years old woman is much more old and mature than a 26 years old man :? soo thats why we look for older men

It could just be your love for antiques.

XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 25, 2006
Corcovado wrote:well men in their 20 somethin are kindof young and want 2 live life upside down on and off.... so maybe teenagers are good for them... cos woman mature faster than men ..i mean a 26 years old woman is much more old and mature than a 26 years old man :? soo thats why we look for older men

Well, the trouble is though, that although you may be right, I've found that 18/19/20 year old girls go for guys the same age, as 29 year olds are "too old". Yet 5 years later, they are looking for a 10 year age gap - hence 29 is, I think, an odd age to be single at, because you're neither the young party animal, nor the more mature gentleman!
Grrrrrr :evil:
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 25, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:
Corcovado wrote:..i mean a 26 years old woman is much more old and mature than a 26 years old man :? soo thats why we look for older men

It could just be your love for antiques.

i studied archaeology actually and i do love antiques and 30 somethin is not old honey ...maybe because ur 14 now or somethin ofcourse we are all old for u sweetie pie :twisted:
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 25, 2006
the_zooter wrote:
Corcovado wrote:well men in their 20 somethin are kindof young and want 2 live life upside down on and off.... so maybe teenagers are good for them... cos woman mature faster than men ..i mean a 26 years old woman is much more old and mature than a 26 years old man :? soo thats why we look for older men

Well, the trouble is though, that although you may be right, I've found that 18/19/20 year old girls go for guys the same age, as 29 year olds are "too old". Yet 5 years later, they are looking for a 10 year age gap - hence 29 is, I think, an odd age to be single at, because you're neither the young party animal, nor the more mature gentleman!
Grrrrrr :evil:

ur can get the pleasures of both eras so enjoy.......... party like crazy and be a mature gentleman.. ur in ur peak now :D
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 25, 2006
Corcovado wrote:i studied archaeology actually and i do love antiques and 30 somethin is not old honey ...maybe because ur 14 now or somethin ofcourse we are all old for u sweetie pie :twisted:

Sorry C, anything above 26 is old and anything below 24 is young - get the hint ;)
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 25, 2006
Corcovado wrote:ur can get the pleasures of both eras so enjoy.......... party like crazy and be a mature gentleman.. ur in ur peak now :D

Wow - never been described as being "in my peak" before!!! lol
8) :lol: 8)
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 25, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:
Corcovado wrote:i studied archaeology actually and i do love antiques and 30 somethin is not old honey ...maybe because ur 14 now or somethin ofcourse we are all old for u sweetie pie :twisted:

Sorry C, anything above 26 is old and anything below 24 is young - get the hint ;)

hmmm 25-26 thats the age range.... i will be 26 next week then i will be an old lady :cry: maybe i should kill myself then cos i am not young in XRW-147 scale :x come on kid u know the wiskey ad : SOME AGE OTHERS MATURE :twisted: thats the real deal
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 25, 2006
Keke... well, if you turn 26 tomorrow u will be only about 4 months older than me... and I said above 26 is old ;)
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 25, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:Keke... well, if you turn 26 tomorrow u will be only about 4 months older than me... and I said above 26 is old ;)

ur a virgo or libra eh?
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 25, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:

Hey X, who you calling old! I'm 30 and never been more happy and raring to go, (I'm going to lie and say I'm 25 till I'm 40!) my other half is 34 and it seems to be pretty good. I was engaged to a toyboy, too imature! Dated guys 10 years older - boring! I think just a few years either side is fine.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 25, 2006
I'm going to come up with a seemingly unusual statement:
It depends!!
It all comes down to the person. I've been out with 19 year olds that act like they are 30 and we've got on great, and I've been out with 30-somethings who've acted like they are 19 and its been a nightmare!! It all depends on the person you are dating. Age is (to a certain extent) irrelevant!!!
Thats just my opinion anyway!!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 25, 2006
Well this is true and I'll agree with your statement, for instance I know of a 30 something guy that skateboards - yes you read correctly - skateboards to work, wears baggy board shorts with the crotch between his knees, backwards caps etc etc and acts like a 13 year old! And yet many women like this to begin with, but get pissed off with the 'inner child' - pfff, there's no hope for some people.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 25, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Well this is true and I'll agree with your statement, for instance I know of a 30 something guy that skateboards - yes you read correctly - skateboards to work, wears baggy board shorts with the crotch between his knees, backwards caps etc etc and acts like a 13 year old! And yet many women like this to begin with, but get pissed off with the 'inner child' - pfff, there's no hope for some people.

true cos men find the "inner child" in a woman cute and appealing but when it comes to us a man with "inner child" is just stupid ,shallow , and a turn off ....WE NEED REAL MEN
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 26, 2006
Corcovado wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Well this is true and I'll agree with your statement, for instance I know of a 30 something guy that skateboards - yes you read correctly - skateboards to work, wears baggy board shorts with the crotch between his knees, backwards caps etc etc and acts like a 13 year old! And yet many women like this to begin with, but get pissed off with the 'inner child' - pfff, there's no hope for some people.

true cos men find the "inner child" in a woman cute and appealing but when it comes to us a man with "inner child" is just stupid ,shallow , and a turn off ....WE NEED REAL MEN

i strongly agree and can always withstand this empowerment of creative thought ....(C and C) love you guys! :D......

the rate at which a person(man ) can mature is directly proportional to the embarrasment he can tolerate.....

HABIT IS SECOND NATURE :D
vicky40_teach
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 26, 2006
It's not a big issue to me, but if i was to be with a much older guy or a younger guy than me...then it becomes issues for people around me..."gossiping n stuff like that"

But what if the girl is 23 and the guy is 25...but he looks mature for his age (married with kids, people would assume) and the girl looks young for her age (college type of student)....i think if they both know how old they really r it shouldnt be no problem....but you know how people react to such things (make it into a big issue)
tinkerbella
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 26, 2006
Corcovado wrote:ur a virgo or libra eh?

Virgoen by name and nature.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 26, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Hey X, who you calling old! I'm 30 and never been more happy and raring to go, (I'm going to lie and say I'm 25 till I'm 40!) my other half is 34 and it seems to be pretty good. I was engaged to a toyboy, too imature! Dated guys 10 years older - boring! I think just a few years either side is fine.

Chill chocco babe, I was only hinting that there was an element of bracket creep from my view with each approaching year. I've always tended to stick within 5 years +/- (mainly +). Still, as the saying goes - you're only as old as (who) you feel.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 26, 2006

Chocs, I didn't know we work together!
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 26, 2006
Hahahaha, and you're a Virgo too! Bizarre!

I'm a Libra, but so untypical, I must be on the cusp of something, too moody and firey to be a true Libra.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 26, 2006
hey me libra too...but not always balanced!!...but yeah choc...i'd have ya figured out for a scorpio...but hey all this star sign stuff...too generalised...you can read whatever you want in it!!...
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Apr 26, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:
Corcovado wrote:ur a virgo or libra eh?

Virgoen by name and nature.

Snap X.............idealistic by nature!!
irish vanessa
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 27, 2006
Everyone seems to be preoccupied with the physical aspects of the age difference... It's a fact that girls mature faster than boys (so THEY say!) so its not surprising that some girls are attracted to an older man as they have much more life experience and many women feel more in tune with a more mature attitude to many things in life.

There are times when it is good to regress and be childish, it keeps us young.
Some of us are 'growing old disgracefully' and undertake activities that are normally associated with a more 'youthful' audience...and can beat the crap out of the kids most times! There can be life in the old dogs!

Just get used to the fact that we like our lives the way they are...we are sort of set.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 28, 2006
Well said Dubai Knight!
Rob_Rob
Dubai Forum Visitor

Apr 29, 2006
Sadly Constantine never really got on with Scorpios, don't know why.

DK, tell you what I wish oh wish there was an adults only play ground, arcade, theme park, it would be cool - why do children get to have all the fun - no fair!

I love space hoppers, I want a really big one, to bounce around shopping isles on - wwweeeeeee boing boing boing!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 29, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Sadly Constantine never really got on with Scorpios, don't know why.

DK, tell you what I wish oh wish there was an adults only play ground, arcade, theme park, it would be cool - why do children get to have all the fun - no fair!

I love space hoppers, I want a really big one, to bounce around shopping isles on - wwweeeeeee boing boing boing!

Yeah! It's not fair! I keep getting kicked off the climbing frame in Creek Park! They need to make the slides wider as well cos a spreading rear end can get jammed half way down! Embarrassing to get the park rangers to come and free you with a crowbar and a packet of butter!!! :shock:

You wanna borrow my space hopper??

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 09, 2006
alexandra wrote:
Wafaey wrote:Alexandra do you mind if u told us ur age and his age ?!

i am 21 and he is 45 now...still i don't see the problem....

Girlfiend, you're only 21, you can find anohter man. Dont worry, just dont look for anybody, if you dont look, you will eventually find someone new, maybe a bit younger, but someone who will be just as good as him or even better.But whatever you choose to do, it's meant to be. :)
Al7Isra
Dubai Forums Member

May 09, 2006
My boyfriend is 13 years older than me... we got along find <---- sometimes he treat me like I am a little girl... but it feels good to be treated like a little girl sometime, of course sometime if pisses my off treating me like i am a baby. he is more understanding and mature than most of my exes!!
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

May 09, 2006
FeiPo wrote:My boyfriend is 13 years older than me... we got along find <---- sometimes he treat me like I am a little girl... but it feels good to be treated like a little girl sometime, of course sometime if pisses my off treating me like i am a baby. he is more understanding and mature than most of my exes!!

Just out of interest, what are your two ages??
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 09, 2006
the_zooter wrote:
FeiPo wrote:My boyfriend is 13 years older than me... we got along find <---- sometimes he treat me like I am a little girl... but it feels good to be treated like a little girl sometime, of course sometime if pisses my off treating me like i am a baby. he is more understanding and mature than most of my exes!!

Just out of interest, what are your two ages??

28 and 41
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

May 09, 2006
I love the recent Letter to the Editor letters in 7 Days - two people have written in telling about how their husband and wife left them for someone significantly younger. I guess age does make a difference for people hitting middle-age. They want to trade in their old partner for a younger partner. Very sad. Can't people feel young together without having to find someone else younger to help make themselves feel younger?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance