Topic locked
War in IRAN will cause economy in Dubai to drop Sep 17, 2007
Real estate prices will drop.
People will leave.
Businesses will close.

I just cant wait :D

guest999

Re: War in IRAN will cause economy in Dubai to drop Sep 17, 2007
Not_Sure wrote:Real estate prices will drop.
People will leave.
Businesses will close.

People will die.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 17, 2007
Is there oil in Iran too?
yujinn
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 17, 2007
yujinn wrote:Is there oil in Iran too?

No, they only mine pistachios.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 17, 2007
Iran will be destroyed before they can fully establish their nuclear capabilities.

Becoz if they do.....they will make sure everything they dont like is evaporated.

So sureley their enemies are coming to get them before they have thi sooppertunity. (As mentioned in the news)
guest999

Sep 17, 2007
Well, I agree that properties prices will drop, and some people will leave but I doubt that businesses will close. You have to know how the game is played in this part of the world.
Modi777
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 17, 2007
i do not think that they can attack Iran.. if they do the OIL supply will surely be hurt for all oil producers in the GULF...
hey they might be able to drill oil but they still have to take it thru the Srtaight of Hurmuz.. and that is a very shallow straight and Iran has threatened to block it .. and that could be easily done..

No worries... there is not going to be an "IRAN WAR"
netgeek2k2

Re: War in IRAN will cause economy in Dubai to drop Sep 17, 2007
Not_Sure wrote:Real estate prices will drop.
People will leave.
Businesses will close.

are you trying to talk me out of signing my contract with the new company? :roll:

or had too much free time in ur hands :P
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Sep 17, 2007
Iraq / Iran / Pakistan / India / Iraq / Iran / Pakistan / India / Iraq / Iran / Pakistan / India / Iraq / Iran / Pakistan / India / Iraq / Iran / Pakistan / India / Iraq / Iran / Pakistan / India / Iraq / Iran / Pakistan / India / Iraq / Iran / Pakistan / India / Iraq / Iran / Pakistan / India / Iraq / Iran / Pakistan / India / Iraq / Iran / Pakistan / India / Iraq / Iran / Pakistan / India / Iraq / Iran / Pakistan / India / Iraq / Iran / Pakistan / India / Iraq / Iran / Pakistan / India / Iraq / Iran / Pakistan / India /

How many times are we supposed to panic and run away
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 18, 2007
I don't think it will affect anything very much.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 18, 2007
Chocoholic wrote:I don't think it will affect anything very much.

I agree, on the contrary think of how many affluent iranians will flee iran and move to dubai .. so i am gonna say the complete opposite of what you said... property prices will go up ... and business will florish ..

actually if you look back at history dubai has never been affected by the many wars in the region, on the contrary there was always one way or another that the city has made advantage of it.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 18, 2007
it could be a positive for expats as the 'threat' would make Dubai again more of a hardship location and mean more potential dollars in renegotiated packages? just a thought
studstar
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 18, 2007
MaaaD wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:I don't think it will affect anything very much.

I agree, on the contrary think of how many affluent iranians will flee iran and move to dubai .. so i am gonna say the complete opposite of what you said... property prices will go up ... and business will florish ..

actually if you look back at history dubai has never been affected by the many wars in the region, on the contrary there was always one way or another that the city has made advantage of it.

yesssssssssssssss im sure all the iranians who run away from there will come here and pay house rents of 100,000 plus eh? lol....

And all the foreign investors will feel right at home coming here investing while there is was and 90% of the population ,,,ehem...not tot ehir liking u could say......pfff...i shudnt even reply.
guest999

Sep 19, 2007
Not_Sure wrote:yesssssssssssssss im sure all the iranians who run away from there will come here and pay house rents of 100,000 plus eh? lol....

And all the foreign investors will feel right at home coming here investing while there is was and 90% of the population ,,,ehem...not tot ehir liking u could say......pfff...i shudnt even reply.

If you look at the foreign investment numbers you'll see one of the biggest is...Iran. Any war and the clear instability this would bring to the Iranian economy would bring huge amounts of Iranian investment here, you're right it might put off the Americans for a while but they're not what makes Dubai tick (and before anyone says it decoupling from the dollar wouldn't be too much of a problem)

It would be interesting to see if Dubai would accept the migrant flow that a war would bring, my impression is Iran is not hugely liked in the Middle East (if I'm right no other Middle Eastern leader has visited Iran in years) and things could get really ugly if other countries used the opportunities to get their own back on Iran's bullying and threats of violence in the past few years.
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 19, 2007
Not_Sure wrote:Iran will be destroyed before they can fully establish their nuclear capabilities.

That's what Bush et al said over Iraq, and take a look now. I believe it's gonna be even tougher as there are more Iranians (and allies) all over the region and the world.

I wonder how was the impact of the Gulf war in the region?
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 20, 2007
War is not an option at this time, but economic sanction from the international community is more viable.
SCY
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk