Saving Palestinian Children!

Topic locked
Saving Palestinian children! Jun 27, 2010
EU to allocate about $750,000 towards 'Save a Child's Heart' project, which helps fund surgery for Palestinian children, as well as kids from developing nations.

Some 250 children suffering from severe and life-threatening heart defects will be given the opportunity to undergo surgery thanks to the "Save a Child's Heart" project at the Edith Wolfson Medical Center in Holon.

The association, which was founded 15 years ago, has helped fund surgeries for more than 2,400 children – about half of them from the Palestinian Authority and Gaza and the rest from some 40 developing nations, including Iraq, Morocco, Angola and Romania

Funds transferred by the EU will be used to train Palestinian physicians, to operate on Palestinian children with heart problems and to support joint Israeli-Palestinian community activity.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3908597,00.html

Holon is in Israel.

No Arab donations for saving Pali children with heart defects.... :cry: :?

Moments like this makes me proud to be European. :D

Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Saving Palestinian Children! Jun 28, 2010
I was also very proud of the European flotilla that was stormed by the (Middle Eastern) Israeli army who killed 9 Europeans, and which has now resulted in an easing of the siege (one of whose effects was to deny or delay medical treatment).

So I join you in being proud to be a European both for the flotilla and the EU project above.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Saving Palestinian children! Jun 28, 2010
From Haaretz:

Israel seizes oxygen machines donated to PA
06.26.2010 | Haaretz

Seven machines donated by Norwegian agency confiscated en route to PA over chance generators attached could be used for purposes other than medical treatment, Ma’an reports.
Report: Israel seizes oxygen machines donated to PA Seven machines donated by Norwegian agency confiscated en route to PA over chance generators attached could be used for purposes other than medical treatment, Ma’an reports. By Haaretz Service Tags: Israel news Gaza West Bank PA

Israel confiscated seven oxygen machines en route to hospitals in the West Bank and Gaza based on the claim that there was a chance the generators attached to the machines would not be used for medical purposes, Palestinian news agency Ma’an reported Saturday. A Palestinian boy lays in a bed next to a cooling fan in the intensive care unit at the Shifa hospit

A Palestinian boy lays in a bed next to a cooling fan in the intensive care unit at the Shifa hospital in Gaza City.

According to Ma’an, the Ramallah-based health ministry said that the generators, which were donated to the Palestinian Authority by a Norwegian development agency, were seized by Israeli officials despite the fact that only one machine was bound for Gaza.

The generators “came under the category of possible use for non-medical purposes” if they were delivered to southern Gaza, the Palestinian health ministry said in a statement, adding that the six other machines were bound for government hospitals in the northern Gaza, inducing the European Hospital in Gaza City, the Rafdieyah hospital in Nablus, and other facilities in Ramallah and Hebron.

The Ministry of Health appealed to the Norwegian Development Agency, which supplied the machines, and asked that they intervene and demand the release of the equipment at the soonest possible date, Ma’an reported.

“Any delay in obtaining the medical equipment will negatively affect the health of patients,” the statement concluded.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/report-israel-seizes-oxygen-machines-donated-to-pa-1.298385
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

I am sure the Israeli medical institute didn't expect any appreciation (except from the parents of course). Like, I am sure that ISrael doesn't expect any thanks for letting Ahmadi's practising their religion freely, while they have to hide their religion in areas ruled by Hamas and the PA (according to Ahmadi sect leader Ouda).

Also no surprise that a thread about saving sick Palestinian childeren by an Israeli institute , is used to trash Israel. Bashing Israel over the back of sick children. :(
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Hey, if Israel let in medical aid to Gaza freely to help save kids, then there would be no need to trash Israel for it's cruel practices.

If Israel's army didn't kill 9 European activists and that those 9 didn't have to die to lift a cruel siege (a bit), then there would be no need to 'trash Israel'.

Mussolini made the trains run on time.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Come on, is it really that difficult to show some appreciation for the Israeli medical institute saving sick Palestinian children?
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Hey, I routinely quote Israeli sources who speak out against and injustices and do good works for suffering people.

In fact, I specifically said above:

So I join you in being proud to be a European both for the flotilla and the EU project above.

However, just a stopped clock is right twice a day, quoting a future project as if it were representative of the medical aid being given to Palestinians when a cruel siege has done exactly the opposite for the children of Gaza smacks more than a little of cynical propaganda by those presenting it as such. The EU is to be applauded for providing this money, but the fact that it is needed at all should cause us pause for thought.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

The institute is operational for more than ten years now, it is not a future project.

Saving Palestinian children is now considered cynical propoganda I see.

Set the blind hatred aside and appreciate the Israeli medical institute. The parents do! Obviously, because of some ingrained hatred people rather want children to die, instead of them being helped by Israeli's.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

You make a good point. The Israeli institute is indeed doing very good work - and has done so for 15 years. It is good indeed that the Israeli government and EU are donating to it now.

I put the medical institution in the same category of other great Israeli groups.

The cynical propaganda is when their good work is presented as a counter balance to the cruelties of the Israeli government - as highlighted in the Haaretz article above. (Not by the institute, it has to be said)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk