Palestinian Children In Israeli Jail

Topic locked
Palestinian Children in Israeli Jail Oct 07, 2011
I thought this deserved it's own thread and is a carryover from the thread about the Israeli soldier being held prisoner by Hamas and the issue of his treatment.

I found this article interesting. Not only does it address children being imprisoned, but the treatment. It also mentions how one Palestinian prisoner - detained for 33 years because he was "suspected" of being involved in a bombing (not proven, just suspected) and how his sister is not allowed to visit him.

It mentions the 1500 military regulations governing the West Bank and that there are more than 1400 for Gaza, and gives a few examples. It also addresses the imbalance of justice within the Israeli courts.

http://thecepr.org/index.php?option=com ... &Itemid=34

This is an excerpt from the article.

On children in prison:
Of particular concern are the number of Palestinian minors in Israeli jails – 209 as of January 2011, 29 under the age of 16. In March 2011, the Palestinian Ministry of Detainee Affairs published a new report documenting the torture of children as young as seven in Israeli prisons. Between January and March of 2011, Israeli soldiers abducted 150 children and all of them were interrogated during the course of their imprisonment – with many subjected to hitting, psychological abuse and other violence or threat of violence without a parent or adult representative present.

Children are often taken suddenly from their homes, often in the middle of the night, with soldiers surrounding the house and then raiding it. Soldiers usually do not have a warrant for arrest or searches. For example, in July of 2010, an unusually heavy number of Israeli soldiers (in 12 jeeps) entered the outskirts of the village to arrest a local youth, 17 year old Ahmad Abed Al-Fatah Burnat, without giving any reason. Ahmad was taken by jeep to Ofer military prison located outside Ramallah. Prisoners in Ofer, especially young boys, are kept in harsh conditions with the intention of pressuring them to give information about other Palestinians. Many are denied food and water for extended periods of time and exposed to extreme cold or heat.

Inhumane treatment of children is a violation of UN rules for the protection of juveniles and the treatment of prisoners in general, of which Israel is a signatory.

I really can't believe how a decent human being can support this. The same as I can't believe a decent human being would support terrorists. The Palestinians are living in a modern day concentration camp.

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Palestinian Children In Israeli Jail Oct 07, 2011
The kids are kidnapped and held hostage. It is an affront to common decency, let alone UN rules and international law.

B'tselem monitors and reports the number of hostages held by Israel - including the children. Israel calls holding these hostages as 'administrative detention', but B'tselem points out:

Over the years, Israel has administratively detained thousands of Palestinian for prolonged periods of time, without prosecuting them, without informing them of the charges against them, and without allowing them or their attorneys to study the evidence, making a mockery of the protections specified in Israeli and international law to protect the right to liberty and due process, the right of defendants to state their case, and the presumption of innocence.

http://www.btselem.org/topic/administrative_detention

Same page has links to the stats of minors being held by Israel.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

No but one Israeli soldier overshadows all of this. Because we all know Israeli lives are more important and valuable.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Its the people that make the world a terrible place.
ukguy1
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Palestinian Children in Israeli Jail Oct 07, 2011
May be they had been throwing rocks? Not to hurt anyone of course :roll:
Bethsmum

Maybe they were dodging rubber bullets??? :o
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

How do you call parents sending children to the front line? The same I guess you call a child complaining being an orphan after killing its paretnz.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Palestinian Children in Israeli Jail Oct 07, 2011
Do you really think the IDF get together for a team meeting every morning and stick a pin in the map to see who they will go and arrest today?

These are professional soldiers who are highly respected around the world.
They will have targeted any children who they arrest by intelligence gained by whatever means.
You only have to watch footage of the Palestinians throwing rocks etc to see that not all are adults.
If their parents are prepared to let their sons go out and cause trouble, then they should expect to see them arrested.

The Israelis are entitled to take whatever steps are necessary to protect their citizens and let them go about their daily business without fear of attack.
Bethsmum

Don't they live by the word "entitlement"?

How is taking land, destroying homes, withholding the very basics to survive (food and medicine), protect their citizens?

I don't think you read the article BM, otherwise you would see how it came about that children were "detained". No mention of rock throwing.

I don't see how a rock can be considered more deadly than a bullet.

What is Israel going to do as it continues to isolate itself from the rest of the world? What is the US going to do as Israel drags it down?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

BB, you haven't given a refetence for your OP article.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Flying Dutchman wrote:BB, you haven't given a refetence for your OP article.

That will never do!

-- Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:13 pm --

I did read it Bora. An army would not go and round up young kids just for the sake of it. It just wouldn't happen. These men are trained soldiers not just some bandits roaming around in Toyotas.
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:

That will never do!

I did read it Bora. An army would not go and round up young kids just for the sake of it. It just wouldn't happen. These men are trained soldiers not just some bandits roaming around in Toyotas.

I forgot to put up the link.

The only reason they do it is the same reason they do everything else BM. It's always for the good of Israel.

-- Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:19 pm --

Bethsmum wrote:

That will never do!

I forgot to put up the link.

The only reason they do it is the same reason they do everything else BM. It's always for the good of Israel.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Palestinian Children In Israeli Jail Oct 08, 2011
Bethsmum wrote:

That will never do!

Yes quite a professional bunch the IDF. They are capable of a lot more wrong than you give them credit for Polka.

DearJohn
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Palestinian Children in Israeli Jail Oct 08, 2011
Cry for the Jewish kids murdered by Palestinians!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYyZ9pZE ... FD32043FA1
Bethsmum

I now realise why FD is in a tailspin.

The video posted by DJ shows what happens in reality and also exposes the censorship that Israel cynically employs. Bravo to the Israeli media that decided to against the censorship back then.. but alas these things are still going on.

So much for the 'most moral army in the world' spin. That's as believable as an FD post these days.

BM - this is what some Israeli parents encourage their children to do, all for the benefits of the media.

Decent people are disg.usted by these images - fanbois excuse or celebrate.

The adults aren't much better:

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

The video posted by DJ shows

PMSL x2!

Cheers
BM
Bethsmum

You've evidently caught FD and eh's disease. When faced with facts, ignore and deflect.

The fact that you're still in conspiracy mode, makes you quite sad and funny. Aren't you annoyed that herve hasn't come through with the promised evidence?

Anyway, this thread is about Israelis holding children in jail - and exposing the truth about the 'most moral army' not . Try and keep on topic.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:Image

You better make it your avatar or something, since you have posted this numerous times. Parrot and repeat (or should it be drill?) thats the motto of the goon squad ilk.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

I sense the fanboi is not happy ? Wonder why. :D
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:I sense the fanboi is not happy ? Wonder why. :D

Who rattled your cage munchkin?

-- Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:44 pm --

shafique wrote:You've evidently caught FD and eh's disease. When faced with facts, ignore and deflect.

The fact that you're still in conspiracy mode, makes you quite sad and funny. Aren't you annoyed that herve hasn't come through with the promised evidence?

Anyway, this thread is about Israelis holding children in jail - and exposing the truth about the 'most moral army' not . Try and keep on topic.

Cheers,
Shafique

How do you know what Herve and I may, or may not, discuss? Contrary to what you think, you don't know everything :bounce:

You may like to follow your own advice about keeping on topic. I can see you are getting agitated though.

Haha

Cheers
BM
Bethsmum

I'm amused that you think I'm agitated.. I do hope that this is not another one of herve's theories that you've decided to adopt!

Yes FD, I have indeed posted the photo of Israeli children writing on bombs before - but that was in a different thread. Is it not relevant here?

Is your argument really going to be 'but Shafique, the last time I made these points you answered with the same line of argument - that makes you a parrot, surely'?? There's a flaw in that argument.

I never tire of hearing the truth.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

I wish we could say the same about your repetitive posts :blackeye:
Bethsmum

I presume the 'we' refers to loons. We know that loons aren't ok when facts are presented. It's a shame that sometimes the same facts need repeating.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:I presume the 'we' refers to loons. We know that loons aren't ok when facts are presented. It's a shame that sometimes the same facts need repeating.

Cheers,
Shafique

by 'loons' I take it that you mean everyone that doesn't agree with you?
Bethsmum

Nope, just ones that have loon ideas and are allergic to the truth.

See what I mean, every few threads I have to keep repeating the definition of loons to loons. Non-loons don't suffer from this problem. :D

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

THE TRUTH? People who claim to know THE TRUTH are usually very scary, not to mention arrogant! Yikes!
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

I find those who are allergic to the truth to be scarier - and more likely to come out with one-liners instead of tackling the facts when presented.

Just an observation.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

And you know THE TRUTH right, Shafique? And feel obliged to push it down to everybody's throat and to call everybody who protest too much, a loon. :puke:
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

I can recognise and call out cynical misquotes and rogue statistics - but that comes from familiarity with loon tactics. I'm also pretty good at spotting euphemisms too and at spotting spin which distort historical facts.

Loons seem to suffer this complex where they thing everyone is like them. This isn't the case FD - you're projecting yet again.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk