Get Out Of Jail For Free Pass & New Pass To Stay Out Of Jail

Topic locked
Get out of Jail for free pass & new pass to stay out of jail Nov 14, 2012
This is pretty crazy but one can see how far the government is bending over for their own people to keep them happy and rising up against their leadership. They basically said " We have brought you a bunch of foreigners into this country with money, now cheat them and you have cash. Not only that you will be offered the opportunity once out of jail to apply for a certificate that will give you immunity similar to what diplomats are offered so you can not be prosecuted again or jailed again". That's crazy..

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/uae-free ... tID=479258

The interesting part is that they are clearing the debts of the Emiratis but not paying off the debts of those owed money by these Emiratis. There is no mention of what debts the Dewan's Office in Abu-Dhabi has paid off on behalf of these people which were pardoned.

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/uae-pave ... 79271.html

Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Get Out Of Jail For Free Pass & New Pass To Stay Out Of Nov 15, 2012
Having been robbed by the police here, I have a very negative view of the legal system in the UAE.
blueshift
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Get Out Of Jail For Free Pass & New Pass To Stay Out Of Nov 15, 2012
blueshift wrote:Having been robbed by the police here, I have a very negative view of the legal system in the UAE.
Make that "the system". Its not just the police.
They say keep an Arab well-fed and you have full control over him.

"This is pretty crazy but one can see how far the government is bending over for their own people to keep them happy and rising up against their leadership. They basically said " We have brought you a bunch of foreigners into this country with money, now cheat them and you have cash"

When has it ever been any different? Now cheating has been legalized.
Frequentflier
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Get Out Of Jail For Free Pass & New Pass To Stay Out Of Nov 17, 2012
Stylinexpat , as long as you keep paying them they are your frinds the day money stops coming they completely change
bigboss
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Get Out Of Jail For Free Pass & New Pass To Stay Out Of Nov 17, 2012
Stylinexpat, the country never brought you guys to work in UAE , you have workedout your career life to end up here. the UAE citizens who will be released to work and pay off thier debts. This government announcement is a genetic one in the artical, but when you break it down you will know that actually any country would have done the same.

for instance , if the man remains in Jail for a bounce cheque there is no benifit niether the bank is going to take his money back, however when you release the man and give him a free crime certificate so he could work and pay back the loan.

in your statement , the UAE is pending the rules for its people is an incorrect analyses and the UAE will never rise against its leaders, the reason I am saying this because UAE citizens love thier leaders to death, to clear any doubt wait until the national day and see whats the majority are chanting about.

here is my comment on " keep an Arab well-fed and you have full control over him " aint that applicable on everyone not only the arab ? you arab hater
mesheditor
Dubai Forums Talker

Re: Get Out Of Jail For Free Pass & New Pass To Stay Out Of Nov 18, 2012
I've never heard any Emirati utter a word against their leaders any why would they? Their leaders look after them. I think that's great. If they want to treat their own citizens differently than foreigners then so be it. It's their country. Good luck to them. I wish my government favoured me a bit more. I often feel second class in my own country.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

mesheditor wrote:here is my comment on " keep an Arab well-fed and you have full control over him " aint that applicable on everyone not only the arab ? you arab hater
Hey! I am no Arab hater :roll: :drunken:
I got that saying from a UAE Local; albeit he was of Iranian descent.

The full saying went something like this: "Fatten an Arab; and starve a Persian........". I thought that was clever. Looks like you agree with it.

Of course you love your leaders (but dont, please, love them to death! :D ). If you didnt you wouldn't be in the UAE. You dont have a choice. You would be in exile! And where would that land you? The Commorros? With no skills set, its hard to make a living in the outside world.

As for telling the expats: no one asked you to come here.
I've heard that one before. Thats standard fare for Dubai. One only has to work and live there for about 2 years in order to understand the terror of that kind of mind set. I've seen that being said to people who've worked there for the best part of their working lives: 20 or even 30 years. Tut tut not very good, nor civilized.

What! Have one set of rules for the Locals and a different more stringent and unfair rules for the expats?? All in the name of taking care of your kind in your own country?? :shock: Thats more than racist, thats tribal!! Dont care for people from some different tribe, just sweep them away when not needed? Not good.

A cousin of mine taught me to play Poker, then layed down her own rules, so that she won no matter what kind of hand she got! Kind of put me off poker for life :D
The rules keep changing in the UAE, just to favour the locals.
The population of the UAE is in the ratio of 70:30. The 70% expats are not there for a holiday! 80% of those expats live in terror of being "terminated", and the 20% are hand in glove with the Locals in scams.
Having said all that, I think the UAE has done well and done well for the region. Many people have made their fortunes, but for every success, there are 10 failures! I know many people who have lost the shirts off their backs. Many because of poor business planning etc., but quite a lot have been scammed by the Locals and they did not have any recourse to any court of law.
The truth is unpalatable, and also dangerous. People have lost their lives for telling the truth. Thats not something new. Socrates was tried and convicted and executed by his own Government. His crime? He was corrupting the youth! When all he was doing was educating and informing them!
Sad story.
Lets hope that things will improve for Dubai and the UAE in general.
Frequentflier
Dubai forums Addict

Another prejudiced topic about Emiratis. What rules are different for locals?
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nucleus wrote:What rules are different for locals?
On this forum you are well known for taking a stand on issues that are totally wrong . Like calling night, day.

I just hope you dont get into a dispute with a Local who has some clout in the UAE (like a minor VIB). You'll be singing a different song then :D
Frequentflier
Dubai forums Addict

All I've seen is selective incidents to stereotype locals. Take for example the topic and initial post which is out of context and gross misrepresentation even what the linked article says. Emirati are going to be released for bounced cheques which is related to UAE's national day. First, over last few years it is not just Emiratis, foreigners were also released that were jailed for bounced cheques if you were following the local news.

Second, this is not get of jail for free pass, these people still have to pay their debts.

Stylinexpat wrote:The interesting part is that they are clearing the debts of the Emiratis but not paying off the debts of those owed money by these Emiratis.

President did gave 5m dhs to settle the debts. It is not much but it will clear some small debts.

Stylinexpat wrote:There is no mention of what debts the Dewan's Office in Abu-Dhabi has paid off on behalf of these people which were pardoned.

Right like they will publish minuscule details of each debt settlement from the fund.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Get Out Of Jail For Free Pass & New Pass To Stay Out Of Nov 21, 2012
Frequentifier, seriously you are a bit out of proportion and sounded more racist that those you mentioned above. I work in a company that consists of 98% expats and 2% locals, note that this is in UAE. Imagine this is happening anywhere else in the world, the UAE spammers are mostly scumbags from EU and Asia, those are considered criminals in thier homes . When people come here to work and get thier money stolen they don't bother following the judicial processes hence they end up as you discriped. UAE citizens are people with golden hearts , the rules apply on everyone equally, I know some expat colleagues of mine ride better cars that the majority of locals yet I pray that they even get more.

What really hurts is that when you discribed locals with different nagitive discribtions based on actions of few of the filthy ones.
I love the rulers not because I am forced to, love cannot be enforced upon anyone, as they cannot withrow my citizenship unless I am not originally from the country, those lost thier citizenships are scumbags from Iran. They earned it illegally and now they are out and they will never get it back.
mesheditor
Dubai Forums Talker

I, too, find it tiresome that many people bad mouth the locals.
When I was in Dubai recently I went out for Friday breakfast with my local friend. I didn't eat all of my breakfast. My friend asked why and I said I'd had enough. He then asked the waiter to bag it up with some extra bread and when we were leaving the cafe, he walked over to the street cleaner and handed him the bag and some money. I thought that was a lovely gesture.
It wasn't the only time I saw this sort of thing. I was sitting watching all the nice cars go past one evening when one stopped. A young local man got out and gave the street cleaner, not the same one, some money, for no Apparantly money.
You wouldn't see that in the UK. Probably cause we don't have street cleaners!
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Thanks MPreformed , we need to live together.
mesheditor
Dubai Forums Talker

mesheditor ,50 years ago this was iran
bigboss
Dubai Forums Member

mesheditor wrote:Thanks MPreformed , we need to live together.

:D it's BM, not MP. That made me laugh.

Laughing can relieve a lot of stress!
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

mesheditor ,

Hello my friend.

I am sorry if I hurt your feelings. That was certainly not my intention.
And I assure you, I am not racist at all.

Consider your own statement:
mesheditor wrote:I work in a company that consists of 98% expats and 2% locals, note that this is in UAE. Imagine this is happening anywhere else in the world
Have you ever considered that this might be because there are no Locals to replace those 98%? This is what I meant when I said that expats do valuable work for your country.
And I congratulate you on being part of that Company. You must be bright and can hold your own against the others.

And consider this statement of yours:
mesheditor wrote:the rules apply on everyone equally, I know some expat colleagues of mine ride better cars that the majority of locals yet I pray that they even get more.
The very fact that you had to mention this means that you might have some slight resentment?

But despite everything, I wish the UAE well for all that it has done and is still doing for the region; a region heaped in turmoil, corrupt Governments, and the resulting poverty. I always say it is a beacon of hope for the poor. Of course, the credit goes to your leaders for adopting the right policies, one of which is to realize that they cant do it all on their own!

As for the poster above who says her Local friend gave the breakfast left-overs of some 5 (or 7??) star Hotel to a poor street cleaner. This is all so so common in the Middle East and the whole of that region. I am guilty of having done so myself in the past. "I absolve myself of my duty to Allah. I've done my bit for the boor :D ".
But I dont do it any more. I'd rather do something more sustainable and long term. Its so demeaning for a human being, and what difference does it make if someone, who is not even used to it, eats one meal of leftovers from an extravagant hotel??
Frequentflier
Dubai forums Addict

It wasn't a whatever star hotel FF. it was a simple cafe and we sat at a table on the sidewalk.
Do stop being so bitter and twisted.
I thought it was a very nice gesture and so did the street cleaner.
My local friend has the manners of a gentleman unlike so many people one comes across these days.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: Get Out Of Jail For Free Pass & New Pass To Stay Out Of Nov 22, 2012
BMreformed wrote:Do stop being so bitter and twisted.
Could you be so kind as to point out this "so twisted and bitter" part to me?
BMreformed wrote:My local friend has the manners of a gentleman unlike so many people one comes across these days.
Well I agree that kind of gentlemen (and ladies for that matter!) are so very rare in this day and age. You better stick to him like glue and dont ever lose him :D
Frequentflier
Dubai forums Addict

Frequentflier wrote:And I assure you, I am not racist at all.

Yeah. Right.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Haha I was typing by my iPhone so couldn't scroll up to confirm your nickname haha cheers

--- Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:18 pm ---

Frequenter, no you didnt actually hurt my feelings but thanks for saying that. As for your comment that I got some kind of slight resentment, I assure you that I don't, but looking else where i don't see forieners living a better life than the locals. And to comment quickly on the notion that there might be no replacement for the 98% , there is a replacement somehow, but it will take a lOng time to happen. The current expats done an amazing job and locals do appreciate that, but remember that those who worked here are getting paid for every little work they do.

Remember that we share a common goal and that is to live together.

--- Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:29 pm ---

One more thing to say, I have note that there is a little of a sarcasm tone in your posts, you know what we call those who actually take everyone's feelings for a joke ? We call them ignorants. I hope that you not One of them . Thanks
mesheditor
Dubai Forums Talker

Re: Get Out Of Jail For Free Pass & New Pass To Stay Out Of Nov 23, 2012
mesheditor wrote:One more thing to say, I have note that there is a little of a sarcasm tone in your posts, you know what we call those who actually take everyone's feelings for a joke ? We call them ignorants. I hope that you not One of them . Thanks

How very perceptive of you! I often find sarcasm goes over the head when English isn't your first language. Yes, our friend FF has a touch of sarcasm in his posts. You aren't as silly as he thinks you are, are you?

Good luck to Dubai. It's not perfect, but where is?
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

I think you jumped the gun there a bit BM. For example
BMreformed wrote:You aren't as silly as he thinks you are, are you?
How do you know what I am thinking? I definitely do not think Mesheditor to be silly!! And I never said he is silly, in fact I told him that he must be rather intelligent to be working, most likely, in a private firm whose 98% employees are hard working expats!

And:
BMreformed wrote:How very perceptive of you!
Perceptive, yes. Its not that difficult to note the sarcasm in my post, which was in response to yours. However, Mesheditor has been extremely judgemental, you will have to agree. I have been called from Arab hater to now an ignoramus! When he knows absolutely nothing about me!!! Dont you think that is judgemental? And therein lies the problem with the UAE and the Locals!!

To Mesheditor I would say dont be so sensitive to criticism, my friend. Criticism sometimes can be constructive and beneficial.
And yes, Good Luck Dubai!!
Frequentflier
Dubai forums Addict

He might not know you but he's nailed it.
Arab hater and ignoramus. I couldn't have put it better myself.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

BMreformed:

Well done; I didnt expect this from you!
You should not have a premium on insulting people. Bora, Shafique, now me.
You are quite thick yourself. I know why you have such a soft corner for the Emiratis. Thats your holiday destination isnt it? Otherwise you are a Muslim hater and pro-Israel, and spewing out your hatred all over DF. One just has to go to the politics section of this site to see the hatred that you have inside of you. You are quite poisonous. You have single handedly destroyed this site. Well done again!
Frequentflier
Dubai forums Addict

Jumping on the bandwagon again FF?

Quite pathetic.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

I think if there is anything pathetic here its you. There is no bandwagon for me. I dont beleive in bandwagons like you do. I just tried to give you my support. And look where that has landed me.
Frequentflier
Dubai forums Addict

You're scraping the barrel when you start copying Chocs FF.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

--- Nov 23, 2012 ---

Calling someone a Muslim hater is giving your support?
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Goodbye BM. You are not really reformed are you? That laughter is a bit misplaced. I would suggest you go back to the politics section and do a bit more Arab and Muslim bashing, and support for Israel.
Frequentflier
Dubai forums Addict

You started it FF. I was voicing my support of the Emiratis and it, quite clearly, got up your nose.

I'm quite free to voice my support for the Israelis. There is no law against it.
I don't judge people by their religion.

I like the Emiratis and the Israelis equally. That's something that people like you can't understand.

--- Nov 23, 2012 ---

Btw. We are in the politics section.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Frequentflier wrote:Mesheditor has been extremely judgemental
erm, pot is calling the kettle black hahaha! Seriously, you need to review your recent posts.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk