Life In Iran

Topic locked
Life in Iran Jun 16, 2010
You see Mel all these women of iran, skiing, playing golf, running etc..get banned, fined and jailed quite like you make it, don't you think?..
and all these women in tight modern dresses visiting art galaries get caught, arrested, fined and jailed...
http://photosforpeace.com/node/212

-- Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:26 am --

Beautiful Iran...
http://persia1.wordpress.com/2008/06/11 ... an-photos/

Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Life in Iran Jun 16, 2010
Get over it you moron! I said this is the new rules, not laughing, not nail polish, not tanned... besides even with the rules we do all of them and we try to avoid the polices so we wont got arrested! If u think I walk around with tight scarf and lousy dresses u are so wrong! but sometimes we are not lucky and there would be jail!

These rules sometimes get harsher and sometimes get easier, and now is the harsh time!

Of course if the police was there, they would got arrested and fined! my last job was in the building which 3 first floors were stores, so there always were police at the front door. but they are still some places which are safe!

what is ur problem with it? as u totally agree with interferring others personal looks and lives, because that might turns u on and u can not control urself.
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Ooo I see,..now it's the new rule is it? noticed you're getting annoyed...goooooddd..

Women walking in Esfahan...
http://www.pbase.com/dflynch/image/102224326

Women in Shiraz..
http://www.pbase.com/dflynch/image/83026089

Iranian cool- Tehran
http://www.pbase.com/dflynch/image/83930577

more women from Esfahan
http://www.pbase.com/dflynch/image/84745526

-- Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:09 am --

haa haa.. more for the fantasies of Mel, daily photos coming live from Tehran June 2010..
Women enjoy rollerscating, visiting exhibitions, taking part in orchestra etc...all dressed modern..
All get caught, all get arrested, fined and jailed for likings of Mel.
http://tehranlive.org/
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Life In Iran Jun 16, 2010
Berrin, perhaps all those photos were staged in Pallywood too? ;)

Mel - over to you.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Phewww, you are too stupid to have a coherent arguement with, look at below:

Ooo I see,..now it's the new rule is it?

Why dont u just come in and support ahmadinejad? I mean u can join th new police, they are new police here which gives fine to women if:

I have nothing new to say, as u are stupidy parroting urself, so the answer is the same for u:

besides even with the rules we do all of them and we try to avoid the polices so we wont got arrested! If u think I walk around with tight scarf and lousy dresses u are so wrong! but sometimes we are not lucky and there would be jail!

These rules sometimes get harsher and sometimes get easier, and now is the harsh time!

Of course if the police was there, they would got arrested and fined! my last job was in the building which 3 first floors were stores, so there always were police at the front door. but they are still some places which are safe!

what is ur problem with it? as u totally agree with interferring others personal looks and lives, because that might turns u on and u can not control urself.
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Damn that's a beautiful place. Sad that its ruined by idiots running the place. Pretty much the same story in a lot of places.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

More BEAAUUUTIFFFUULL pictures from daily life in Iran....
DD sccchhhhh... the idiots haven't ruined the place..they constructing it despite all the odds and embargoes come from the west...
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=163334
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Berrin you have to nut sack or was that case to support the Iranian govt. Yes the people are resilient but are in the mess because of their govt. It has potential to be a major player in the region and world but yet the govt isolates itself.
desertdudeshj

Yeah Mr.Idiot thinks I dont know what amazing,beautiful,culturaly rich country I live in and how much I love my country!
Hey Berrin if u love the govt so much I suggest u to invite them to ur own country and ruin all over the place (ur style!)!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

desertdudeshj wrote:Berrin you have to nut sack or was that case to support the Iranian govt. Yes the people are resilient but are in the mess because of their govt. It has potential to be a major player in the region and world but yet the govt isolates itself.

Yes the people are resilient and in mess NOT becouse of their goverment but becouse of messing about comes from the west'..threats,sanctions, oppression and propaganda..
You think that any muslim country is allowed to behave democratic?..No, absolutely no..cause that's the way they want to see them and that's the way how they can continue to control and mess about with them..It will continue the same way until all muslim goverments give up and hand their management over to the play and interferance of the western administrations.
Please take a look and read the thread ..Iran was a democracy before we took it a way...

So I can understand why a courageous regimes as Iran and Turkey can stand up against the bullshit comes from the west..Of course the west will not keep silent if regimes resist against them in such muslim states.. What they will do instead?..Employ their secret services to cooperate with opposition and engage itself in riots, uprise amongst the opposition supporters in the name of democracy and human rights...All for total bullshit and nonsense again..
Cause muslim countries also have their own intellegence, secret services reporting..If they notice western influence then they in return start suppression of their own poeple, limiting their citizens rights in order to have better control over the activities of their citizens.. That's simply what's happening in Iran..
The iranians will only win if their support their goverment, love their country and its people regardless of what the propaganda says in the west.. Once the nation unites then the real change for human rights will happen, becouse only than the west will realise that they can no longer mess about with the people of Iran therefore win it all..
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Guess what berrin, I didn't read any of that sh!t, save for the the first line, when like all loosers you opened with that everything wrong with you/world/country/region is because of the west. Shut up, stand up and take responsibilty for your own mess and stop blaming the steaming pile of sh!t your standing in is the one the west came an shat on you.

Yes the "west" is notsaint but I'm sick of this constant moaning from almost everyone and playing the blame game. Why is the water pressure low today....MUST BE THE AMERICANS !
desertdudeshj

Yes the people are resilient and in mess NOT becouse of their goverment but becouse of messing about comes from the west'..threats,sanctions, oppression and propaganda..
You think that any muslim country is allowed to behave democratic?..No, absolutely no..cause that's the way they want to see them and that's the way how they can continue to control and mess about with them..It will continue the same way until all muslim goverments give up and hand their management over to the play and interferance of the western administrations.
Please take a look and read the thread ..Iran was a democracy before we took it a way...

So I can understand why a courageous regimes as Iran and Turkey can stand up against the bullshit comes from the west..Of course the west will not keep silent if regimes resist against them in such muslim states.. What they will do instead?..Employ their secret services to cooperate with opposition and engage itself in riots, uprise amongst the opposition supporters in the name of democracy and human rights...All for total bullshit and nonsense again..
Cause muslim countries also have their own intellegence, secret services reporting..If they notice western influence then they in return start suppression of their own poeple, limiting their citizens rights in order to have better control over the activities of their citizens.. That's simply what's happening in Iran..
The iranians will only win if their support their goverment, love their country and its people regardless of what the propaganda says in the west.. Once the nation unites then the real change for human rights will happen, becouse only than the west will realise that they can no longer mess about with the people of Iran therefore win it all..

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The post above, totally reminds me of ideology texts they made us to read in in school!

Basiji propaganda!

The only reason the government kills people inside the country and defends ur beloved Palestine and Lebonan is they know they can not survive in a fair, democratic and systematic country based on SCINECE and knowledge! They need terrorism to defend themselves! What do they know about running a country as They are all educated in Qom ( the most religious city in Iran,which is the most origin of mullahs)!

You can not understand that we don’t want US here! We want mullahs out! Enough said!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

DD please don't waste your energy here in my thread called Life in Iran...
You can puke anything you want here under this thread which would deserve everthing gets from like minded people..
dubai-politics-talk/iran-had-democracy-before-took-away-t42255.html
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

The Shah was pretty brutal, but was the darling of the West. The Mullahs also seem pretty brutal, but are pariahs to the West.

Ergo - it must be a Persian thing. ;)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

brutality of shah was nothing copmared to the brutality of mullahs!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

But he was still brutal and was overthrown by his own people because of his brutality.

(And let's not forget that the Brits put him on the throne when his father refused to play ball, and he played along when the democratically elected Mosadec was deposed for wanting to use Iranian oil for Iranians. ;) )

;)

But hey, life in Iran certainly looks free-er than in Saudi Arabia, and a whole lot safer than Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Krygystan... !

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

The things I have heard of my parents and other friends who has actually lived in Shah's period and mullahs period in Iran (which u didnt, u just read ur Islamic books) says that shah was strict to run the country.

anyway, I m not a supporter of Shah, I just know my people were happier, welathier, and safer back then. If Brtis took the oil, my people were free ,there was no restrictions, and people were not financilay miserable in that time! now we are giving the money and weapons to hamas and Gaza, and people getting poorer and poorer everyday. Everybody leaving the country, I can say 80 percent of my university classmates live in US and Cananda now! (they have f1 visa, they don't dare to leave US because they might not get the visa to enter again!)

ok so life in Iran might be better than SA, what s the point? we should stay in home and praise the Government? we wont stop until we get what we deserved, that s the persian thing!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

melika969 wrote:Everybody leaving the country, I can say 80 percent of my university classmates live in US and Cananda now! (they have f1 visa, they don't dare to leave US because they might not get the visa to enter again!)

From your speech I made a conclusion that your classmates got rather competitive high education as they can earn money in US and absolutely free. I just wonder why Iranian government doesn't force those kind Moslems to return the tax-payer's money back as they don't work for local economy what they were educated for.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

I just wonder why Iranian government doesn't force those kind Moslems to return the tax-payer's money back as they don't work for local economy what they were educated for.

Actually if we want to leave the country we have to pay for the free education we received, Donno how much u are familiar with education system here. There is two type education, one is for free, it has a very tight entrance exam and everybody tries to get in those universities, but it is really difficult, like when I had the exam 400,000 applicants were competeing and my university (Sharif university) just accepted 1000. the applicants who can not get into this education system they have to pay and participate in the other type of universities, which are not very reputable. like my last company would not hire from those grduates. Anyway so there is a rule, if we want to leave the country we have to pay for the free education we recieved and they will give us the degree. without that money the ydont give us the degree, just a certificate which we can use only in Iran.
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

He-he,
The rule and real practice are different sometimes.... How much did your 80% class-mates realy pay for free education?
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Don't worry too much Mel - looking to the future, it looks like China and Russia may be coming to your economic rescue:

Iran sanctions cripple the UN
06.12.2010 | Al Jazeera
By Massoud Parsi

After six months of intense US and Israeli lobbying, the UN Security Council has voted for a new round of sanctions against Iran.

But most commentators agree that Resolution 1929 is so watered down - as a result of Chinese and Russian efforts - that it will have little or no impact on Iran’s nuclear energy programme or Iranian trade and economic development.

Iran has lived with similar sanctions for more than three decades and with none of the country’s key economic sectors targeted by the new sanctions - and many provisions in the new resolution voluntary rather than mandatory - there is no reason to believe that Iran will face any serious hardship now.

The timing of this latest round of sanctions - coming a few days before the first anniversary of Iran’s controversial presidential elections and a few weeks after what was hailed by many as a landmark nuclear fuel swap deal between Turkey, Brazil and Iran - raises many questions.

Key among these is why did the Americans reject Iran’s fuel swap offer and how could such toothless sanctions be considered a step in the right direction?

Undermined and delegitimised

The only feasible rationale for imposing further sanctions in the face of Iran’s obvious willingness to negotiate must be found not in any wish to reduce the threat posed by nuclear weapons, but instead in the geopolitical interests of a few power-hungry countries - and their allies and client states - who possess an undemocratic veto power in the UN.

The UN, it appears, does not desire a nuclear-free Middle East.

After the Iraq and Afghanistan debacles, such actions by the UN Security Council only serve to further delegitimise the UN and to undermine its charter.

While the first round of sanctions against Iran were unanimously adopted, this latest round - the fourth in as many years - was called “a mistake” by Turkey and Brazil, who voted against the motion, while Lebanon abstained - pointing to the clear lack of consensus within the council.

Glaring contradictions

The senseless nature of the situation was immediately obvious as statements emerged from various quarters.

On the one hand there were the Chinese who argued for negotiations as the best way forward both before and after voting in favour of further sanctions.

This stance may have been intended as a clever public relations exercise, but its inherent contradiction is glaring.

China has gained a far greater share of Iran’s trade and investment opportunities over the past decade and has managed to further boost her opportunities by taking the West for a “voluntary sanctions” ride that is destined to further isolate the latter from Iran’s market.

There are several emerging markets and technological alternatives in the new post-financial crisis world economic order.

While Iran certainly does not need greater economic cooperation with the West, the latter’s insistence on limiting their own trade opportunities with one of the world’s largest economies - and one that owns vast amounts of natural gas and oil - is quite baffling.

It does, however, make good sense to Chinese strategists.

Shrewd geopolitical game

Russia too has played its geopolitical game shrewdly. Iran’s huge gas reserves threaten Russia’s dominance in supplying Europe and others. Further “voluntary sanctions” by the latter help to maintain Russia’s improving position.

Furthermore, closer collaboration between Iran and the US would reduce the Americans’ losses in Iraq and Afghanistan, and reduce Russia’s influence. Russia would much rather keep Iran and the US at each other’s throats.

It is for this reason that Russia can vote for sanctions ostensibly designed to limit Iran’s nuclear capabilities, while at the same time planning to open a new nuclear power station in Iran in August.

Russia is also talking about helping to build new nuclear sites in Iran, and even reserves the right to supply Iran with the kind of weapons that would effectively defend Iran’s nuclear installations against any foreign attack.

All of these “exemptions” were included in a UN resolution allegedly aimed at reducing Iran’s nuclear capabilities.

So a geopolitical game looks set to continue with comical consequences.

‘Nuclear apartheid’

With nothing offered in return for its willingness to negotiate, Iran has no incentive to return to nuclear talks.

With limited options left for talks with Iran, the US will continue to limp along in the Middle East, stuck in quagmires and spending beyond its means while anti-American sentiments are further boosted in the region.

At the same time, the Europeans decline in economic terms and global influence, while the Chinese and Russians continue to rise.

Add to this a shameless display of what may be described as “nuclear apartheid” by the nuclear-armed culprits at the direct expense of the non-proliferation agenda.

After decades of aimless talks, the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) recently managed to put Israel’s known illegal nuclear weapons on the agenda.

But what hope can the world really have for a serious debate when it is only Iran – which has no nuclear weapons and which has endured more than 4,000 invasive IAEA inspections to date – that faces sanctions?

It is hard to fathom what real long-term benefits the US is hoping to gain from its obstructionism and exceptionalism when it comes to the nuclear debate.

Perhaps the US administration imagined that by pressing for more sanctions just before the June 12 anniversary, it may undermine the Iranian regime.

But the Iranian opposition’s position on the nuclear issue is no less determined. And no Iranian group can hope to gain power by challenging the Iranian government on the basis of foreign dictates. To imagine otherwise is to misunderstand Iranians.

In fact, and despite the rhetoric, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the Iranian president, has turned out to be the most willing partner for rapprochement with the US in a long time.

He has made several gestures, starting with a congratulatory letter to Barack Obama, the US president, upon his election, and a daring proposal for a nuclear fuel swap deal that was largely in line with a proposal made by the UN six months earlier.

But Obama has responded with New Year messages to the Iranian people and sanctions against their economy.

On no known occasion has the current - or previous - US administration made any direct approach to the Iranian leaders for talks. Quite the opposite: Whether it is the nuclear issue or Middle East affairs, Iran has been pointedly excluded from the list of invitees.

Irrelevant and biased

So, with the negotiations door firmly shut by the West, Iran has little option but to turn its back on the UN’s nuclear apartheid policies, and to continue to build its economy and strategic relations with the countries of the South, while those of the North continue to isolate themselves.

To the great majority of the people of Iran and the wider world, the UN Security Council is growing increasingly irrelevant and biased.

The US’ games have in effect crippled the UN.

Perhaps this is one of those hidden aims too, not just to elevate the US position versus the UN, but also to ensure that US allies never face the consequences of their excesses, including those on the nuclear issue.

Massoud Parsi is a development economist and commentator on Iranian affairs.
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

He-he,
The rule and real practice are different sometimes.... How much did your 80% class-mates realy pay for free education?

To enter a university in US or Canada for higher education, or getting a job there, my friends need to give them their translated degree. and they have to pay for that. the fee is not high actually, around 1200,300 USD.

-- Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:52 pm --

Don't worry too much Mel - looking to the future, it looks like China and Russia may be coming to your economic rescue:

Of course I didnt read that long article, but I must say we are not looking forward to anything with the Religious government!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

melika969 wrote:Of course I didnt read that long article, but I must say we are not looking forward to anything with the Religious government!

But the Chinese and Russians are - so you may be stuck with them for a while longer dear Mel. :(
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

melika969 wrote:To enter a university in US or Canada for higher education, or getting a job there, my friends need to give them their translated degree. and they have to pay for that. the fee is not high actually, around 1200,300 USD.

I don't understand what amount (1200,300 USD) you are talking about but if it's something like USD 1200 it's definitely not a full amount, which government had spent for 5-6 years education in high-class university of thechnology even in Iran.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

^^ hihihi, ok I meant around 1200 USD! yeah it s not full amount but what to do? they can not go to US and ask for more money
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Hey Mel, I read somewhere that some Iranian women are blonde. Can you confirm? ;)
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

melika969 wrote:^^ hihihi, ok I meant around 1200 USD! yeah it s not full amount but what to do? they can not go to US and ask for more money

I mean that you don't tell all truth about life in Iran drawing it only in black paint. :wink:
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

^^^^Ask ur questions and I will tell the truth. I never hide the TRUTH! The new rules in Iran and the new police is true, free education is true too, which as I said u should pass a very tight exam to get it. otherwise u have to pay and get the education.

shafique wrote:Hey Mel, I read somewhere that some Iranian women are blonde. Can you confirm?

yes!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Life in Iran Jun 19, 2010
melika969 wrote:
shafique wrote:Hey Mel, I read somewhere that some Iranian women are blonde. Can you confirm?

yes!

Hahahaha someone missed the sarcasm :laughing6:
symmetric
BANNED

Re: Life in Iran Jun 19, 2010
Kooft!
Are u going to start attaking me again? Because for sure that was not missed!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk