Jihad Jane's Arrest Raises Fears About Homegrown Terrorists

Topic locked
Jihad Jane's Arrest Raises Fears About Homegrown Terrorists Mar 10, 2010
I'm not personally buying this story. Either this is entirely fabricated by Fox News or this female convert to Islam was planning on carrying out acts of terrorism because of Israel's occupation of the West Bank, not because some guy in Sweden drew a cartoon of prophet Muhammad.

The arrest of a suburban Pennsylvania woman known by the alias Jihad Jane, who allegedly plotted with Islamic radicals abroad to kill a Swedish cartoonist, has raised fears about homegrown terrorists in the United States who may be difficult to spot.

"This woman might as well have advertised in the Washington Post," former White House counterterrorism official and ABC News consultant Richard Clarke said on "Good Morning America" today. "It was easy for the FBI to find her, but there are other people who are much more covert."

"There will likely be more attacks," Clarke said. "Hopefully, they will be small, and hopefully, we can catch them early."

Colleen R. LaRose, 46, of Montgomery, Pa., was arrested in October 2009 and charged with trying to recruit Islamic fighters and plotting to assassinate a Swedish cartoonist who made fun of prophet Mohammed, according to a federal indictment unsealed Tuesday.

The FBI had kept the case secret while it looked for more suspects in the United States and abroad. The case was made public after seven men were arrested in Ireland this week, suspected of plotting to kill the Swedish cartoonist.

LaRose's case is rare, Clark said, but it shows the capability of international dissident groups to reach out to Americans via the Internet.

Dissident groups

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Politics/jiha ... d=10056187

event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Jihad Jane's Arrest Raises Fears About Homegrown Terrorists Mar 10, 2010

Irish police have arrested seven Muslims suspected of conspiracy to murder over a plot to kill Lars Vilks, a Swedish cartoonist, who drew the Prophet Muhammad with the body of a dog.

The four men and three women were detained in the counties of Cork and Waterford as part of an international probe into the alleged plan.

The police said that they had been working closely with law enforcement agencies in the United States and in a number of European countries over the plot.

"The operation ... is part of an investigation into a conspiracy to commit a serious offence [namely, conspiracy to murder an individual in another jurisdiction]," the police said in a statement.

Al-Qaeda put a $100,000 bounty on Vilks' head after he drew the cartoon, which was published in Nerikes Allehanda, a Swedish newspaper, on August 18, 2007.

Those arrested ranged in age from mid-20s to late-40s and were being detained at Waterford, Tramore, Dungarvan and Thomastown police stations.

Two police officers close to the investigation told the AP news agency that they were foreign-born Irish residents, mostly from Yemen and Morocco.

Under Irish law they could be interrogated for up to a week before being charged or released.

'Jihad Jane'

US authorities separately charged an American woman known as "Jihad Jane" with conspiring to kill Vilks.

The justice department announced the indictment on Tuesday against Colleen LaRose, who was arrested in October 2009, just hours after the Irish arrests.

Responding to Tuesday's developments, Vilks, who now lives under police protection, said he was unfazed.

"I'm not shaking with fear, exactly," he told TT, a Swedish news agency.

"I have prepared in different ways and I have an axe here in case someone should manage to get in through the window."

Threatening calls

Vilks said he had received threatening phone calls from Somalia at the beginning of the year and that Saepo, the Swedish security police, had since advised him there was a heightened threat level against him.

"But I didn't think it was that serious," he told TT.

Mattias Lindholm, a Saepo spokesman, said: "Right now we are in continuous touch with the authorities involved, including our Irish counterparts."

Lindholm refused to comment on the threats against Vilks or on Saepo's actions to protect him.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/europ ... 61451.html
event horizon

Re: Jihad Jane's Arrest Raises Fears About Homegrown Terrorists Mar 10, 2010
Lot of nutjobs in America, so I'm not surprised they caught one like Hi Ha Jane. :D
RobbyG

Re: Jihad Jane's Arrest Raises Fears About Homegrown Terrorists Mar 11, 2010
RobbyG wrote:Lot of nutjobs in America, so I'm not surprised they caught one like Hi Ha Jane. :D

Oh, and there aren't any in Holland??

FYI there is - he posts on DF. :lol: and is voting for Wilder. :roll:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:
RobbyG wrote:Lot of nutjobs in America, so I'm not surprised they caught one like Hi Ha Jane. :D

And just WHAT IS WRONG ABOUT Mr WILDER?
chevaliers-de-sion
Dubai forums Addict

chevaliers-de-sion wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

And just WHAT IS WRONG ABOUT Mr WILDER?

Of course your wouldn't be able to see what is wrong with him since you are like-minded.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

And just WHAT IS WRONG ABOUT Mr WILDER?[/quote]

Of course your wouldn't be able to see what is wrong with him since you are like-minded.[/quote][/quote]

So what you are trying to say is Great mind think alike :D
chevaliers-de-sion
Dubai forums Addict

chevaliers-de-sion wrote:
So what you are trying to say is Great mind think alike :D

Well, we sure have more than a crumb. I think I agree on this one :mrgreen:
RobbyG

Re: Jihad Jane's Arrest Raises Fears About Homegrown Terrorists Mar 12, 2010
It's definitely frightening. There isn't a day that goes by without Christian terrorists blowing themselves up in Iraq or Pakistan or a report in the media of a cell of Christian terrorists who were swept for plotting to blow something up.
event horizon

chevaliers-de-sion wrote:And just WHAT IS WRONG ABOUT Mr WILDER?

Of course your wouldn't be able to see what is wrong with him since you are like-minded.[/quote][/quote]

So what you are trying to say is Great mind think alike :D[/quote]

Not exactly. More like you are both g.a.y.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:
chevaliers-de-sion wrote:And just WHAT IS WRONG ABOUT Mr WILDER?

Of course your wouldn't be able to see what is wrong with him since you are like-minded.
[/quote]

So what you are trying to say is Great mind think alike :D[/quote]

Not exactly. More like you are both g.a.y.[/quote]

well Iam quite sure Mr Wilder will love to meet you and your cross dressing friends because "Dudai" if known in the free world as the G*A*Y eest place in the third world :D
chevaliers-de-sion
Dubai forums Addict

chevaliers-de-sion wrote:well Iam quite sure Mr Wilder will love to meet you and your cross dressing friends because "Dudai" if known in the free world as the G*A*Y eest place in the third world :D

I think that can be statistically substantiated. :lol:

Someone should perform an independant research inquiry for the Dudai Gay scene, I bet you'll (and the Dubai government) be squirming from agony how much truth there is in that statement. :mrgreen:
RobbyG

RobbyG wrote:
chevaliers-de-sion wrote:well Iam quite sure Mr Wilder will love to meet you and your cross dressing friends because "Dudai" if known in the free world as the G*A*Y eest place in the third world :D

I think that can be statistically substantiated. :lol:

Someone should perform an independant research inquiry for the Dudai Gay scene, I bet you'll (and the Dubai government) be squirming from agony how much truth there is in that statement. :mrgreen:

Well it's seems that you two have certainly done your homework on the g.a.y. scene in Dubai. Why I wonder?? As for an independent research, I'm sure that began when Chevy arrived in Dubai. It does take time as he is probably doing his own personal head count. :lol:

RobbyG, where did you get your statistics? From Chevy?

If Wilder needs introductions, Chevy, I'm sure you can make them since you probably know exactly where to take him.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

There are no statistical facts gathered by the government, so someone should do it in the future.

For now, we only have observations. Just look at some partypics and you'll get the drill. :mrgreen:
RobbyG

RobbyG wrote:There are no statistical facts gathered by the government, so someone should do it in the future.

For now, we only have observations. Just look at some partypics and you'll get the drill. :mrgreen:

As I said, Chevy has been in the process of gathering statistics as he is conducting his own personal head count. :lol:

As for the partypics, I wonder if Chevy was actually behind the camera. :lol:

BTW, talking about statistics, what is the gay population in Holland? Do they allow same sex marriages? I hope these questions don't add to your frustration RobbyG. :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:
RobbyG wrote:There are no statistical facts gathered by the government, so someone should do it in the future.

As I said, Chevy has been in the process of gathering statistics as he is conducting his own personal head count. :lol:

BTW, talking about statistics, what is the gay population in Holland? Do they allow same love marriages? I hope these questions don't add to your frustration RobbyG. :lol:

To the contrary, I was expecting that comparison.

I bet the Dubai Gay scene is greater as there are a lot of hidden muslims that are practising gay, its just that they didn't come out for it in public. :D :wink:

'Free Dubai' offers them that opportunity. They probably swarm together by the millions just to get into 'the scene'. LOL :mrgreen:
RobbyG

RobbyG wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

BTW, talking about statistics, what is the gay population in Holland? Do they allow same love marriages? I hope these questions don't add to your frustration RobbyG. :lol:

To the contrary, I was expecting that comparison.

I bet the Dubai Gay scene is greater as there are a lot of hidden muslims that are practising gay, its just that they didn't come out for it in public. :D :wink:

'Free Dubai' offers them that opportunity. They probably swarm together by the millions just to get into 'the scene'. LOL :mrgreen:

Another way to look at it is that Dubai would probably see alot more of your brethern here. Then again, maybe many of the "hidden" gays in the Gulf visit Holland where they can be themselves with your countrymen.

If the emirati population is 1.2 million and you factor in women and children, children probably being the larger percentage, I don't see how "millions" would be looking to get into the scene.

Gay is Gay. Doesn't matter if you are open or hidden. I'm sure the majority of the gay population in Holland must be Christian. I don't recall Christianity embracing that lifestyle. Oh, wait, maybe it only applies to priests in Holland. :roll:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Oh Holland is full of gay peepz. Thats a given. But the best part is that we acknowledged the gay rights long time ago. You can walk the streets hand in hand if you want. :mrgreen:

In muslim society its totally taboo. That makes it so much fun to talk about. Its the ignorance again aight! :lol:

Open your MSN, I 'ringing your bell', but you won't open up! ;) :mrgreen:
RobbyG

RobbyG wrote:Oh Holland is full of gay peepz. Thats a given. But the best part is that we acknowledged the gay rights long time ago. You can walk the streets hand in hand if you want. :mrgreen:

In muslim society its totally taboo. That makes it so much fun to talk about. Its the ignorance again aight! :lol:

Open your MSN, I 'ringing your bell', but you won't open up! ;) :mrgreen:

Ignorance is when you can't see suppression. Making fun of people who basically cannot be who they are is, IMHO, sadder than the people being made fun of. All the more reason you need to be thankful you live where you do, and stop being so apathetic to to those who live in suppression. For such an open society, you have a narrow mind.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Irony is a blessing we received from a higher power according to your belief right?

So I'm allowed to make some fun. We have to take a break sometimes from the serious stuff we talk about, like social reform etc. 8)
RobbyG

RobbyG wrote:Irony is a blessing we received from a higher power according to your belief right?

So I'm allowed to make some fun. We have to take a break sometimes from the serious stuff we talk about, like social reform etc. 8)

Irony is something one sees - it's not a blessing. If you really need to make some fun, why not another topic that doesn't involve people who are suppressed? Social reform isn't the only serious topic RobbyG. People who are suppressed in any way is serious.

All you need to do now is to get real. :roll:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Not a day goes by without news of Christian terrorists plotting destruction.....

A suspected Al Qaeda militant who was known as a "sweetheart" by classmates at his New Jersey high school is being investigated by the FBI after his arrest in the Middle East for allegedly trying to shoot his way out of a hospital in Yemen.

Federal sources confirmed that 26-year-old Sharif Mobley, of Buena, N.J., is in custody after a shooting rampage in a Yemeni hospital that killed one guard and injured another.

FBI spokesman Rich Wolf in Baltimore said the agency is looking into the case. Mobley was reportedly being held prisoner in the hospital and was caught after a chase following the shooting.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,588873,00.html
event horizon

Since when do Christians plot for Al Qaida? :D

These followers get weirder every day. Time for a new Stalin figure to level the playing field. lol :drunken:

ps: Did someone else notice his nickname 'sweetheart' ? Must be fag too.
RobbyG

Re: Jihad Jane's Arrest Raises Fears About Homegrown Terrorists Mar 13, 2010
Well, let's not forget that eh insists that the Lord's Resistance Army in Uganda are Christian terrorists (I argued they were converts to a weird cult).

Compared to the numpty Tim McVeigh wannabes - the LRA are a very nasty bunch of real terrorists. Fascinating that eh preferred to claim them for Christianity rather than have them appear in the count of non-Muslim convert terrorists.
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

The LRA are indeed Christian terrorists. They just happen to incorporate witchcraft, the occult and even Islam into their 'belief' system. Additionally, they have some weird cult of personality going on with their leader(s) where he is believed to be the holy spirit or some Jazz. Kinda like that pseudo Muslim claiming that he was the Messiah and the Mahdi.

Personally, it would be better to classify both Ahmadis and the LRA as falling outside of the fold of Islam and Christianity respectively. But if they call themselves Muslims or Christians, I'll hesitantly label themselves as such.

However, I'm happy to acknowledge that the beliefs and teachings of the LRA are waaaay outside the mainstream teachings of Christianity. This contrasts sharply with your typical Muslim terrorist who is motivated (and readily cites the interpretation/views of past Muslim scholars, etc) by the texts and teachings of orthodox Islam.
event horizon

Thanks for confirming that you do considet the LRA as Christians (and Ahmadis as Muslims) - despite the fact that Christians and Muslims denounce the respective groups as nonIChristian and non-Muslim.

So, you are arguing that the LRA are Christian terrorists - who cause terror because of a misinterpretation (according to you) of your scripture.

How are they any different from you and Al Qaeda who both justify the killing of civilians based on your concept of what God wants people to do?

You argue that Al Qaeda's like actions are condoned by God in the Bible - so how are the LRA different from you in this regard?

ArenKt the majority of Christians who denounce the LRA just the same as the equivalent Muslims? They both would consider your views as those oif extemist fanatics.
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

A couple more questions -

1. Given that the LRA are Christians and therefore believe in Jesus as their saviour - is your contention that they are loved by God and will go to heaven despite the fact they kill and enslave civilians (notably children - including virgins who they rape) - crimes you condone when carried out by Israelites in the Bible?

2. How are their killings and rapes different from those in the Bible that you condone?

I suspect you may not wish to answer these questions and if not, I refer you to the 'hypocrisy uncovered' thread in the religion section.
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

an Al Qaeda terrorist known as "sweetheart"?

What is happening to the world?! Even good old traditional terrorism has gone to the dogs. Stupid chickflicks!
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

dee7o wrote:an Al Qaeda terrorist known as "sweetheart"?

What is happening to the world?! Even good old traditional terrorism has gone to the dogs. Stupid chickflicks!

:lol: :mrgreen: :lol:
RobbyG

shafique wrote:Thanks for confirming that you do considet the LRA as Christians (and Ahmadis as Muslims) - despite the fact that Christians and Muslims denounce the respective groups as nonIChristian and non-Muslim.

So, you are arguing that the LRA are Christian terrorists - who cause terror because of a misinterpretation (according to you) of your scripture.

How are they any different from you and Al Qaeda who both justify the killing of civilians based on your concept of what God wants people to do?

You argue that Al Qaeda's like actions are condoned by God in the Bible - so how are the LRA different from you in this regard?

ArenKt the majority of Christians who denounce the LRA just the same as the equivalent Muslims? They both would consider your views as those oif extemist fanatics.

Thank you for admitting that Ahmadis aren't Muslims.
event horizon

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk