Jihad Jane's Arrest Raises Fears About Homegrown Terrorists

Topic locked
Re: Jihad Jane's Arrest Raises Fears About Homegrown Terrorists Mar 13, 2010
Looks like we've got ourselves another convert to the RoP who was arrested for planning to murder that cartoonist:

Last Easter, Jamie Paulin-Ramirez, a 31-year-old mom with a $30,000-a-year job as a medical assistant, announced to her family that she had converted to Islam. A few months later, she began posting to Facebook forums whose headings included "STOP caLLing MUSLIMS TERRORISTS!"

On Sept. 11, she suddenly left Leadville, Colo., a small town in the Rocky Mountains, for Denver, then for New York, to meet and marry a Muslim man she connected with online, her family says. Ms. Paulin-Ramirez, who is 5-foot-11 and blonde, phoned her mother and stepfather in Leadville, providing them with an address in Waterford, Ireland, they say.

Now, she is in the custody of the Irish police, along with six other individuals, arrested as part of an investigation into a conspiracy to commit murder, according to officials familiar with the case. The nature of the authorities' suspicions about Ms. Paulin-Ramirez couldn't be determined on Friday.

Ms. Paulin-Ramirez's interest in Islam "came out of left field," said her mother, Christine Holcomb-Mott, in an interview at her home Friday, wearing a blue sweatsuit with a silver cross around her neck.

"I'm angry with her right now," Ms. Holcomb-Mott said. "I'd like to just choke her. But I'm worried about her, too. I love my daughter."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... malertNEWS

event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Jihad Jane's Arrest Raises Fears About Homegrown Terrorists Mar 13, 2010
She's known as Jihad Jamie in the Washington Post. :wink:
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk