Israel: 'Speech Of Truth'

Topic locked
Israel: 'Speech of Truth' Sep 20, 2011
Israeli politicians are in a state of panic.

Netanyahu is travelling to the UN and will deliver a speech there, ahead of the expected Palestinian bid for full recognition on Friday.

Some Israeli diplomats are in despair and calling Israel's actions incompetent, but that's water under the bridge now.

If Netanyahu were to tell the truth in his speech to the UN, then he'd have to reveal the facts that Haaretz has brilliantly compiled into this speech for him to read out:

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has promised that in his speech at the United Nations on Friday, he will "tell the truth." This is no trivial matter when it involves a politician who invented an encounter with British soldiers that happened before he was born. Nor is it obvious for a person who retroactively brought Rehavam Ze'evi into his government after the latter had already passed away.
The following lines are an attempt to formulate Netanyahu's truth ahead of one more speech of a lifetime.

I came to this chamber, in which 64 years ago the nations of the world declared the establishment of a Jewish state, although the Arabs have an automatic majority here. Yes, I know that that does not matter much, since we have the automatic veto of the United States in the Security Council. More importantly, we have an automatic majority in the U.S. Congress and our lobby, AIPAC, has a grip on President Obama in a sensitive place. But how can we even compare the automatic majority against Israel to the automatic majority for it?

"Having already made Sara come all the way to New York, I will present to you my truth with regard to the Palestinian request that you recognize, ostensibly, a state of their own in the 1967 borders whose capital is East Jerusalem.

"I do not understand why they are making do with one country. I am ready to offer them at least four: one in Gaza, the second an enclave in the Nablus area - with perhaps a tunnel to Tul Karm, the third in the Ramallah district, and the fourth in the Hebron Hills, without, of course, Baruch Marzel and the Tomb of the Patriarchs.

"You can learn about my truth with regard to the Jordan Valley from the tape of the meeting with settlers in Ofra 10 years ago. I told them that during my first term as prime minister, the Americans promised me that I would be the one to sketch the borders of 'defined military sites' in the territories that according to the Oslo Accords would remain in Israel's hands. I told the settlers that the way I see it, the entire Jordan Valley is a military zone and I boasted that 'from that moment I stopped the Oslo Accords.'

"I said in my speech at Bar-Ilan University that I support a two-state solution. That was shortly after President Barack Hussein Obama's Cairo speech, when I was afraid he would call my bluff and go all the way with his Muslim friends.

"I understand that if I keep wasting my time distributing macho pictures to the media, even Glenn Beck, if he is elected president of the United States, will not be able to ensure that the State of Israel does not become a pariah state like apartheid South Africa. And so I have to toss the ball into the Palestinian court.

"Despite the political price I will pay for this, and the rebuke I'll get from my father, I will reveal to you today for the first time things that were unknown until now: I told Obama I was willing to withdraw from 95 percent of the West Bank and to conduct negotiations over exchanges of territory. But don't get too excited, since I conditioned this revolutionary proposal on two things: First, the Palestinians' express agreement that the negotiations will result in a peace treaty between the state of the Palestinian people and the nation state of the Jewish people; and second, a pre-understanding that the agreement on the establishment of a Palestinian state will constitute the end of the conflict without hearing any more about the return of refugees. From my perspective, these are iron-clad conditions.

"I know that from the point of view of Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas, accepting these conditions is like suicide. No Palestinian leader can allow himself to give up at the outset on the right of return and alienate himself from Israel's Palestinian citizens, particularly at a time when we are settling Jews in all parts of the West Bank and East Jerusalem. The truth is that this is the reason I invented these conditions. It is clear to me that among the Arabs, just like with us, politicians are prepared to kill and be killed on the altar of their country. See you at Masada.

http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/op ... n-1.385259

Facts, not hype.

Cheers,
Shafique

shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Israel: 'Speech of Truth' Sep 20, 2011
Facts, not hype.

Then the facts should speak for themselves instead of you constantly claiming your arguments are based on facts rather than hype.

Rule of thumb is a person's argument is all hype instead of facts when someone like you needs to reiterate that their arguments are factual.

But then again, we're getting the 'facts, not hype' line from someone who doesn't believe wife hitting is an act of physical violence or a proper refutation of Koranic contradictions is that the contradiction is....imagined!

Wow.
event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Israel: 'Speech Of Truth' Sep 21, 2011
^Thanks for sharing your views.

As usual, you haven't actually addressed the facts in the post - just given us your beliefs - and indeed showing why I needed to state 'facts not hype' to contrast the reality of the situation vs fanbois spin.

But hey, I fully understand - when the truth is laid out so clearly, you have no other option but to try and distract away from the facts.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Israel: 'Speech of Truth' Sep 21, 2011
I agree, the core issue are the 'refugees', and almost everybody is dancing around it. The Arab 'refugees' are held in camp by their own leaders as cynical poilitcal pawns, and are in many cases treated worse than dogs. There are signals, that even after the establishment of a Pal Arab state, the 'refugees' wouldn't be able to leave the camps and wouldn't be allowed to become full citizens of the new state. A new state, that Pali leaders prefer to be Jew-free. Israel will not allow a full 'right of return' and for Pali leaders to accept less is (political) suicide. A stalemate created by Arab leaders.
Remember, the IPC caused more jewish refugees than Arab refugees. This is often forgotten.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

There I was thinking that the core issue of the continued Military Occupation by Israel of Palestine was the Military Occupation!

Refugees from Israel, status of Jerusalem and indeed the colonies (aka 'settlements') built on land Occupied in 1967 are issues to be resolved - but the core issue remains the Military Occupation of land captured by Israel in 1967.

And let's not overlook the fact that UN recognition of the Statehood for Palestine does not depend on the final agreement on refugees from Israel.

But glad to see that FD doesn't actually dispute the facts in the speech in the OP - just trying to weakly spin the facts (again).

(But let's debunk a myth straight away - refugees refers to those who have lost homes within the borders of the country of Palestine as defined in, inter alia, the Hope Simpson report of 1930. Palestinian Arab (Muslim and Christian) refugees who are refused entry to their homes/lands are the issue and far outnumber Palestinian Jewish refugees. Extending refugees to peoples displaced from outside these borders is not a Palestinian problem - and if we did, European expulsion of Jews would dominate).

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nope, its more about the mere existence of Israel as a jewish state than about the disputed areas.

Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Israel: 'Speech Of Truth' Sep 21, 2011
You're in a minority FD - the rest of the world understand that the issue is the Military Occupation that's the main issue.

Anyway - the UN vote is this week, as is Netanyahu's 'speech of truth'. Let's see what develops.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Israel: 'Speech Of Truth' Sep 22, 2011
shafique wrote:You're in a minority FD - the rest of the world understand that the issue is the Military Occupation that's the main issue.

Anyway - the UN vote is this week, as is Netanyahu's 'speech of truth'. Let's see what develops.

Cheers,
Shafique

Looks like Obama has thrown a spanner in the works. The UN will never be able to force peace on that region, it's up to the Palestinians and the Israelis to agree to disagree.
When the Palestinians recognise Israel's right to a secure state, there may be a way forward.
When are the Palestinians going to learn to behave themselves?
Bethsmum

The US vetoing the plan hardly puts a spanner in the works - the diplomatic initiative is working very well at the moment. Israel is being more and more isolated, and the US desperately don't want to use the veto - as they are vetoing exactly what they have said they'd support - a two state solution.

The Palestinians seem to have learnt the diplomatic lesson very well - it is the Israelis that are panicking.

It will be fascinating to hear what Bibi has to say and how many countries he manages to persuade to vote against the proposal.

Imagining that the issue isn't one of Israel's Military Occupation is not helping any fanbois. It is just laughable these days when fanbois try the 'but Occupier is actually the victim, and the occupied is the aggressor' line. No one buys it any more - not even most Americans!

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Israel: 'Speech of Truth' Sep 22, 2011
Flying Dutchman wrote:Nope, its more about the mere existence of Israel as a jewish state than about the disputed areas.

Well all else fails, resort to tired old rethoric. Yahoo's speech will be interesting, try to count how many times he uses such.

Unfortunately its not the US congress and the UN diplomats don't grovel at the likes of AIPAC, so I doubt there will be any standing ovations.
desertdudeshj

shafique wrote:The US vetoing the plan hardly puts a spanner in the works - the diplomatic initiative is working very well at the moment. Israel is being more and more isolated, and the US desperately don't want to use the veto - as they are vetoing exactly what they have said they'd support - a two state solution.

The Palestinians seem to have learnt the diplomatic lesson very well - it is the Israelis that are panicking.

It will be fascinating to hear what Bibi has to say and how many countries he manages to persuade to vote against the proposal.

Imagining that the issue isn't one of Israel's Military Occupation is not helping any fanbois. It is just laughable these days when fanbois try the 'but Occupier is actually the victim, and the occupied is the aggressor' line. No one buys it any more - not even most Americans!

Cheers,
Shafique

Well time will tell.
Bethsmum

Re: Israel: 'Speech Of Truth' Sep 23, 2011
Indeed DDS.

BM - not long to go now. Let's see how many countries (including our own country) vote with Palestine and how many vote with Israel.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:Indeed DDS.

BM - not long to go now. Let's see how many countries (including our own country) vote with Palestine and how many vote with Israel.

Cheers,
Shafique

I think you are a little excited over this issue Shaf and you forgot that BM is not from Mauritius. :)
gertrude
Dubai forums Addict

:D BM and I weren't born in Mauritius. ;)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote::D BM and I weren't born in Mauritius. ;)

Cheers,
Shafique

No but there is a big difference, I'm English and you are Mauritian :D
Bethsmum

Thanks for sharing yet another kooky belief. :D

(BTW it must irritate you so when facts are presented.. I did tell you that both my parents are British, didn't I? :D Facts, not fantasies.)

Anyway, nothing wrong in a little fantasising on your part whilst we wait for the outcome from the UN...

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Israel: 'Speech of Truth' Sep 23, 2011
There is a big difference between being English and having a British passport. Even I know that.
Bethsmum

That's why my parents refer to themselves as 'only' British and I'm English (born and bred). Try and keep up BM, really :roll:

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Shaf, but do you consider yoursefl Muslim, first, then British, right?
gertrude
Dubai forums Addict

shafique wrote:That's why my parents refer to themselves as 'only' British and I'm English (born and bred). Try and keep up BM, really :roll:

Cheers,
Shafique

Try looking in the mirror :wink:
Bethsmum

gertrude - what has my English nationality got to do with my religion?

You've not been at the loon kool-aid again have you? ;)

Bibi is giving his 'speech of truth' ..lets see how much truth the speech contains.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

It's a simple question. not a loon question. and supported by a study
http://pewresearch.org/assets/pdf/muslim-americans.pdf
81% of your peers in the UK have answered it, they think of self as Mulsim first, not british.
Since you did not answear, I will put you in the 81% and not having the courage to admit it.

Protestant, anglicans, and catholics in the UK think of self British citizen first. hope you see my point
gertrude
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Israel: 'Speech Of Truth' Sep 24, 2011
I'd like to know in what way a Catholic puts their religion above their nationality - in what way does their Catholicism over-ride their British Nationality? If I knew that, perhaps I could comment whether my religion similarly is 'ahead' of my English nationality.

But to answer your question directly, no my religion is NOT ahead of my choice of religion - just like my being an actuary, a man or a father/husband/brother isn't 'ahead' of my choice of religion. Nothing in Islam contradicts my being a man/father/husband/brother/Englishman.

Edit: I clicked on your link - What is interesting is that more 42% American Christians think of them as 'Christians first' vs 47% American Muslims. And the link below explains what they mean - both the Muslims and Christians. It seems I am among the 12% who view their religion and nationality as equal.:

Your statement that '.catholics in Uk think of self British citizen first' therefore needs to be examined to see whether or not they are that different from the American Christians. I think that generally UK Christians are less religious than the Americans - so this may just reflect this aspect:

U.S. Muslims: Americans First?

Asked whether they think of themselves first as an American or first as a Muslim, a 47% plurality of U.S. Muslims say they consider themselves Muslims first; 28% say they think of themselves first as Americans. In
May 2006, when U.S. Christians were asked a parallel question, 42% said they think of themselves as Christians first, while 48% said they are Americans first.

The survey findings suggest the question is as much a measure of personal religious commitment as an expression of patriotism to the United States. Among Muslim Americans who have a high level of religious commitment, 70% say they consider themselves to be Muslims first. But among those with low religious commitment, just 28% see themselves this way, while a 47% plurality identifies first as American, and 12% say they consider themselves equally Muslim and American.

The link between religiosity and self-identity is similar among Christians in America. By roughly two-to-one (59% vs. 30%), U.S. Christians who say religion is very important identify as Christians first, while those who say religion is less important identify as Americans first, by a margin of 76% to 18%. Similarly, most white evangelical Protestants (62%) say they primarily identify themselves as Christians rather than Americans, while most white mainline Protestants (65%) identify as Americans first.

I happen to agree with the following:
Gen Sir David Richards, Chief of the Defence Staff recently paid tribute to serving Muslim soldiers and called for more to join up.

"We've got a very bright, vibrant and growing number of Muslims in the British armed forces and they are a very important part of our lives.

"They are very proud members of the British nation but they happen to be Muslims as well, they don't think there's any contradiction at all."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12504162

But let me know if YOU think there is a contradiction.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Israel: 'Speech of Truth' Sep 24, 2011
Oh come on sunshine! If there is one thing you shove down people's throats, it's that you are Muslim!
If anyone comes on England bashing or bashing the Royal Family (of which I'm not a particular fan) do you ever speak up? No, you do not. There are plenty of things the matter with England but if you are English you stand up for your country. All you do is refer to the white feral underclass and try to brag about your connections.

You aren't convincing anyone sunshine, not even yourself.
Bethsmum

You are really having a bad time with English comprehension aren't you sunshine?

Why is it that loons have a hard time accepting facts. Gertrude asked a question, I answered that my view was like the 12% of American Muslims who viewed their religion and nationality as being equally important.

42% of American Christians said they were Christian first.

You're now imagining that I bash England. Have a word with yourself, woman. I uphold English values and oppose fascists, racists and bigots. That is the English way and what we fought two world wars to defeat. War Cemeteries have rows upon rows of Muslim soldiers who made the ultimate sacrifice and fought under the Union Jack.

I mentioned the feral underclass as a threat to English values - more a threat than your imagined nightmare of non-white Britons taking over.

I am proud to stand up for my country and speak out against all who are trying to portray their small minded views as 'English'. Alf Garnett was a comedy figure, and his views are comedic. The EDL and their ilk are not representative of English values - and indeed opposing them is what most English people do.

The Royals? When did I bash them - I think you're imagining things again. I pointed out that they are German immigrants - but I'm not a republican - if anything, I was pointing out how in-grained immigrants are now in England.

Get real.

Anyway - now that Bibi has actually given his speech of truth and lost the round when it came to applause, can we now get back on topic? Or do you want to go another round and try and convince me I'm not English for opposing fascism etc?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Your silence on numerous topics speaks a thousand words IMO.
The likes of you won't be happy till you've taken over my country. Why can't you just accept that most English people want their country to remain a white anglo saxon Christian community? If you lot can't just melt into the background and quietly get on with your lives, it's a damn shame. It wouldn't be so bad if you just blended in but no, you just can't do that can you? What with your pathetic demonstrations on 9/11 and against our soldiers returning from Afghanistan. I could really see you signing up for that!

I don't come to a Muslim country and want to take over, I just realise it's a Muslim country and respect that.

You are a bigot, if there ever was one. You can shout that you're English till my cows come home. The fact that you have to repeat it every other post just confirms that you aren't really convinced.
Bethsmum

Palestinian Abdullah busted when he spoke the "truth", he admitted palestinians do not want peace.
"When we have a state accepted as a member of the United Nations, this is not the end of the conflict. This is not a solution to the conflict. This is only a new framework that will change the rules of the game.”
http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Politi ... z1YigOBy4T
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

herve wrote:http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Politics/2011/Sep-15/148791-interview-refugees-will-not-be-citizens-of-new-state.ashx#axzz1YigOBy4T

The ambassador unequivocally says that Palestinian refugees would not become citizens of the sought for U.N.-recognized Palestinian state, an issue that has been much discussed. “They are Palestinians, that’s their identity,” he says. “But … they are not automatically citizens.”

This would not only apply to refugees in countries such as Lebanon, Egypt, Syria and Jordan or the other 132 countries where Abdullah says Palestinians reside. Abdullah said that “even Palestinian refugees who are living in [refugee camps] inside the [Palestinian] state, they are still refugees. They will not be considered citizens.”

Try to wrap your head around that one.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Israel: 'Speech Of Truth' Sep 24, 2011
Just love it when fanboi-ery takes over common sense but ofcourse there were any common sense there wouldn't be any fanboi-ery in the first place, ofcourse it is not the end to the conflict. Sigh ! If it only were that simple, if that was the case there would be a sweeping majority yes vote at the UN.

That is just the start to the end, first step towards peace a step towards liability and ability. As for the refugess, just goes to show the Palestenians are serious about it as thats one of the thing Israel always harps on about. But he is also honest enough to say " I don't know " as to the final decision on the refugee issue.

Also intresting to note, the puppet rattling its saber again

The United States has of late been taking steps to dissuade the Palestinians from taking their bid to the U.N., sending negotiators to meet with Palestinian officials. The ambassador says these talks have not been fruitful.

“They won’t offer us anything … that saves the peace process,” he says. “They would offer us nothing except to say that they will cut financial aid, and other such threats. Dignity is much more important than a loaf of bread."

The last minute threats Abdullah refers to include a bill proposed by the chair of the U.S. House Foreign Relations Committee, Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, which would cut U.S. funding to any U.N. body that recognizes the Palestinian statehood

Also a very potent statement on the American veto

A U.S. veto in the Security Council, Abdullah says, would only harm the great power. “The United States is propagating that it is the champion of freedom and democracy around the world, and if it denies the Palestinians the right to be free, to be democratic, and to live in dignity, it is not a good sign for the U.S.

With already a dwidling image internationaly the US really can't afford to veto this, but still won't be surprised if it does. Wont even go into why it would because its painfully obvious !
desertdudeshj

but ofcourse there were any common sense

With already a dwidling image internationaly the US really can't afford to veto this, but still won't be surprised if it does.

Ok, let's use some common sense. In whose eyes would the US's image dwindle any further if they vetoed the legislation?

There are maybe three camps: neutral, pro and con. The pros already hate the United States and West, so our vote won't change their views. I have a hard time believing our vote on the issue would hurt our image for the neutrals and cons. But, you're the one with the common sense. How would a US veto hurt America's image?
event horizon

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk