:D

shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: and the truth shall set us free, US SOLDIER SPEAKS THE T Jul 25, 2011
I'm happy you're happy
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: And The Truth Shall Set Us Free, US SOLDIER SPEAKS THE T Jul 25, 2011

Scott Ritter was UN Chief Inspector of Weapons in Iraq, tells that the United Nations and United States knew all weapons of mass destruction (WMD) were destroyed by the summer of 1991.

The full video can be viewed at http://video.google.com, look for "Scott Ritter and Ray McGovern on the Occupation of Iraq.

Iraq Death Toll:

United Nations UNICEF estimated that over 500,000 children (under age of 4) died during the embargoes. Note that in 2002, 12 non-governmental organizations study group said that the 12-year-old U.N. economic embargo against Iraq was flawed because it severely hurt the Iraqi people while sparing the country's leaders. The United States and the United Kingdom used their veto power to prolong the sanctions, bear special responsibility for perpetuating the sanctions against the wishes of the vast majority of the 15-member Security Council

A study conducted by the Fafo Institute for Applied Social Science, a Norwegian research group, found in November 2004 that acute malnutrition among Iraqi children between the ages of six months and five years has increased from 4 percent to 7.7 percent since the US-led invasion.

The UK Lancet (independent and authoritative voice in global medicine) in July 2006 reported that over 600,000 have been killed since the invasion. The UK Government publicly rejected the findings of Lancet until a FOI conducted by the BBC found that the Governments Chief Scientist actually agreed with the Lancet study!

In 2006 US Johns Hopkins University and the Al Mustansiriya University in Baghdad confirmed the UK Lancet figures by estimating that 655,000 more people have died in Iraq since coalition forces arrived in March 2003 than would have died if the invasion had not occurred.

The UK ORB completed the latest and most comprehensive poll in October 2007 (polled many more regions in Iraq), they estimate 1,220,580 deaths since the U.S. invasion in 2003.

November 2007 polls (1.2 million dead) and UNICEF Sanction Polls for children (500,000 children under 4 dead) indicate a total of at least 1.7 million civilian deaths that have resulted due to Iraq sanctions and the US invasion of Iraq.

just more clarification from a credible person
general_A
Dubai forums Addict

general_A wrote:Dillon
Chemical WMD found in Iraq, there are many more references than the three here.

most of which had been destroyed following the Gulf War, like i said before.

http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/Iraq_WMD_Declassified.pdf

as i said, and as is shown here, most of which had been destroyed following the Gulf War.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/08/13/AR2005081300530.html
Boylan said the suspected lab was new, dating from some time after the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq in 2003. The Bush administration cited evidence that Saddam Hussein's government was manufacturing weapons of mass destruction as the main justification for the invasion. No such weapons or factories were found.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/us_did_find_iraq_wmd_AYiLgNbw7pDf7AZ3RO9qnM

The documents showed that US troops continued to find chemical weapons and labs for years after the invasion, including remnants of Saddam Hussein's chemical weapons arsenal -- most of which had been destroyed following the Gulf War.
again, like i said in my earlier post, but you don't seem to want to believe that.

i really think you should read whats in your links before posting them. they do tell that the weapons were never found, ad what was left of them was destroyed after the gulf war.

Lookup Uday Hussein, he was the one accused of torturing and murdering Iraqi athletes.

true, now i remember that one.

Saddam Hussein and his Governance also played an equal part in that as have the persistent insurgencies since the New Government was formed.

the country was already being trashed before any talks of any new government being formed, it was a heavy scale military invasion.

Your opinion that Iraq would be better off with Saddam Hussein left as he was truly astonishes me, you obviously have no family in Iran or Kuwait?

i was clearly talking about how better off HIS country would be with him, not what happened between him and Iran or Kuwait. Ii'm talking about Iraq.[/quote]

Are you just picking a fight now?

:lol:
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dillon wrote:
general_A wrote:Dillon
Chemical WMD found in Iraq, there are many more references than the three here.

most of which had been destroyed following the Gulf War, like i said before.

http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/Iraq_WMD_Declassified.pdf

as i said, and as is shown here, most of which had been destroyed following the Gulf War.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/08/13/AR2005081300530.html
Boylan said the suspected lab was new, dating from some time after the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq in 2003. The Bush administration cited evidence that Saddam Hussein's government was manufacturing weapons of mass destruction as the main justification for the invasion. No such weapons or factories were found.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/us_did_find_iraq_wmd_AYiLgNbw7pDf7AZ3RO9qnM

The documents showed that US troops continued to find chemical weapons and labs for years after the invasion, including remnants of Saddam Hussein's chemical weapons arsenal -- most of which had been destroyed following the Gulf War.
again, like i said in my earlier post, but you don't seem to want to believe that.

i really think you should read whats in your links before posting them. they do tell that the weapons were never found, ad what was left of them was destroyed after the gulf war.

Lookup Uday Hussein, he was the one accused of torturing and murdering Iraqi athletes.

true, now i remember that one.

Saddam Hussein and his Governance also played an equal part in that as have the persistent insurgencies since the New Government was formed.

the country was already being trashed before any talks of any new government being formed, it was a heavy scale military invasion.

Your opinion that Iraq would be better off with Saddam Hussein left as he was truly astonishes me, you obviously have no family in Iran or Kuwait?

i was clearly talking about how better off HIS country would be with him, not what happened between him and Iran or Kuwait. Ii'm talking about Iraq.

Are you just picking a fight now?

:lol:

naaah, that's not me 8)
general_A
Dubai forums Addict

Re: And The Truth Shall Set Us Free, US SOLDIER SPEAKS THE T Jul 25, 2011
shafique wrote:If it makes you feel happier to think I have senile dementia -so be it.

You are the one that seems to be losing it, though. ;)

Cheers,
Shafique

Take it easy, dingleberry. In case you didn't understand, this is another poster complaining about your behavior.

Is everyone else on the forum - besides dingleberry II - wrong about your obnoxious behavior when you post?

I said long ago that members who disagree with you inevitably are bothered by you trollish actions.

It seems I was right and I can't find a single instance where members on the forum could engage in discussion without getting frustrated by your obnoxious attempts at trolling.

A prime example is the thread on praying at the Canadian middle school.
event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: And The Truth Shall Set Us Free, US SOLDIER SPEAKS THE T Jul 26, 2011
event horizon wrote:take it easy, dingleberry. In case you didn't understand, this is another poster complaining about your behavior.

Is everyone else on the forum - besides dingleberry II - wrong about your obnoxious behavior when you post?

I said long ago that members who disagree with you inevitably are bothered by you trollish actions.

It seems I was right and I can't find a single instance where members on the forum could engage in discussion without getting frustrated by your obnoxious attempts at trolling.

A prime example is the thread on praying at the Canadian middle school.

And not to mention his obnoxious behaviour about the death of nearly 100 people in Norway.
Bethsmum

Re: and the truth shall set us free, US SOLDIER SPEAKS THE T Jul 26, 2011
Dillon wrote:http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/Iraq_WMD_Declassified.pdf
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 00530.html

Boylan said the suspected lab was new, dating from some time after the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq in 2003

The other article is just too obscure without any details to comment on, but again in the hands of insurgents in makeshift labs in villas. Most probably also new and proped up after the invasion.

The other such finds I can think of is two expired shells which had become useless found by polish soilders plus the ISG report which states a few finds of very small size of no military use, hardly worth invading a country over.

The no fly zones were not part of UN resolutions so if there was any breach of the cease fire it was from UK, US and France's side. All reports fail to prove or mention any presence of stockpiles of WMD before and after the invasion. Kofi Annan himself has gone on record to say the invasion was illeagal.

As for Saddam he was no angel and nor was his actions forgiveable and the world is a better place without him, but bombing a country back into 19th century with a massive toll on all sides in all aspects, was it worth it, does it justify invading an entire country, HELL NO !

Saddam and Iraq were nothing but a whipping boy and a scrape goat to satify the bloodlust after 9/11. There were and still are much more needy candidates in need of "democracy and liberation". N.Korea comes to mind, but wait they actually might have WMDs and not to forget no oil aswell and the military industrial complex would not make any money from it.
desertdudeshj

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk