Egyptian Cleric: Jews Are A Cancer

Topic locked
Egyptian cleric: Jews are a cancer Jan 20, 2012
Notice the many religious references:

I address them on behalf of 85 million Egyptians, whose hearts beat with hatred for the Jews, and with the knowledge of what the Jews did to us and of how Allah warned us about them...

I tell them that the battle is bound to come, Allah be praised. The Prophet Muhammad, whose words are divinely inspired, said: "Judgment Day will come when the Muslims fight the Jews." That means that the Muslims will be the ones who engage [in fighting]. It's not just any battle. He said: "The Muslims will fight the Jews, and the stones and the trees will say: Oh Muslim, oh servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him." Even the stones and the trees hate them. The battle is bound to come.

Jews will be Jews, guys. The Jews of today are the Jews of Khaybar, who tried to poison the Prophet Muhammad. They are the Jews of Banu Nadhir, who tried to kill the Prophet Muhammad. They are the Jews of Banu Qaynuqa', who tried to lift up a Muslim woman's dress. Jews will be Jews. We know what you are like, you Jews, and we know your hatred toward the religion of Allah, toward the servants of Allah, and toward the Muslims worldwide.

Today, 92% of the world's film industry is in your hands, 90% of the world's famous actors are Jews, and 90% of the giant news networks, like CNN, are in Jewish hands.

My message to all the Jews is that the battle is bound to come and you will be vanquished. Allah has promised that you will be vanquished and that we will prevail. I tell you that our Prophet Muhammad, whose every word we believe and whose light we follow - the moment he signed the Hudaybiyya Treaty with Mecca, the first thing he did after the battle with the Quraysh tribe, only 20 days after signing the Hudaybiyya Treaty, he took his army and attacked Khaybar.

Why, oh Messenger of Allah? Because these Jews are a cancer. These Jews are a catastrophe. There is not a catastrophe in the world that is not the handiwork of the Jews. These Jews are a cancer in the body of planet Earth, and if permitted, it will spread and infect the entire body. Getting rid of these Jews is a must.

http://www.memritv.org/clip/en/3274.htm

Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Egyptian Cleric: Jews Are A Cancer Jan 20, 2012
First, let's knock on the head the bizare belief that I'm anti-semitic - my views are consistent and clear:
philosophy-dubai/questions-for-shaf-for-the-record-t46569.html

Now back to this Memri clip and FD's extract of the extract:

Memri entitles this special as :
Egyptian Cleric Hazem Shuman: These Jews Are a Cancer in the Body of Planet Earth, Getting Rid of Them Is a Must.

Who are 'these Jews' he is talking about? (And who is Mr Shuman? Is he a well known cleric??)

I again note that you chose to edit the already edited transcript and not quote from the beginning.
Following are excerpts from an address by Egyptian cleric Hazem Shuman, which aired on Al-Rahma TV on September 9, 2011.

Hazem Shuman: What was our response when six Egyptians were killed by Jews on the border? Was the Jewish ambassador summoned? No. Was he expelled from Egypt? No. Was the Egyptian ambassador recalled from Israel? No. So what was the response? Brothers, this is about the honor of the people. I am talking to the Jews in the name of 85 million Egyptians, who hate them from the bottom of their hearts.

[...]

I saw footage of a young Egyptian fighting a lion. He did this for the sake of the thrill. He went into the lion's cage holding a spear, and they filmed him fighting the lion. He got out of the cage after overcoming the lion. I said: By God, young Egyptians who fight lions cannot fight the Jews? Can't they devour the Jews? How many millions of our young men are ready to fight lions... I mean, Jews.

The Memri site is being careful and showing that each snippet is an excerpt and yet FD chose to edit out the [...] in the original.

I think I shall follow the advice that was given in the thread about why we should double check Memri specials and request to see the full transcript to see the full context, as well as an independent check of the translation of the full speech.

But, yet again, what FD chooses not to quote from an Islamophobic website is most illuminating.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:Who are 'these Jews' he is talking about?

He is clear on that:

My message to all the Jews is that the battle is bound to come and you will be vanquished. Allah has promised that you will be vanquished and that we will prevail.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

I'd still like to see the full extract and confirmation of the Memri translations.

Who is this guy anyway?

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

No one but Muslims can get away with calling a group of people cancerous and use the argument that they were only referring to certain group of people. So is it "ok" to refer anyone partially supportive of the Taliban cancerous? Or the Palestinian terrorist group Hamas and their supporters as cancerous and in need of eradication? Of course our resident loon would be outraged and post LW articles if any non-Muslim were to make the above comments.

Of course, our resident spin doctor didn't care enough to truthfully disclose that the Egyptian cleric was referring to all Jews.

But who cares, it's a Memri special? Back to sweeping genocidal Jew hatred under the rug and playing the victim card.
event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Shaf why even bother, you can only reason with people who seek and desire truth. Those who have their mind and intentions made up and apart from showing disrespect towards other religions and people have nothing positive or constructive to offer, truth will never appeal to them. Only what they want to believe they will.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Egyptian Cleric: Jews Are A Cancer Jan 21, 2012
It's pretty clear that anyone who believes a Memri special without checking isn't really interested in the underlying truth.

Former head of the CIA's counterintelligence unit, Vincent Cannistraro, said that MEMRI "are selective and act as propagandists for their political point of view, which is the extreme-right of Likud. They simply don't present the whole picture

In this case it is good to highlight that Memri specials rarely come with a complete transcript, or a verifiable independent translation.

I'm still waiting to hear from the Memri-fans about who this guy in the video actually is.

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

It's pretty clear that anyone who believes a Memri special without checking isn't really interested in the underlying truth.

I'm sure you still think people care what an Antisemitic religious nutter such as yourself thinks.

The reality is everyone sees you for the religious bigot and Jew hater that you are.

Though you still have Berrin and Nucleus as your cheerleaders.

Just be sure never to discuss what "Seal of the Prophets" means and stick to topics you three can grunt in agreement on, such as your hatred of Jews and the West.
event horizon

Nucleus wrote:you can only reason with people who seek and desire truth

You are a native Arabic speaker, is that correct? Any mistranslations in the vid posted in the OP?
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

[Patiently waits to see if we ever get the full transcript, or an answer to the question 'who is this guy anyway']

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

This guy is a popular speaker for a (satellite) channel. What would worry me more, is why no (Muslim) viewer or Egyptian protests against his foaming drivel and let the youth be poisoned by his hate speeches.

With my humble knowledge of Arabic, I think the translation is correct, but I am not a native speaker, so I remain humble. He definitely 'forgot' to replace Jews with Zionists.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Any references to check on this guy's credentials and how popular he (and the satellite channel) are. You seem to know more about him than I could find by Googling.

Perhaps you can also track down the full transcript.

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Shaf, I find the (non) reactions to this vid from you and Nuc excedingly disturbing.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Does Pat Robertson represent Christians? There are few nutters everywhere. What MEMRI does is selective representation, it paints a biased, skewed, and stereotypical view. Shaf already showed that in other threads.

Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Egyptian cleric: Jews are a cancer Jan 21, 2012
Thanks for making the point for me. Pat Robertson's comment on the earthquake (similar to what numerous Muslims believe) being highlighted in the news as a "distasteful" comment shows that so-called "ignorant" comments are condemned in the West while the genocidal, Antisemitic Muslims - such as the Egyptian cleric - are given a platform to spew their hatred unchallenged.

Well, not completely unchallenged. Memri helpfully translates their hateful messages and we see the vitriolic response to Memri - not the cleric - from Muslim fundamentalists like you and shafique.

Again, thank you for making a huge point of mine.

What MEMRI does is selective representation, it paints a biased, skewed, and stereotypical view.

Memri doesn't - and doesn't need to - do any of the above. Muslims like yourself do the alleged job of Memri quite well.

Keep carrying water for Jew haters. Prove your own point that the so-called "stereotypes" of Memri are indeed accurate.
event horizon

Flying Dutchman wrote:Shaf, I find the (non) reactions to this vid from you and Nuc excedingly disturbing.

The first thing I wrote in this thread was intentionally to allay any confusion over what my views of Jews, Killing Jews, terrorism etc are. I refer you to the post above.

My reaction to the vid is also clearly stated - i.e. that I wish to see the full transcript and see a verification of the full translation and also Memri's translation.

I also asked you for a reference for where you got your information about the speaker from:
shafique wrote:Any references to check on this guy's credentials and how popular he (and the satellite channel) are. You seem to know more about him than I could find by Googling.

Have you seen the full transcript?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nucleus wrote: What MEMRI does is selective representation, it paints a biased, skewed, and stereotypical view.

It does represent the majority of Muslim posters on DF. Antisemitism in the Muslims world in rife. The availability rate of Mein Kampf and the Protocols is just one reminder. The argument that we should look away (or try to take the focus away to Pat for example), doesn't help, on the contrary.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

^An interesting opinion FD.

My observation is that this view of what Muslims believe is only shared by a select few posters on DF - those who have a desire to wish Memri's spin is accurate. The same small group of people also believe in theories found only on Islamophobic websites.

But I think each story should be judged on their merits. Memri has been guilty of gross misrepresentations and a few gross mistranslations. The main tactic is selective quoting though.

Can you show us that this is not the case here, by providing the full transcript?

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

It doesn't represent majority of muslim posters on DF as Shaf said.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Egyptian Cleric: Jews Are A Cancer Jan 22, 2012
Nucleus wrote:It doesn't represent majority of muslim posters on DF

I beg to differ, for one (nearly) all are hamas-supporters.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

^That is your opinion - and I'll defend your right to express it. Nucleus and I clearly don't share this opinion.

Leaving opinions to one side, do you think that you'll be able to track down the full transcript of this video and can you give me the requested references for this guy and the satellite tv station so that I can at least be as informed about him and the station as you are?

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Who are the active Muslim posters now? Berrin, Rudeboy: clear antisemites. Shaf: an antisemite who endorses antisemitic texts. Nuc: jumping in to defend without regret or remorse the most fierce and open antisemite: Yosef/Symm.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

shafique wrote:Leaving opinions to one side, do you think that you'll be able to track down the full transcript of this video and can you give me the requested references for this guy and the satellite tv station so that I can at least be as informed about him and the station as you are?

At least give me the reference to where you got your info about the guy in the video and the satelite tv station from. I tried Google - it wasn't very helpful, esp on the sat tv station and its popularity etc.

We are not going to agree on your views of who is an anti-semite etc - so let's not go there (and again, I refer you to the first part of my first post in this thread).

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:At least give me the reference to where you got your info about the guy in the video and the satelite tv station from

This is just obfuscation. It's a salafi Egyptian TV channel, which at least in 2011 was received in Holland, so it has quite a reach. The channel airs more of this kind of speech. This obfuscation of both you and Nuc, proves event horizon's point exactly: there is NO Muslim criticism against this kind of vile speech. On top of that, those who do uncover it are villefied.

Why, oh Messenger of Allah? Because these Jews are a cancer. These Jews are a catastrophe. There is not a catastrophe in the world that is not the handiwork of the Jews. These Jews are a cancer in the body of planet Earth, and if permitted, it will spread and infect the entire body. Getting rid of these Jews is a must.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Egyptian Cleric: Jews Are A Cancer Jan 23, 2012
Why is asking for your source of your info after searching on Google 'obfuscation'.

I could not find a reference that said they were 'salafi' or any information about the speaker himself. You seem to have come across some reference, information about the speaker and the tv station.

Just asking for info about who this guy is and the channel is to put the Memri-special into context, not to condone what Memri has presented in any way. That is why I started my first post with the link to the other thread.

Just please share your source of information for the station and the speaker (I asked this in my first post in this thread and have kept on asking).

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

A simple google search for al rahma TV and salafi delivers quite some results. Can't really see how this is relevant, but ok, here is one.

http://www.almasryalyoum.com/en/node/610026

The fatwa, which was delivered during a talk show on Al-Rahma TV, a prominent Salafi channel, has caused controversy among religious scholars.

The channel has quite a reach in Europe it seems and is blocked in Norway and France.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/137003

The French government has ordered a local satellite carrier to halt broadcasts by an Egyptian TV channel due to anti-Semitic content. The carrier, Eutelsat, was told by the French State Audiovisual Council (CSA) this month to block the Al Rahma channel, which it said violated a law prohibiting “incitement to hatred or violence based on religion or nationality.”
The broadcast featured Egyptian Islamic cleric Hazem Shuman exhorting his viewers against Jews: “Your turn has come at last, you offspring of apes and pigs, you most accursed creatures created by Allah, you people who have harmed the Prophet again and again... It has been proven that the Jews are like a cancer – if they are not removed from the body of the nation, they will kill the entire nation.”
The Egyptian media has no shame when it comes to anti-Semitic media portrayals of Jews. Al Rahma has a long history of spreading the most vile anti-Semitic incitement, and the decision taken by France is an important step in combating it,” said Foxman.

“We urge the European Union to follow the French lead and expand the ban to all member states, just as EU regulators did after France took action against Al Manar, Hizbullah's media arm,”

As for Hazem Shuman, when initaiting a google search I get over 40,000 hits. Read them and weap.

I couldn't see any Muslim complaining about him or the channel. But I'll be happy to learn. I also couldn't see any Muslim residing in the UK complaining about him or the channel.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

I looked at the first few pages of the results about Shuman, but I couldn't see anywhere where it talked about who he was or how relevant popular he is. What it did show (strangely) is how popular he is with memri and similar sites.

So, we have one reference to Al Rahma being a 'prominent salfist' channel. That doesn't really help with putting the channel's popularity into context.

I did a search on Al Rahma and Salafist - and found two good links. The first looks at Salafi TV in Egypt and mentions Al Rahma:
http://www.arabmediasociety.com/?article=712

And the second is a wikileaks communique about Salafism in Egypt, quoted in a UK newspaper (quoted in full):
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wikileaks-files/egypt-wikileaks-cables/8327088/SALAFISM-ON-THE-RISE-IN-EGYPT-CAIRO-00000202-001.2-OF-004.html

Neither mention Shuman, but talk of salafism in Egypt being a minority view.

I'd like to know whether this memri-special, therefore, it is the equivalent of Pastor Terry Jones and the Westboro Baptist Church (voiciferous bigots, but not representative) or that Memri isn't up to it's old tricks of just selecting the most extreme examples and not showing the moderating views from the same channels.
i.e. can we be sure this is not an example of:

MEMRI has a tendency to "cleverly cherry-pick the vast Arabic press, which serves 300 million people, for the most extreme and objectionable articles and editorials...On more than one occasion I have seen, say, a bigoted Arabic article translated by MEMRI and when I went to the source on the web, found that it was on the same op-ed page with other, moderate articles arguing for tolerance.

The fact that you can't/won't produce the full transcript makes me a bit reluctant to take memri's spin at face value.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Egyptian cleric: Jews are a cancer Jan 23, 2012
I'd like to know whether this memri-special, therefore, it is the equivalent of Pastor Terry Jones and the Westboro Baptist Church (voiciferous bigots, but not representative) or that Memri isn't up to it's old tricks of just selecting the most extreme examples and not showing the moderating views from the same channels.

The loon's double standards speak volumes.

Memri's website has a mission statement. They are no different from Loonwatch in that they select "extreme" examples. Loonwatch chronicles "Islamophobia" but our resident brain trust doesn't complain about the content of his favorite website.

This is also coming from the nutter who posts a continuous stream of negative stories on Israel - including two recent threads he posted over an Op-ed piece.
event horizon

Re: Egyptian Cleric: Jews Are A Cancer Jan 24, 2012
Double standards? That's rich.

I've been asking from the first post for the full transcript of this particular Memri Special. If Memri was as reputable as Loonwatch, we'd have this by now.

We don't.

I therefore ask again, how can we be sure that this isn't another example of Memri's tactics:
"cleverly cherry-pick the vast Arabic press, which serves 300 million people, for the most extreme and objectionable articles and editorials...On more than one occasion I have seen, say, a bigoted Arabic article translated by MEMRI and when I went to the source on the web, found that it was on the same op-ed page with other, moderate articles arguing for tolerance.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Egyptian Cleric: Jews Are A Cancer Jan 24, 2012
IMHO the chances that he has something nice to say about the jews before or after are very slim to non-existent.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk