Can We Do Something To Open A Library?

Topic locked
Can We do something to open a library? Jul 01, 2010
Hi,

Whenever I visit Dubai ,I wish I could find libraries instead of finding new buildings and malls everywhere.

Can anyone do anything to start a campaign to make the rulers of Dubai realize that there are hundreds of people around who wish to spend their time in aircondition libraries rather than malls.

I am ready to offer my services in this regard.

Please suggest the ways, this dream of mine can come true.

We are spending so much time in criticizing jewish policies, attack on Aid ship,American anti muslim policies in the name of war on terror.I condemn all inhuman activities by jews, American or any other nation but we should also look into our own collars first. What we are giving to the world? Few forums to chat and discuss in leisure.

Do something practically if you want to put your share for the welfare of humanity or muslims. I believe PEN IS MIGHTER THAN THE SWORD.

HEY members,

Journey of thousand miles begins with one single step.

Thinking about a library is just the begining of providing knowledge lovers a platform where they can sit with pride and say that Dubai has more to offer than just buildings. Hotel and malls. Raise your voice for this noble cause.

Thanks

CHEF
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Can We Do Something To Open A Library? Jul 01, 2010
What are you on about mate, There are already many libraries in Dubai.
But glad you finally posted something non food for a change, was getting annoying.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Can We Do Something To Open A Library? Jul 02, 2010
CHEF its a great idea!! and its a shame that we dont have enough libraries which are easy to access. There are some libraries in and around UAE but not that many ppl know their locations..

by the way in todays world, "actions speaker louder than words" and look at 9/11 and what it has done to the world!!

p.s technology has become so advanced that you can get virtual library with e-books!!
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Can We do something to open a library? Jul 02, 2010
I agree with you but if technology can be the substitute than why in Europe, America ,Canada have libraries in every town ? There are virtual Universities and online educational courses also but still we are sending our children to school.

We get home delivery for our lunch and dinners but we prefer to go out and spend some time in a restaurant to eat and enjoy!!!!!!

There are so many other examples but I hope you understand my point.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
CHEF
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Can We do something to open a library? Jul 02, 2010
I blame Google.

Used to be you went to the library to look up something you didn't know about. Now its just a click away.

I personally know of 2 libraries in Dubai: one in Deira in Al Ras near the George Hotel on the Corniche and the other on Jumeirah Beach Road in Umm Suquiem. I am certain there are more.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk