Breivik Goes To Trial

Topic locked
Breivik goes to trial Apr 16, 2012
Norway killer admits massacre but claims self-defence - http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012 ... trial.html

"Anxious to prove he is not insane, Breivik will call right-wing extremists and radical Islamists to testify during the trial, to show that others also share his view of clashing civilizations."

"In a manifesto he published online before the attacks, Breivik wrote that "patriotic resistance fighters" should use trials "as a platform to further our cause.""

Good grief!

kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: Breivik Goes To Trial Apr 16, 2012
Honestly speaking not much difference in his views that the recently departed sad gang over here, only difference is this nutter put his actions behind his words. They all drank from the same watering hole aswell.

I said it before here on the forum that charcters are like Herve are equally dangerous with their twisted, paranoid and bitter views and specially if you combine that with the military background that fool had.

As for the OP I dunno wheter is a good or a bad thing to have a media trial for him, in one way it will highlight how paranoid and delusional he is or will he turn in somekind of martyr or hero for similar sad individuals
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Breivik Goes To Trial Apr 17, 2012
That's true, but the world media will still be reporting on the trial, which essentially still gives him a platform.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

kanelli wrote:"Anxious to prove he is not insane, Breivik will call right-wing extremists and radical Islamists to testify during the trial, to show that others also share his view of clashing civilizations."

A terrible call from Breivik.. Breivik's motivies of attack differs from muslims radicals'. Muslims become radicalise not due to dislike of multiculturalism but becouse of oppression and wars against muslims and invation of their countries...

I kinda believe that Breivik was brain washed to realize Samuel Huntingtons's prophecy for clash of civiliasations as this was the political theory amongst the western academics and government circles which is absolute nonsense in my opinion. We are not created to clash with eachother, but to maximise our abilities to advance ourselves and help one another as it is stated by our creator...

O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things). Quran 49:13
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

kanelli wrote:"Anxious to prove he is not insane, Breivik will call right-wing extremists and radical Islamists to testify during the trial, to show that others also share his view of clashing civilizations."

Not a good move on those who "testify". Nothing like putting yourself under the watchful eyes of those fighting terrorism. :D
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

The Guardian reports that the far right, anti-Muslim groups are on the increase as Brievik went to trial:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/ap ... CMP=twt_gu

The line he's taking that it was 'self defense' is a bizare twist for me - admitting to the bombings and killings, but not expressing any sorrow is just twisted. It will be interesting to see how long the trial takes...

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:The line he's taking that it was 'self defense'

Defending himself from what? Was he faced a life threatening situation? Does self-defense have a whole different meaning in Breivik's country?

Sounds like the Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman case going on in the States right now. The only difference is that there is a Stand Your Ground law in Florida and Zimmerman was using it to defend himself for murdering a 17 year old black boy.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

I read today that he's received two psych assessments, one says he's sane, the other says he isn't.

Even if he brings other extremists to testify about clashing civilizations or whatever nonsense, hopefully the court will require that they also receive psych assessments! What a circus if they have a bunch of mentally ill people using the trial as a platform for their delusions and hatred.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Can't deny a trial to anyone, imo. But reality is different, in the end 95% (my conservative figure) want a better life rather than conflicts: job, friends, family, etc... and I hope majority of people see that. Perhaps there should be more programs to bring people together.

But there are some people who are good at starting conflicts (pitting people against other) , for example:

I hope history doesn't repeat itself.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Breivik Goes To Trial Apr 19, 2012
I see from the news that Brievik thought that he'd only have a 5% survival chance and started planning a suicide mission in 2006!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-17766404

So, he expected to be a far right, Islamphobic sucide terrorist. :roll:

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sad thing is under normal Norway law, he could only face 14 to 21 years in prison. Although he is demanding either he be sent free or sentenced to death
desertdudeshj

kanelli wrote:Even if he brings other extremists to testify about clashing civilizations or whatever nonsense, hopefully the court will require that they also receive psych assessments! What a circus if they have a bunch of mentally ill people using the trial as a platform for their delusions and hatred.

I really don't think it would help his defense unless he has a judge and a jury panel that are as extreme as the people he plans on bringing in. Why would an extremist want that kind of exposure?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

If he get convicted and I have no doubt he will, he can look forward to spending upto 21 years here :?

desertdudeshj

Re: Breivik goes to trial Apr 19, 2012
A great prison for those who have a good chance of being rehabilitated. I highly doubt Breivik would end up in that prison because of what he did, and the influence he can have on other prisoners. It still remains to be seen if he'll end up in the loony bin or not.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: Breivik Goes To Trial Apr 22, 2012
Bora Bora wrote:I really don't think it would help his defense unless he has a judge and a jury panel that are as extreme as the people he plans on bringing in. Why would an extremist want that kind of exposure?
He is deluded, just shows what hate can do. Saddest part is he shows no remorse for what he has done.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Breivik Goes To Trial Apr 23, 2012
I was reading that Breivik was criticizing that too many men are feminized - they do things like cook and cry. (Oh no!) We can add male chauvinist to the list of things wrong with him. :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

:shock:

He spent a year playing video games in practice - that tells me he isn't the sociable type. He's probably got mommy issues too. Shame we have fewer internet psychologists around these days. ;)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:Shame we have fewer internet psychologists around these days.
lol
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Breivik Goes To Trial Apr 24, 2012
Don't tell you're missing your pet trolls shaf ?
desertdudeshj

No way! :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

:)

I think I might be going through troll withdrawal symptoms. :) :)

Another nugget from Brievik:
“But because I am a militant nationalist, I am being subjected to grave racism,” he said. “They are trying to delegitimize everything I stand for.”

:shock:

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk