Are Women Asking For It?

Topic locked
Re: Are Women Asking For It? Feb 26, 2012
Bora Bora wrote:Do you really want to open that door BM? I really don't want to go through it but I will if that's what you are looking for I'll consider it. In spite of us falling out, if someone, friend or foe, said anything offensive about your daughters, I would highly object to it.

And just for the record. I told you in a pm that if anyone said anything distasteful about you I would tell them to stop in no uncertain terms. No-one has ever said anything distasteful about you to me, not even Herve because at the end of the day, he is a gentleman!

Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Bethsmum ,

What are you going to do next, stick your tongue out at me??

--- Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:29 pm ---

Bethsmum wrote:And just for the record. I told you in a pm that if anyone said anything distasteful about you I would tell them to stop in no uncertain terms. No-one has ever said anything distasteful about you to me, not even Herve because at the end of the day, he is a gentleman!

But it's OK to say something about my husband. Got it!!!

Ask me if I care?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:What are you going to do next, stick your tongue out at me??

Is that your best shot?

--- Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:30 pm ---

Bora Bora wrote:Ask me if care?

I can't be ar$ed to be honest
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:Is that your best shot?

It's just something I'm expecting you to do.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:But it's OK to say something about my husband. Got it!!!

You've changed your post, it's hard to keep up. I didn't read anything about your husband. I must have missed it.
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:I can't be ar$ed to be honest

Never were ar$ed to begin with now that I see your true colors.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:It's just something I'm expecting you to do.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Have you been on the pop?
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:You've changed your post, it's hard to keep up. I didn't read anything about your husband. I must have missed it.

Sure you did. I guess you don't know an innuendo when you read one. No problem.

--- Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:34 pm ---

Bethsmum wrote:I have no idea what you are talking about. Have you been on the pop?

Bethsmum ,

Cute.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:Never were ar$ed to begin with now that I see your true colors.

Well it appears that if you don't like what is written you take the horrors. For me, I can agree to disagree and I don't throw my teddy out of the pram. I guess that's the difference between you and me.

--- Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:36 pm ---

Bora Bora wrote:Sure you did. I guess you don't know an innuendo when you read one. No problem.

Have you considered you may be paranoid? Just a thought.

--- Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:36 pm ---

Bethsmum

This thread is destined to be a fight club classic.

Don't mind me though - carry on. :D

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

[quote="Bethsmum"]Have you considered you may be paranoid? Just a thought.

Of course I am. Along with delusional, and I have a wild imagination!!!! Doesn't everyone that doesn't agree with you or you don't like suffer from those symptoms??
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:Of course I am. Along with delusional, and I have a wild imagination!!!! Doesn't everyone that doesn't agree with you or you don't like suffer from those symptoms??

Sorry for the delay in replying, Cardiff have just scored against Liverpool and I had to put the tea on. Where were we? Oh yes! No. I agree to disagree with my friends on a daily basis.
Just ask my friend Zonker :D

--- Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:44 pm ---

shafique wrote:Don't mind me though - carry on.

I excuse you on a regular basis
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote: I agree to disagree with my friends on a daily basis.Just ask my friend Zonker

Gosh, it's hard to keep up with with you. One day friend, next day foe, next day friend.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:Gosh, it's hard to keep up with with you. One day friend, next day foe, next day friend.

Lovers tiff :D
Bethsmum

ssooo....why do women dress like that then. It;s a good questioon that's boggled my mind for as long as i can remember, I dont really complain most of the time but sumtimes its annoying like when they wear beach clothing in mid winter and they're freezing.... they try not to show they'r freezing but i know they are freezing and i jus think whhyyy ! why this torture?

I did ask a girl bout it once and yes she did say it was for attention or as she put it 'If you've got it, flaunt it ' :P
....but any other input wud be appreciated :)
tony89
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

tony89 wrote:ssooo....why do women dress like that then. It;s a good questioon that's boggled my mind for as long as i can remember, I dont really complain most of the time but sumtimes its annoying like when they wear beach clothing in mid winter and they're freezing.... they try not to show they'r freezing but i know they are freezing and i jus think whhyyy ! why this torture?

It's not appropriate to wear beach clothes around the Walk on JBR, I feel, tony, but apart from the cultural thing, I think it's up to the female what clothes she chooses or not to wear and when.
The girls in the north of England, for instance, are as hard as nails and do not feel the cold. Therefore they wear little clothing in the mid winter. I can remember doing this myself in years gone by. It's a fact of life that kids do not feel the cold. By wondering why girls wear little clothing, we are showing our age. More power to them, I say.
Bethsmum

shafique wrote:But let's not get in the way of FD having a go at Bora's family... ing behaviour when someone loses an argument and has to resort to making such remarks

Poking your nose constantly where it is none of your business. Little manipulator. What was the discussion we had in this thread, fornication. My argument was that lashes for unmarried pregnant women is abuse, you donot seem to think so. And you claim I lost that argument. Right.....If I ever needed a reason for not becoming Muslim it´s just that, the inhumanity of it all. How can somebody in his/her right head claim that lashing unmarried pregnant women is what a just god wants. I have my own ethics, and those say lashes for fornicators is wrong, plain and simple! Amen and hallelulah!
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Where did FD attack bora's husband?
event horizon

Bethsmum wrote:So that shoots down your theory Zonker.

Well it certainly does BM! :lol: :oops:
zonker
BANNED

From what I gather here:

Seriously. Clueless. And that from a woman. I would have thought women takes rape seriously. Why dont you go to tahrir square, see if you will remain clueless.

BB´s husband is Egyptian, and my referral to Tahir square I think was taken by BB as a sneer to her husband. It was not meant as such, and I later on even apologized if it was taken the wrong way. She went banana´s.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Are Women Asking For It? Feb 27, 2012
Bethsmum , Kids do not feel the cold....really? I don't think that's entirely true now. But nyways women can choose to wear what they want and they may not feel the cold and be it JBR or Times Square. Qs is why do they choose to wear revealing-type clothes? I see dresses are getting smaller and smaller by the day. Is it just an extra measure to attract men? Or are the girls just following the 'trend' and oblivious to what reasons designers and trend-setters have to justify this lack-of-clothing-fashion? Talking bout trend-setters, do you think hollywood and such industries and 'stars' have nything to do with it? Maybe the ' tv-girls' are attracting viewers, normal girls look at 'tv-girls' and think thats the way to go....hmmm....Fashion just kills me !
tony89
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Are women asking for it? Feb 27, 2012

What do you think? Does he have a point?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

The murderer is responsible for the murder, as much as the rapist is responsible for the rape.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Well done FD - every once in a while you post a one-liner that I can totally agree with.

Chappelle still has a good point though - and he's not advocating rape or any type of abuse.

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

tony89 wrote:Kids do not feel the cold....really? I don't think that's entirely true now. But nyways women can choose to wear what they want and they may not feel the cold and be it JBR or Times Square

There is A BIG BIG difference between JBR and Times Square, i take it that you mean Times Square in NYC?
I'm a big believer in respecting the local culture and my daughter would not go to Dubai Mall (for instance) in shorts.
She does not feel the cold, as I didn't when I was 16. I never wore a coat and I don't insist she does either. I trust she can venture onto the streets of my country without the threat of being approached by some old man.

--- Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:09 am ---

shafique ,

Hoes uniform? I didn't even go to your link. Freak
Bethsmum

Aah I was just about to talk bout that....Malls in Dubai. I appreciate your motive to respect the local culture but alot of women clearly don't and I don't think all of them just want to defy the local traditions, I think they have some strong belief in what they are doing. Or maybe no one cares about courtesy anymore, if it aint punishable, it aint my problem sort of thinking. :P
But it clearly says everywhere about the mall to wear respectul clothing and im probably the only one to stop and read the notice which clearly elaborates: cover yourself till the knees and shoulders. Just a couple of days back i saw a girl with a micro-skirt and knee-high boots, i wondered if tht would do it :P
So why can't they just do what they've been asked to do?

As for th JBR, Times Square thing. I jus meant before you leave your house which could be anywhere in the world, you look at your closet and you've got say a pair of jeans and a shirt and say a miniskirt and a tube top. what would you choose and if you you choose the miniskirt and tubetop, why?
Most of the youger girls would choose that cuz they wanna look 'hot' infront of thier friends( which could also not include guys), whatever that means. But I also know some older girls, married girls wearing such clothes and i wonder if they wanna look 'hot' too, i really don't think they are out to hunt guys. So what's the deal with you women !
Someone explain to me :P

BTW Dave Chappelle is fukin hilarious shafique...and yes he does have a point. :P
tony89
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

shafique wrote:Chappelle still has a good point though

What was the point? That if a man thinks a woman is dressed as a whore, then what?
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

....then he gets confused, is she or is she not a whore.

--- Feb 27, 2012 ---

watch the video, maybe you'll get it :P
tony89
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

tony89 wrote:....then he gets confused, is she or is she not a whore.

That´s the mans problem, not the womans problem, and there is probably something very wrong with his upbringing and his view of women. Or am I missing something? And if the man thinks she is a ´whore´, then what? Does it give him some right to treat her as a ´whore´ is his mind set. What is the point?

I remember another vid of Dave posted on DF, where he piece by piece explained how to penetrate a monkey, I didn´t find that funny. Others however were laughing their a$$ off.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

I'm all for respecting the culture of the place I happen to be at the time. If that is an islamic state then I'm all for covering up. I make sure my youngest daughter is aware of who she may offend when she ventures out of the house. I've never had a problem in Dubai and neither has any of my daughters.

When we are at home in the UK my daughter dresses how she wants to. If she wants to wear a pair of shorts when it is 0c then so be it. She doesn't have a boyfriend and doesn't seem bothered about one either. She is a very attractive intelligent young lady and dresses to please herself. She is not a whore and any man that would think that she is because she wears shorts is very sad. I can only imagine they aren't getting any at home.
Bethsmum

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk