Wireless

Topic locked
Wireless Aug 11, 2012
Hi, I have just moved into a villa in JVT and have internet via DU. I am having real problems trying to configure my Sitecom wireless router. Can someone help please???

Thanks in advance

Taffymanc
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Wireless Aug 31, 2012
On the back of the router there will most likely be some sort of reset switch, hold that down untill the router has completely reset (usually have to hold it down for about 10 seconds) and then proceed to set it up as usual. If that doesn't work then try going to the Sitecom Channel on youtube where they have a video on setting up your router.
ErikTheGenius
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Wireless Sep 06, 2012
maneef , Yea kind of. Except I have had to also buy an extender to put upstairs as the signal is rubbish. The guy in E Max siad its because the walls of the villa are so thick the signals cant get through..................not the only thing which is thick me thinks!!
Taffymanc
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Wireless Sep 28, 2012
For once the guy in the store is right, thick walls will absolutely destroy your signal strength.
ErikTheGenius
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Wireless Feb 09, 2013
I see this was posted a while ago now and I assume you have got your setup sorted out.

I had the same problem, I installed a good wireless router downstairs but found that the signal upstairs was very poor, just down to the thick concrete walls and floors.

I have a computer desk upstairs on the landing and I found the quickest/cheapest solution was just to plug the computer upstairs into the RJ45 socket in the wall and connect via ethernet rather than wifi.

There's many other solutions but of course they will all cost money!

All the best, Dave.
DNCUK
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Wireless Feb 12, 2013
Dave, thanks for your advise.

I have done exactly the same as you mate and have my office on the landing upstairs.

I put a wireless router upstairs and that is connected to the main router and that seems to work now.

Thanks again

Mike
Taffymanc
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Wireless Nov 15, 2013
I need help with my sitecom wirless router 300N.

I am staying in Dubailand and our provider is DU.

DU unfortunately does not give routers to their customers so i have to buy one.

I am able to connect wirelessly but it is saying local only. I can not connect the internet.

I tried troubleshooting and resseting etc. but its still not working.

I also tried calling DU customer service but they are just not helping.

Can anyone help me?
Chimpey
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Wireless Nov 16, 2013
Chimpey , you say you can connect to your router wirelessly but its is saying 'local only', so it sounds like the router is not connected to the internet.

You need to log in to your router and look at the setup, it should tell you in the manual how to access the router setup pages. On most routers this is done via your internet browser by typing 192.168.0.1 into the address bar.

Have you tried contacting du customer service via their email address? Customer.Care@du.ae

Good luck, Dave.
DNCUK
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Wireless Nov 20, 2013
Hi Dave!

What username and password should i write on 192.168.0.1 page?
The router name and WAP password? Or Should i get the UN and PW from DU?

Thank you so much!
Chimpey
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Wireless Nov 20, 2013
Hi Chimpey

The page at 192.168.0.1 is the login page to access the setup of your Sitecom router it is nothing to do with Du.

For Sitecom routers the login should be as follows:

Username: admin

Password: admin

I hope this helps! All the best, Dave.
DNCUK
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk