Slow Bittorrent

Topic locked
Slow Bittorrent Mar 24, 2007
Is it just me or has Bittorrent really slowed down over the last few weeks. I was getting decent downloads rates of 100kbs but now i only seem to get 1 or 2kbs at most.

I am using a DIC 2Mbit connection

I know my router and macbook is setup correctly etc, with the required ports open

rAMrAID
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 24, 2007
BitTorrent is pretty much normal. For me, its my online gaming which has been FCUKED UP for the past 1 week, its been lagging quite a lot for me
hitender_s
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 25, 2007
Have you been hammered?

Hammered = fake torrent trackers/servers (e.g. RIAA, anti p2p, recording studios, security companies, etc) will keep bombing you once they detect that you're downloading pirated files (which 99.99% are). Sometimes it lasts several days even you've exit your torrent client. This will slow your connection. It's a matter of time until the ISP will detect and ban totally p2p ;)

Try to put PeerGuardian2 and enable encryption in your torrent client (e.g. uTorrent). It should reduce greatly, making it more difficult to ban, and keep your transfer fast (given the file you're downloading has many seeders/leechers, and the port forwarding is not blocked by firewall/proxy).
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk