MIRC Running Too Slow

Topic locked
mIRC running too slow Aug 10, 2008
Hey, I know about the censorship that's going on here, so i was wondering, are they somehow blocking mIRC ? I do get to connect to some servers, but but the lag that i get is huge and it's basically impossible to stay connected. I can't use it properly although i have a 2MB internet connection (yes, Etisalat). My downloads are fine (260 kb/s), but mIRC is extremely slow..
How about you?

julien7
Dubai Forum Guest

Aug 10, 2008
Umm.. I am not very familiar with the mIRC.. but let me try and help you out.. hopefully one of my solutions would hit its target... well.. its not like you've got anything to lose... do you?
Ok.. so solution # 1.. are you using the later version of mIRC? the latest verion is mIRC 6.34, and you can download it from this link:
http://www.mirc.com/get.html

Solution # 2.. did you try to make Potforwarding?? I had the same issue with my torrent (Utorrent).. it was DEAD SLOW.. and now I can see 100 kb/s almost all the time after doing the Portforwarding..

So give these 2 solutions a try and let us know which one worked up with you.. if any..
Biohazard
Dubai Forum Visitor

Nithing wrong with your speed Aug 10, 2008
Etisalat techincal department have informed me one of their international internet cables are down causing a 50% to even a complete halt with Internet access.....from time to time....place to place...

Matter will be resolved hopefully this month.

Upgrading ur speed wont help you...

And yes...it has not been anounced on the news
guest999

Aug 10, 2008
hey again, thanks for the answers. I was already using the latest client of IRC. I tried that port-forwarding thingy using the tutorial i found on portforward.com, but there are no changes, although i'm not perfectly sure i did everything right. They say the name of the rule has to be "mIRCChat1", so i don't understand how could this communicate afterwards with my mirc.exe :oops:
I also did a clean reinstall of my Windows XP and searched undernet.org forum for a solution. None worked.
And i don't think it's because of that cable being down. As I said, my downloads are fine and steady at 260 kb/s, even got 5 MB/s for a couple of minutes :lol: . Firefox works fine, YM works fine, everything works fine. Except for mIRC. I thought that maybe Etisalat somehow blocks mIRC by making it run slow and determine you to abandon it. In one's point of view mIRC could also be seen as one of those dating sites banned by Etisalat.
Anyway, thanks for helping. Is there someone at whom mIRC is running great? :roll:
julien7
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk