Al Shamil Disconnects On Netgear Modem Router

Topic locked
Al Shamil disconnects on Netgear Modem Router Sep 24, 2008
Hi All

I use netgear modem +router DG834GT to connect to my Al Shamil. My previous DSL connection with etisalat was 256kbps and it used PPPoA as connection type and I never faced any problems.

I closed that connection and took new 512kbps connection with etisalat. This new DSL uses PPPoE connection type. It is only with PPPoE connection that this modem/router disconnects after working for approx. 2 hours. I have replaced it with Wired modem which is now working continuously for the last 3 days without single dropping of line.

I have tried Setup wizard without the hard reset and it detects PPPoA connection and incorrect values of VPI and VCI (whereas as per my ISP VPI=0 and VCI=50 is what I need to enter). After the setup wizard is through with its settings, the internet stops completely.

So I changed it back to PPPoE, VPI=0, VCI=50, multiplexing method= LLC based, modulation = multi mode, NAT enabled, Internet IP address = get dynamically from ISP, DNS address = get dynamically from ISP, Idle timeout=0. With these settings it works - BUT DISCONNECTS after every 2 hours.

Can some one please help

bavvy
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk