Modem Router Configution Problem.. Help Pls..

Topic locked
Modem Router Configution problem.. Help pls.. May 12, 2009
Helo Guys,....

just want to consult on my problem with my Linksys WAG300N Modem Router... the thing is, i cant get it connected to the internet..
what i followed was some configuration found in etisalat tech site..
set the configuration but cant get that connection...

anybody who has an idea or has resolved same prob?, please advice me with this....

thank you..

ALLAN

ALLANO
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

May 12, 2009
Default settings of router are fine. Just have to change the following.

Encapsulation:
PPoE / PPoA (Call 101, give them your internet username, and they will tell you which one applies to your area)

Qos Type: UBR

Multiplexing: LLC

Virtual Circuit:
VPI: 0
VCI: 50

Rest dont have to change.
guest999

Jul 11, 2009
There is a small hole on the back of them that if you hold in for 30 seconds it will reset to factory settings. It's tiny and you need a paper clip or something similiar to hold it in. Have everything connected then power up. You can not set it using wireless. You have to have an ethernet cable to configure it. After that you can go wireless if you enable that option. Always power it up before your laptop. Then type in 192.168.0.1 into your web browser. Then hit enter. This will bring you to the router. Usually admin and admin for both user name and password should let you into setup page. Select auto on your connection type and see if that will work. You might have to click enable DHCP also as this allows the router to give out IP address's which your computer will need to go on the internet. (It's on the same page near bottom). Then make sure you click on save at bottom of page. That's about the best I can do for you way over here in Canada. Actually came here to post some land I have for sale. Heard you guys/girls have all the cashola over there. lol
Here's the link to my listing.

http://ca.ebid.net/perl/auction.cgi?auc ... mo=auction
canuckbid
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk