Which District To Live In?

Topic locked
Which district to live in? Mar 21, 2006
I will be coming to work in Dubai in a couple of months time and will need to find an apartment. I am not sure which districts I should be looking in and although the process will be much simpler once I am in Dubai it would be helpful if I can narrow down the search.

I am a single male coming from the UK, looking for a one bed apartment. I don't want to share (other than with a supermodel) so this is not an option. Ideally I would like to be in a development with facilities such as a pool and gym and popular with other expats because this might give me a better chance of meeting people and will mean that I won't need to join a country club. I will be working in sheikh zayed road near to the Emirates Tower. Initially I won't be planning to have a car although may have to reconsider so somewhere which would offer me easy access to the office.

Budget I think would be around 50-80k per annum. Can you please give me an idea of the neighbourhoods which I might want to think about living in and their advantages/disadvantages, and also what I might be able to get for my budget and I can start looking online.

Gordon
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 22, 2006
My vote for you would be SZR, you could walk to work and all buildings have the facilities you are looking for, also there is quite a good mix of expats around. You should be able to find a 1br for 80ish.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum