Whats The Best Way To Approach This?

Topic locked
Whats the best way to approach this? May 23, 2006
Hi all,

Just wanting some advice - if I get the job Im applying for then I will be moving to Dubai. My gf is keen to come along but she works as a freelance makeup artist - how easy is it for someone to work freelance in Dubai? Can they get a visa to work without being sponsored by a company?

The only alternative I can see is that she leaves the country every 60 days to return on a refreshed visitors visa each time.

Does anyone have any good ideas of how best to approach this?

Thanks
Andrew

ajb
Dubai chat master

May 23, 2006
hehe well you can get married to her and then sponsor her .. looool :wink:
well I do know some freelancers .. but usually they are sponsored by the place they are working in .. and they do freelancing in their free time .. what she can do .. is come down here .. and talk to some beauty salons .. where she can work on a 50/50 basis but they would be providing the visa .. this might take some time ..
hope this somehow gives a vague idea :)
Unresolved
Dubai Expat Wannabe

May 23, 2006
It is illegal to work whilst on a visit visa.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Whats the best way to approach this? May 23, 2006
ajb wrote:My gf is keen to come along but she works as a freelance makeup artist - how easy is it for someone to work freelance in Dubai? Can they get a visa to work without being sponsored by a company

Media City? I think its 8k dhs to get a freelance license. Can't remember if that includes a desk.

Alternatively, come here on a visit visa initially while investigating what options you have and prefer to get set up.
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

May 23, 2006
arniegang wrote:It is illegal to work whilst on a visit visa.

Still, many do so.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 23, 2006
Erm, sorry to be a spoil sport - but what has all this got to do with romance?? Unless this is your idea of romance - getting your girlfriend a work permit?? :lol:
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 23, 2006
Good point and well spotted Zoots

:oops:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 23, 2006
Transferred to the correct forum.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 24, 2006
Sorry thanks for relocating this post .... but hey it has alot to do with romance ....... if my gf doesnt come with me my romance levels will take a serious dive!! lol

Freelance license sounds like the way to go I will check it out. So Im assuming that if there is a media city that there is plenty of fashion media (print/tv/shows etc)?
ajb
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum