Thinking Of Moving To Dubai.

Topic locked
thinking of moving to Dubai. Feb 22, 2008
I am currently residing in Toronto, Canada. I am looking to purchase property in Dubai. Here is the help I need (please):
(1) What is the best location to purchase a 2 bedroom complex... we are looking to save some money... should we purchase in Dubai, or the out-skirts of Dubai or look for a property in Sharjah. We do have a limited budget.

(2) which location will give us the best return in-case we want to sell the property in one year or so.

I've been reading alot in these forums, and it seems like the current developers are behind schedule. Can anyone recommend some websites that rank developers ( I have been unsuccessful in sourcing this info).

OrangeClub
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: thinking of moving to Dubai. Feb 22, 2008
OrangeClub wrote: We do have a limited budget.

Stay in Canada unless your "budget" is 1 million US dollars - seriously.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 08, 2008
Yes a decent 2-bedroom apartment in a good location would cost you around US$800K to US$1.0m, the locations being either Burj Dubai or Dubai Marina. But CAD is quite high now so can take advantage of this.

The top developers here include Emaar Properties, Dubai Properties and Nakheel, but Emaar is well recognized as the premium developer by a long way... one of my friends who work for Nakheel recently bought an Emaar apartment, so that would give you an idea about the quality variance.

Good luck with your search.
shaq
Dubai Forums Member

Re: thinking of moving to Dubai. Mar 08, 2008
Concord wrote:
OrangeClub wrote: We do have a limited budget.

Stay in Canada unless your "budget" is 1 million US dollars - seriously.

I disagree. You can get a villa cheaper than an apartment. These developers are fkd when it comes to their pricing. I was looking at apartments, then went pro-villa. If you are earning a decent wage here, a villa is very do-able, at around 5-600K CAD. Compared to the poop you would get back in Vancouver it is more affordable, but the key is to have doubled your wage living here escaping the tax man.

One million CAD=about 4 million+ AED in the property market after factoring in GST, RE fees, property transfer tax, etc. For 4 million AED you can get a great place Conversely, you can buy a P.O.S. @ International City for 100K CAD.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Mar 09, 2008
property is cheap in shj compared to dubai and theres always good old international city. its pretty cheap but i reckon its price will go up once the new sports city is up, the new media and internet city up and running.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 09, 2008
:lol: i assume your post shall say and will further go down as soon as Phase 2 will be launched
all crap anyways
M!
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum