Salary Offer

Topic locked
salary offer Nov 03, 2006
hey guys, i supposed to be offered a job in dubai as a broad casting manager,and really would like to know the market average for such a position in Dubai to be able to evaluate the offer properly.

Highly appreciating the help.

Thanks,

Maged

maged samy
Dubai Forum Guest

Nov 03, 2006
I am not in the industry, but i know some members here are they will probably give you better idea.

However if you post your offer here we can surely tell you if it will be good enough for you. Also make sure to include how many family members you will be supporting and what type/size of accommodation you would like to have.

Good luck !
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 04, 2006
hi
i got an offer for 5000 USD per month not including any benefits
so i will have to pay for everything out of this salary
i have a wife and a 2 years old child
i'd like a 170 meter average appartment

thanks
regards
maged samy
Dubai Forum Guest

Nov 04, 2006
hmm they have to give you medical insurance and tickets for you and your family back home every two years. Thats the law. So it cant be no benefits.

If you are looking for a two bedroom in Dubai at the moment your talking about 2500 dollars a month at the least. Now you have a wife and a kid to support thats going to be quite tight.

I am not sure where you will be moving from and what sort of standards you have in terms of quality of life. But personally i wouldn't accept this. But also i don't know whats the market for your industry is.

I think they need to add a housing allowance to that 5K of about 2 or 3K and then you should be much better off. I am assuming your wife wont be working btw, if she will be working and bringing in 2 or 3K you might be okay then.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 04, 2006
thanks for your help
maged samy
Dubai Forum Guest

Nov 04, 2006
MaaaD wrote:hmm they have to give you medical insurance and tickets for you and your family back home every two years. Thats the law. So it cant be no benefits.

If you are looking for a two bedroom in Dubai at the moment your talking about 2500 dollars a month at the least. Now you have a wife and a kid to support thats going to be quite tight.

I am not sure where you will be moving from and what sort of standards you have in terms of quality of life. But personally i wouldn't accept this. But also i don't know whats the market for your industry is.

I think they need to add a housing allowance to that 5K of about 2 or 3K and then you should be much better off. I am assuming your wife wont be working btw, if she will be working and bringing in 2 or 3K you might be okay then.

Some Companies are offering all in packages including Medical Tickets etc.
This is most definately something you would need in writing.
if 5000 us is the offer all inclusive you will struggle to survive here.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 04, 2006
5000 US is 18k Aed a month or 216k a year.

A two bedroom flat will set you back around or over 90k a year at the moment, depending on where you want to live - Diera you may get for 75 if you look hard, Marina and your talking 120k +

Push for accommadation allowance - the rental market is plain banana's here and going up by the month.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Nov 06, 2006
thanks u all for ur help, but i need to know the average salary for this position so that i can negotiate.
maged samy
Dubai Forum Guest

Nov 06, 2006
Not that many Broadcasting Management Positions around so average salaries difficult to state.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 06, 2006
maged samy wrote:thanks u all for ur help, but i need to know the average salary for this position so that i can negotiate.

Constantine might be able to help get you that figure. pm him. he is out of town now so he might be a bit slow on responding.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum