Rent A Car Or Just Keep Taxies And Bus !!?

Topic locked
Rent a Car or just keep Taxies and Bus !!? Feb 09, 2008
hi evrybody!
I'll visit Dubai For ten Days, my objectif there, isn't vacation, but get the maximum of proffessionels contacts in that 10 days, all my rendez-vous is in DUBAI, So:
-should i use taxies and bus , or it's better for renting a car. . just notice that i'll not stop turing for the est to west, north and south.i'll visit all DUBAI.(and we'r two person).
-How much it cost renting a simple car.(is there GazOil car for renting)?!
-How much the fuel is costing there?!
Thx very much!

crazyosachou
Dubai Forum Guest

Feb 10, 2008
Get taxis and/or a private driver
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 10, 2008
Get a taxi.... You'll both speak the same language so you should be fine.
craigindubai
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 10, 2008
Taxi. saves you time..since nobody knows when RTA will open/close streets anytime anywhere...
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 10, 2008
reviewer wrote:Taxi. saves you time..since nobody knows when RTA will open/close streets anytime anywhere...

You will lose that time and more just waiting for taxis in some parts of town
Dubaidude007
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 10, 2008
Taxi. Navigation is very difficult for a newcomer / tourist, traffic jams a nightmare, and parking difficult in congested areas.

What scarlet said is a good idea, especially since finding taxis is not always easy. Not sure where you'd start though. Perhaps one of the advertisers on the Dubai car share site (private taxis/drivers masquerade as car pool offerers - look for the ones that say anywhere / new car / etc).

Note that private taxi services are common but illegal (and sometimes passsengers get fined).

Another option is to ask your hotel if they can arrange one, or ask rental car company for driver.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Feb 10, 2008
Does anyone know how much is to rent a car with a driver?
Cristin
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 10, 2008
You can rent some cars for about AED 100 a day. Not really sure about a driver though.
As for taxis, I would advise against it. First you would have a hard time finding one in the first place, and second is that it might actually cost you the same or more depending on how active you will be. Plus with a rented car you will be able to use it freely whenever you want. A 10 km trip by taxi with moderate traffic will cost you about AED 15 - 20.
MC
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 11, 2008
i would rent a car,, save the time waiting for the taxi,, seriously its so hard to get taxis even if you reserve at the call center
studstar
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 11, 2008
Seriously guys - how is a first time visitor going to find there way around in a rental car? I fhe is staying at a hotel then taxis are easy. if he is visiting local sites/malls etc then a taxi is easy.

OP just don't try and get a taxi between 7am and 9am or between 5 and 7pm. If you're serious I have the contact for a private driver in a nice lexus that will give you 4 hour blocks for around 250dhs.
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 11, 2008
I am coming to live in Dubai in June and will probably need to get a taxi to take me to work each day (as I don't drive) - was planning on staying somewhere near the marina - probably working in academic city - on reading this e-mail this sounds like it will be difficult or can I just go to a hotel and ask them to oder one or order a taxi to my apartment.
suncoast
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 12, 2008
Marina to Academic city - 40 minutes maybe 60dhs each way
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 12, 2008
thnaks scarlet but how easy will it be to get a taxi each morning!!!
suncoast
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 12, 2008
suncoast wrote:thnaks scarlet but how easy will it be to get a taxi each morning!!!

I live in the marina and have reliable taxis who take me to the gym most days.
pm me for number
gezza
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 12, 2008
suncoast wrote:thnaks scarlet but how easy will it be to get a taxi each morning!!!

Getting a cab to academic city wouldnt be a big issue.. but God help u on the return trip.. Its almost impossible to find a cab anywhere in Academic city?? (still not even a village..its a deserted place with some colleges n govt offices n constructions goin on. When silicon oasis starts functioning to its potential n all those hotels n malls come up then we can call it a city.. :D)
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Its Feb 12, 2008
okay work has drivers so they can take me home!
suncoast
Dubai Forum Visitor

when is Feb 12, 2008
silicon oasis due to start functioning?
suncoast
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum