Rent Car..

Topic locked
rent car.. Mar 18, 2008
hi, i still need help..
Does anybody know where I can rent a car? I got mi driving license 4 days ago and I don’t have any license from mi home country, most car rentals require that you have a license at least 6 months. Need help!!

fabbe
Dubai Forum Guest

Mar 19, 2008
That's going to be quite tough I think.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 19, 2008
For the Rent-A-Car companies... you are like a suicide bomb :D just kidding..

i dont understand this concept... you get a new driving licence, you can't buy a car coz insurance companies will not insure your car because you are less than 6 months... or they will triple the insurance cost.

Rent a car companies will not rent you a car coz you should have 6-months driving licence as well!!!

the only hope you have is use a friend to do so... any of your friends hire the car for you to drive it. this is how all my friends do it.

so good luck
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Mar 19, 2008
I noticed the other day at Le Marche in Arabian Ranches that there is some fool looking to rent their car privately for 1500 per month. They put a picture of it and a phone number on the notice board. Sounds nuts to me, but there you go.

Wish I could tell you the #, but this should be a good enough tip. Guess you'll have to grab a cab or the "loser cruiser" to get there, though.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Mar 19, 2008
dubaidog wrote:I noticed the other day at Le Marche in Arabian Ranches that there is some fool looking to rent their car privately for 1500 per month. They put a picture of it and a phone number on the notice board. Sounds nuts to me, but there you go.

Wish I could tell you the #, but this should be a good enough tip. Guess you'll have to grab a cab or the "loser cruiser" to get there, though.

How would this pan out if you had an accident, surely it is not legal?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 19, 2008
sage & onion wrote:
dubaidog wrote:I noticed the other day at Le Marche in Arabian Ranches that there is some fool looking to rent their car privately for 1500 per month. They put a picture of it and a phone number on the notice board. Sounds nuts to me, but there you go.

How would this pan out if you had an accident, surely it is not legal?

I have no idea. Someone is genuinely offering their private car for rent for 1500 per month. They can't be too bright, obviously. As far as the legality goes...isn't it even illegal to give someone a lift if they chip in for gas?
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum