Recommendation Primary School

Topic locked
Recommendation Primary School Feb 07, 2006
:flower:

Hi,

I'm new in Dubai, would like to ask any best or popular primary school near Sharjah or dubai? Or is there any web that I can visit or explore regarding children edcation? kindly share some of your experince if your've been thru this. Thank you very much :o

Regards,
Sunflower

sunflower
Dubai Expat Wannabe

schools Feb 11, 2006
Hi try www.expatwoman.com there is a list of schools on there with addresses etc and doing a search will help you know what peoples opinions are.
Cheers!!
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: schools Feb 13, 2006
GAB wrote:Hi try www.expatwoman.com there is a list of schools on there with addresses etc and doing a search will help you know what peoples opinions are.
Cheers!!

:P Hi Gab, thank you very much for your info.

May I know are you a parent too? Do you know abt this school by the name of "International School of Choueifat" situated at Sharjah? Heard that is quite a good school, any commend? Kindly advice.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Once again thank you :P

Regards,
Sunflower :P
sunflower
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 13, 2006
Choueifat international schools are Lebanese owned and run and are established all over the Arab world.

These schools were first established many many years ago and deliver quite a great education. However, they are also exceedingly expensive I think.

One thing to note is that Choueifat schools are very strict and the academic workload is heavy. However when you are paying so much for a school, this is to be expected.

I went to Choueifat as a child in another UAE city and I know people who send their kids to Choueifat International in other cities and coutries as well as this one and no complaints - other than from the kids complaining that its hard :P But kids always complain... hehe :lol:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 13, 2006
What more accolades could a school ask for....

If you want a little Liban of your own register them into Choueifat.

That'll be a lot funnier if you start reading his posts in the politics and culture forums :P :P
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Feb 13, 2006
fayz wrote:If you want a little Liban of your own register them into Choueifat.

That'll be a lot funnier if you start reading his posts in the politics and culture forums :P :P

Now I'm struggling whether you're making a pro or con argument here Fayz.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 13, 2006
Liban wrote:Choueifat international schools are Lebanese owned and run and are established all over the Arab world.

These schools were first established many many years ago and deliver quite a great education. However, they are also exceedingly expensive I think.

One thing to note is that Choueifat schools are very strict and the academic workload is heavy. However when you are paying so much for a school, this is to be expected.

I went to Choueifat as a child in another UAE city and I know people who send their kids to Choueifat International in other cities and coutries as well as this one and no complaints - other than from the kids complaining that its hard :P But kids always complain... hehe :lol:

Hi Liban,

Thank you for all your advised. :D

So may i know is there anything you would like to advise me & my kid to look out for? We'll only be joining the sch. in this coming Sept'06

Regards,
Sunflower :flower:
sunflower
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 13, 2006
fayz wrote:What more accolades could a school ask for....

If you want a little Liban of your own register them into Choueifat.

:lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Feb 13, 2006
sunflower wrote:
Hi Liban,

Thank you for all your advised. :D

So may i know is there anything you would like to advise me & my kid to look out for? We'll only be joining the sch. in this coming Sept'06

Regards,
Sunflower :flower:

One thing. This was not a factor in my time, but I hear that the after school activities are weak today. Weak or non-existant, so if this a fgactor for you, I would watch out.

Also because of the difficulty of the school, kids may not be happy. But I beleive a stricter formal education system is more important that the number of trips to Wild Wadi, wouldn't you agree?

And lastly, I know I said this before, the PRICE!!! :shock: But again, worth it I think.

My kids will go there when God blesses me with some and it is their time.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 14, 2006
Sorry Sunflower for not replying sooner. The thing that my kids miss most about the school here is the lack of outdoor play equipment. After school activities are expensive! Some like swimming lessons are cheaper because they are a group lesson but after school instrumental lessons can be DH80 to DH100 a half hour!!
I don't live in Sharjah so I can't be of much help I'm afraid-the only other things I'd warn you about is schools aren't always easy to get into- get your applications done. You need a transfer certificate from their current school and their medical immunisations should be up to date in accordance with the rules here-not your home!! Also if you are getting here just prior Sept the weather is awful!! :)
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 15, 2006
Liban wrote: and no complaints - other than from the kids complaining that its hard :P But kids always complain... hehe :lol:

And teachers - they're restricted in how they teach (some may think this is a good thing) and get lowish salaries. But teachers always complain :)...

Chouiefat has an educational philosophy that's not everyone's cup of tea.
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

May 31, 2006
I have heard that the Australian International School in Sharjah is fine, good curriculum, great teachers and smaller classes sizes.
MattStar
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Jun 01, 2006
I arrived here from the UK last year and live in Sharjah (I hate Dubai Life) and have two kids who after exhausting research, interviews and entrance exams decided to go to The Cambridge International in Garhoud, Dubai.

The kids get picked up in Sharjah or I drop them off - is no problem.

The school has just appointed a new UK pricipal and is in my opinion an excellent establishment.

My children went o a private school in the UK that was no where near the quality they experience here.

I hope this helps

PS: avoind the school of research and science
ajmohamed
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum