Hospital Workers In Dubai--Questions For You

Topic locked
Hospital workers in Dubai--Questions for you Dec 13, 2005
My husband is going to be a respiratory therpist in 2 years. We want to move to Dubai as soon as he graduates. What do you guys know about how hospitals hire expats...and work visas etc. I have been surfing the internet non stop. I just want some personal accounts (or if anyone has told u their story).

-Housing

Thanks so much guys.
:D

L_pevensie
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 13, 2005
Well, the process in 2 years might be very different. Everything here is changing a lighting pace. Maybe this is something you don't need to worry about before he completes his degree?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Dec 13, 2005
im extremly excited and what to get the ball rolling asap, thanks
L_pevensie
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 13, 2005
Seriously though, Dubai is changing every day and advice now might not be relevant in two years. You just have to keep up on things over the next couple of years to see what has changed and what hasn't. Are there any websites you've found about the hiring of medical personnel in Dubai? I personally can't help with that one, but maybe someone else here can.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

take a deep breath Dec 16, 2005
there are two ways of doing this.

one, he can team up with a local sponsor and start his own practice - sometimes you get a good sponsor, sometimes not!

he can join an exisiting practice or hospital, there are a number of these listed.

i see the american hospital in dubai offers a link advertising careers, i would assume that others do as well http://www.ahdubai.com/

look at this link for a list of local hospital

http://www.theemiratesnetwork.com/dir/H ... Hospitals/

i'm sure the reason to come to dubai is to pay off the huge loan from med school :) - choose carefully!
dbxsoul
Honored Member

final breath Dec 21, 2005
i ran across an add for "NMC Speciality Hospital" in dubai, they are supposed to have a new pulmonary section ....

may be worth following up on ..
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Dec 21, 2005
Actually you might want to check out here as well.
http://www.dhcc.ae/en/Default.aspx
I think it is just over 2 years away from becoming a reality so you may be well timed; also I believe it'll be a free zone i.e. no local sponsor required.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Dec 22, 2005
dbxsoul and fayz, WOW thank you guys so much!
L_pevensie
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 22, 2005
dbxsoul and fayz, WOW thank you guys so much!
L_pevensie
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum