Help In Women Violence Case

Topic locked
Help in Women Violence case May 02, 2010
Dear friends,
we arrived in Dubai a year back.
My husband works in Emirates in shifts and often hits me and beats me up often. I am on his dependent visa but work myself.
Back in our country I had my parents and in-laws to intervene.
Hear I find myself very, very lonely.

Can anyone please advice if there is an government or NGO that I can seek help from in confidence when the physical violence gets excessive.

Pleassseee, any gudienace or ray of hope will be appreciated

Thx

GirlInDistress
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Help in Women Violence case May 02, 2010
There is an organization called the City of Hope that helps abused women and battered wives in Dubai. They have an excellent reputation. Call them.

Here is their contact info:

The City of Hope, email cityofhope18@gmail.com, write to: City of Hope, PO Box 75193, Dubai, UAE or tel: +971(0)50.651.6511

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Help In Women Violence Case May 02, 2010
thank you i will call them tomorrow.
My husband threatens he will immediately cancel my visa and send me back if i talk this with anyone.
Can he do that ?
GirlInDistress
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Help In Women Violence Case May 02, 2010
GirlInDistress wrote:thank you i will call them tomorrow.
My husband threatens he will immediately cancel my visa and send me back if i talk this with anyone.
Can he do that ?

You explain all that to the counselors at the City of Hope. They may be able to prevent him for canceling your visa with the help of the authorities. But don’t say anything to him until you see them first and they will advise you on what to do.

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Help In Women Violence Case Sep 08, 2010
You can go to a police station to complain about it , and take a picture of the complaint and then go to Family Court in the Dubai Courts, and if you have a case in the courts of Dubai with your husband, the Department of Citizenship and Immigration they can help you by extend your visa until you finish your case.
someonecool
Dubai Forum Visitor

undefined May 18, 2014
Hi Friend,

i married around 9yr my husband he beat me he slap me he shout and abuse my by word he bagging me if i leave him he will never gave my two kids 5 yrs old boy and 7 months old if i file him case ia can take my kids i just keep quit because of my kids now im working but under him visa but everytime we argue he use him hand to beat me .
fathima12345
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum