Assault Case

Topic locked
Assault case Mar 02, 2015
I was harassed by an Afghani man in a small shop in Satwa. He touched my behind. I pushed him and screamed to get the attention of the people around. But to my surprise, He turned back and slapped me! i tried to hit him back but someone middled, i got hit again in my pelvic area that created big mark of bruise (blackened). I called police but before the police arrived he was shouting on me sharmota, fcuk you and harami. I told him watched your words man. when the police arrived we were brought to the station, our statements and ids were taken. Right after the police investigation i went to Rashid hospital for medical check up. the following morning, i submitted my medical report and my passport as i wanted to file a case against that man. But again i was ask to be checked at HQ Forensic, i went and done the medical check again. and advised that in two days it will be out nad will be sent to the Police station. I am just wondering with all the medical report and the bruises as was shown, they did not put the guy in jail. Am i wrong in this thought? What could be the best step to take to get justice.
Someone told me, maybe they did not put him in jail as he is the breadwinner of the family? I am a woman, a mother of two, and has a mother with breast cancer that i am supporting, i am also the breadwinner. I am currently, suffering pain in my pelvic area. No private hospital will take me for xray and check up as this has legal issues. I wanted to check for my personal assurance that physically i am ok. I hope someone could help.

Surigaonon
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum