Court Case

Topic locked
court case Oct 14, 2009
Hi,

I have registered a case against my employer in dubai court for my salary and wrong termination. i have not taken a lawyer yet.
I was wondering is it necessary to take lawyer? can i in the middle of way decide to get lawyer?can the lawyer increase my total outcome?

i would like to take lawyer where he can take percentage of total outcome. any recomendation?

thanks

betoche
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 14, 2009
Lawyers definately help and prices are negotiable.

You definately need an arabic speaker and someone who has experience dealing with your type of situation. I would say get a lwyer from the start.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 14, 2009
Save the money. If you have Arab speaking friends who can translate documents, read yourself UAE Labour Law (Arabic & English version at elaws.gov.ae), and confident about the case (you have proofs, etc), then you don't need a lawyer. After all, most of the lawyers here are so lazy (do nothing). Mostly you don't confront at court but through document submissions (back & forth). It's not like series you see on TV (US court system). Translators are available at court as well, even if you don't speak/understand Arabic.

To consider also if the amount is worth to fight for. The process can take months (thanks to govt performance), that is 2-4 weeks per session. Unless you already got another job, you need money to live and survive until the judgment comes out. Also it costs a lot to legally translate to Arabic each documents (proofs, arguments, etc) you submitted.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum