Have I Made Enemies In The U.A.E ?

Topic locked
Have I Made Enemies In The U.A.E ? Jul 14, 2009

Hello All,

A few years ago while living in the emirates on a visa run. I had a very bad shouting match with Sharjah Immigration Officials at the airport.

I got very angry and started to shout at them in front of all the other passengers for thinking that I ovestayed on my visit visa. I yelled at them and made a scence for probably about 20 minutes. I then quickly realised that I had made a mistake and paid the fine and caught my flight.

Anyway, before leaving the country a few months later...........I saw a young emirati boy and another lady both waving at me and saying how they will wait for me when I get back to the country. Somehow they had tracked me down and even knew that I was about to leave the country!

My question is, do locals have a long memory ? and if they still hold this grudge against me (it's been about 5 years)............will they try kidnap or try to arrest me at the airport ? (we're talking about immigration officials here!)

what do you guys think ? maybe im worrying about nothing ? because im planning to return for another visit

usaexpat2009
Dubai Forum Guest

Jul 14, 2009
I really wouldn't worry about it. If you are that concerned contact immigration and see if any complaint has been put against you, but I doubt it.

Come in thourgh Dubai, as the different emirates don't really talk to one another.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 14, 2009
Thanks! can you please pass along the contact information for immigration ? furthermore, what details will they require ?
usaexpat2009
Dubai Forum Guest

Jul 15, 2009
After placing this thread on DF. They'll know you're coming :D

Goodluck son. ;)
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jul 15, 2009
Well, I haven't done anything wrong. I just yelled at some immigration officials and have flown in/out of the country on several occasions.

Robby, are you telling me that LE monitors this site ? because that would be going to an extreme.

Furthermore, I haven't done anything wrong, I just got into a misunderstanding with immigration officials, thats it.

Anyway, can someone please forward the contact details of the immigration department ?
usaexpat2009
Dubai Forum Guest

Jul 15, 2009
Websites, forums and blogs in the UAE are monitored of course, like other countries with an authoritarian (or maybe patrician) attitude towards government.

You behaved very badly in the eyes of most Emiratis who would be deeply offended by your loudmouthed attitude. It's completely contrary to the way of doing things here. Learn the customs of places you intend to visit to prevent causing yourself harm.

Chocs, are the Emirates not linking their databases in a rudimentary way now? I thought that the police were getting round to it, not also immigration, etc?

I thought Americans knew how to use the internet!
IMMIGRATION DEPARTMENTS in the UAE

Abu Dhabi
Saeed bin Tahnoon St.
Abu Dhabi
Tel: 02 4462244

Al Ain
Aditaba Road, near Dubai Islamic Bank, opposite Carrefour supermarket.
Tel: 03 7625555

Dubai
Department of Naturalization and Residency, Trade Centre Road, near Bur Dubai Police Station
Tel: 04 3980000

Sharjah
Department for Naturalization and Residence, near General Post Office
Tel: 06 5726777

Umm al-Qaiwain
Tel: 06 7666419

Ajman
Tel: 06 7422255

Ras al-Khaimah
Tel: 07 2273333

http://www.uaeinteract.com/travel/visas.asp

also

http://www.dnrd.gov.ae/DNRD?lang=en-GB
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 25, 2009
What a guy, lol
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jul 25, 2009
You will be caught and raped at the airport, on sight.

Lube up pretty boy!!

I think I scared him off. :lol:
dresden
Dubai chat master

Jul 25, 2009
:shock: :puke:
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 26, 2009
Maybe a few anger management classes would do you good aswell
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 05, 2009
u must b kidding hahhah dont worry u may offened them but they wont take it seriously so u shouldnt b worried okay :) make sure next time not to offened any1 and b paitient
Maitha_chan
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 13, 2009
:))....It was a good laugh. Especcialy the soap punish..haha...I am sure they are not keeping record of any rude action. So....don't worry, but I am sure u learnt a good lesson.
Onita
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum