Grand Theft Auto 4 - PS3

Topic locked
Grand Theft Auto 4 - PS3 May 04, 2008
You know what makes me get violent? Not being able to buy GTA 4 in Dubai. Imagine the delicious irony.

So then, you're a bunch of clever, quick witted boys and girls, let's have a brain storm that doesn't involve me having to leave the country to get a copy.

I'm off to carjack someone, run over a hooker and throw back a few cocktails (they same games are violent? Try the SZR!)

Dr Strangeglove
Dubai forums Addict

May 04, 2008
call of duty 4 was banned last year as well
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Grand Theft Auto 4 - PS3 May 04, 2008
Dr Strangeglove wrote:You know what makes me get violent? Not being able to buy GTA 4 in Dubai. Imagine the delicious irony.

So then, you're a bunch of clever, quick witted boys and girls, let's have a brain storm that doesn't involve me having to leave the country to get a copy.

I'm off to carjack someone, run over a hooker and throw back a few cocktails (they same games are violent? Try the SZR!)

I recently got email-spammed by ITP (publishers of TimeOut, Ahlan and Arabianbusiness.com) with a big ad for GTA 4.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

May 05, 2008
www.play-asia.com for all your banned games needs. i've ordered from them and never had a problem.
nuzbim
Dubai forums Addict

May 05, 2008
Well done chums, you've all helped in some small way, but nuzbim, you're now my official 'go to guy!".

I'm off to make a dress out of human skin.
Dr Strangeglove
Dubai forums Addict

May 06, 2008
The ITP advert was GTA 4 available at duty-frees across the region. I'm off on a trip, will see if/where copies are available
billhicks42
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

May 06, 2008
Chaps

It appears that it is I who deserves the biggest pat on the back of all. I've found a shop in Dubai that sells it. I say 'in' Dubai but it's actually out towards Mirdif.

I think it's called Game World and it's just past Mushrif Park on the Khaleej (?) Road. PM me if you want more details.

250 Dhs.

Mumsy was virtually apoplectic after I spent 5 hours playing with myself last night.
Dr Strangeglove
Dubai forums Addict

May 06, 2008
It's available in mariah mall in abu dhabi. I got my copy no the 27th! GTA4 rules!
Medvezhonok
Dubai forums Addict

May 06, 2008
Great game!

I like Ghost Recon also.
albertacucci
Dubai Expat Wannabe

May 07, 2008
Medvezhonok wrote:It's available in mariah mall in abu dhabi. I got my copy no the 27th! GTA4 rules!

I'm sure I read somewhere that there was a censored version of the game out in the Middle East. Is this the one you've got hold of or is it the full on, turn everybody into crack using psychopath version ?
CVB
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 08, 2008
As far as I'm aware, the only version of the game that has been censored is the Australian one. You can tell if you have this because instead of an 18 (or +17) rating, it has a 15 rating.

I'm not quite sure why the Aussies were singled out for such discombobulating treatment, but as they've polluted the world with crappy soap operas for the last 20 years, I say Bravo!

(That was of course, many of my friends are.... friends of Australians, I hear they're quite lovely)
Dr Strangeglove
Dubai forums Addict

May 09, 2008
i know a shop where you can get it in Dubai, i got mine last week. PM me for details peeps
DDastardly
Dubai Forums Member

May 09, 2008
Too bad you got a PS3
I got an Xbox360 and it runs fake games as well I might as well copy them at home
So even if the game is banned I can get a copy
deadlife
Dubai Forums Talker

May 10, 2008
nobody eh? thought i'd have loads of PM's by now. by the way the shop is in MOE which is pretty conveinient however they are charging 400aed.

Love the game, told the mrs back in the UK that i went on a date with michelle last night, she went mental and in hindsight was a bad idea as she didn't believe i meant on GTA4 haha
DDastardly
Dubai Forums Member

May 10, 2008
DDastardly wrote:nobody eh? thought i'd have loads of PM's by now. by the way the shop is in MOE which is pretty conveinient however they are charging 400aed.

Even 250 bucks is hard to swallow. The price you mention is a total ripoff.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

May 11, 2008
Is there anywhere I can get my hands on GTA4 (PAL version) for the 360??

Pref in Dubai.........

Cheers
Jace1979
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 13, 2008
Have you tried Amazon or Ebay? I wonder if you could get it off there?
lifegauge
Dubai Forum User

I actually joined this forum just to ask for GTA4 Jan 29, 2009
DDastardly wrote:i know a shop where you can get it in Dubai, i got mine last week. PM me for details peeps

I'm dying to get a copy but appearantly I can't PM untill I post 10 messages, DSDASTARDLY can you please pm the details of this place in dubai ?? please please ?

:D
iraqiguy
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Jan 31, 2009
I got mine a few months after it came out at a little shop in Madinayat Mall in Abu Dhabi. I was planning to get it from Ebay, Amazon etc because it was banned then I walked into the store and the guy had it right there in the display. I asked him "Isn't this banned?" and he looked at me blankly. ha!

So I reckon if you ask at little stores in the Souks you'll find it no worries.

Oh this was for PS3 btw.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum