Cheating Wife

Topic locked
Cheating Wife Nov 02, 2007
does anyone know the law on cheating british wifes?

My wife left me for what it turns out to be another man. she has returned to Dubai to be with him here yet she still has a valid visa sponsership through me.

Is this legal? or is it legal to be living with someone while married to another?

boyter
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Cheating Wife Nov 03, 2007
boyter wrote:does anyone know the law on cheating british wifes?

My wife left me for what it turns out to be another man. she has returned to Dubai to be with him here yet she still has a valid visa sponsership through me.

Is this legal? or is it legal to be living with someone while married to another?

Not illegal somewhere else but grounds for divorce.

Illegal in Dubai (living with someone not related by blood or marriage)
I Sioux
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Cheating Wife Nov 03, 2007
boyter wrote:does anyone know the law on cheating british wifes?

Are you divorced yet?
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Nov 03, 2007
I sent her back to the UK after suspecting another man was involved. I had no proof.

I talked with said man and was told that they were just 'good friends' as did my wife but she agreed to seperate as the marrage by this time was not working.

A month later she is back in Dubai living with him as his wife is in the UK, story is they have seperated too.

I have been told that she has changed her passport so her residant visa is no longer valid, again I have no proof.

Any ideas or suggestions?
boyter
Dubai Forum Guest

Nov 03, 2007
And no I'm not divorced yet. trying to get a UK solicitor while living out here proved difficult. I now have one but am still going through the process of proff of identity etc.
boyter
Dubai Forum Guest

Nov 03, 2007
you could cancell her sponsorship, however you require the original passport that has the residency stamped into it to do so. that would result in her having to leave within 30 days, she could then, however return on a visit visa and renew it every once in a while. she would not be able to transfer to the other mans sponsorship as they are not married.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Nov 03, 2007
boyter wrote:And no I'm not divorced yet. trying to get a UK solicitor while living out here proved difficult. I now have one but am still going through the process of proff of identity etc.

Begin divorce proceedings in Dubai and then let the courts here decide how your assets are divided. It is not as difficult as you might think, and you won't need to join fathers for justice as in the UK. She has also commited a number of serious offences under local law, and whilst I don't advocate using this as some sort of revenge, it is an extra card that you can play if you need to.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Nov 04, 2007
benwj wrote:
boyter wrote:And no I'm not divorced yet. trying to get a UK solicitor while living out here proved difficult. I now have one but am still going through the process of proff of identity etc.

Begin divorce proceedings in Dubai and then let the courts here decide how your assets are divided. It is not as difficult as you might think, and you won't need to join fathers for justice as in the UK. She has also commited a number of serious offences under local law, and whilst I don't advocate using this as some sort of revenge, it is an extra card that you can play if you need to.

yeah, i think its 100 lashes for each of them minimum.
studstar
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 04, 2007
boyter wrote:I sent her back to the UK after suspecting another man was involved. I had no proof.

I talked with said man and was told that they were just 'good friends' as did my wife but she agreed to seperate as the marrage by this time was not working.

A month later she is back in Dubai living with him as his wife is in the UK, story is they have seperated too.

I have been told that she has changed her passport so her residant visa is no longer valid, again I have no proof.

Any ideas or suggestions?

As others have said, if you report her to the police as living with another man, they'll use a SWAT team to raid the flat.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 05, 2007
studstar wrote:
benwj wrote:

Im pretty sure none muslims cannot get lashes any more in Dubai.
Rosbif71
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 05, 2007
You can cancel your sponsorship even if you dont have her original passport. Tell them that she ran away, you will have to pay a deposit and you will get it back when they find her and make sure that she leaves the country. They will buy her a ticket from your deposit if she couldnt afford one..
hamadl
Dubai Forums Talker

Nov 05, 2007
Rosbif71 wrote:Im pretty sure none muslims cannot get lashes any more in Dubai.

Damn! They're banning everything in Dubai
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 05, 2007
Rosbif71 wrote:
studstar wrote:
benwj wrote:

Im pretty sure none muslims cannot get lashes any more in Dubai.

i checked. link attached.

The sentence

Dr Khalifa Rashid Al Sha'ali, Dean of the Faculty of Law at Ajman University, said if a man and a woman who are not related are caught alone in a private place, they face a jail sentence or lashes even if they were not involved in any suspicious act.

http://archive.gulfnews.com/articles/06 ... 27928.html
studstar
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum