Can You Get Police Certificate If You Have A Banking Issues

Topic locked
can you get police Certificate if you have a banking issues Jan 13, 2012
Hello every one,
I was working in Dubai and I've resigned while I was on leave
1 - I didn't respond to the employer and never send my passport for visa cancellation ( I wish I did) so, they've reported me absconder !! ...I'm working on it now
2- I left debits and 4 different CC from 4 different banks total = 130 000 AED!!

The question is: I have a Canadian immigration file in process and those guys will ask for the police certificate from all the countries I had lived in......can I avail the police certificates / criminal record from Dubai? After all that...considering I left Dubai 9 months ago?

dubai20077
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Can You Get Police Certificate If You Have A Banking Iss Jan 14, 2012
Nope! If they reported you as having absconded and having debts there will be a police file open on your, so they will not issue you a police clearance certificate, which basically states you have a clean police record, which at this point in time you don't - so you've basicaaly screwed yourself - well done! And to be perfectly honest people like you who just up and leave with large amounts owing making it difficult for the rest of us deserve to be given a hard time.

No Canadian visa for you.

ETA - that also means if you try to come through UAE immigration at any point you'll be picked up and detained in the cells at the airport until all your debts are paid.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Can You Get Police Certificate If You Have A Banking Iss Jan 14, 2012
Thanks Choco...

Unfortunately I'm aware of what you've mentioned, but i thought may have chance or might be a way....so considering I'm working some agreement with the company to drop the case and yet one bank only out of four filed a police case ....what do you suggest ??

is it the right thing to get into the problem ...and visit UAE and face the problem before it's too late or start paying slowly to the banks knowing that it's really hard to talk to these people from outside UAE
dubai20077
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Can You Get Police Certificate If You Have A Banking Iss Jan 15, 2012
You need to contact the banks and come to some arrangement with regards to paying back the debt. Sadly as far as I know once aq case has been filed it's not dropped or cleared until all the debt is repaid.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Can You Get Police Certificate If You Have A Banking Iss Jan 16, 2012
thank you
dubai20077
Dubai Expat Wannabe

undefined Mar 22, 2014
I have cleared all my issue of court cases what has to be done next step?
mohdahad2013
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum