Do You Know Why The PIG (bacon) Is Prohibeted? Tell Me,

Topic locked
Sep 12, 2006
I mean my Mum nags me to tell me that I'm a Muslim girl, but I eat pork, drink alcohol, don't wear an abaya and am not a virgin! But there are many things in Islam I do believe in... eg giving to charity and the intention of good deeds etc. I'm not strict, but Islam does make sense to me. More so than Christianity, Judaism or Buddhism etc. The way I see it, is I take what I think is necessary from a religion to be a good, well rounded person and to get back to the point, I don't feel that eating bacon will change the way I am...

Princess Banana Hammock
Dubai Forums Talker

Sep 12, 2006
Princess Banana Hammock wrote:I mean my Mum nags me to tell me that I'm a Muslim girl, but I eat pork, drink alcohol, don't wear an abaya and am not a virgin! But there are many things in Islam I do believe in... eg giving to charity and the intention of good deeds etc. I'm not strict, but Islam does make sense to me. More so than Christianity, Judaism or Buddhism etc. The way I see it, is I take what I think is necessary from a religion to be a good, well rounded person and to get back to the point, I don't feel that eating bacon will change the way I am...

Respect PBH

But what about my shrimp question?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 12, 2006
bushra21 wrote:i had bacon once....

my friends had put it in my sandwich without me knowing and then after lunch i started to feel really sick. i started vomitting and had to be taken to the hospital because i couldnt stop.

my poor friends felt so bad and kept on apologizing. when the doctor heard that, he said i was probably reacting to the bacon since ive never had it before.

oh and i remember reading somewhere that before pink represented girls and blue was for the guys, it was the opposite. and pink was used for the guys because it represented strength and power.and blue was for girls because it was a very soft colour.

That is really bad, me and my friends respect each others and will not do something stupid like that!! Most of my friends are Hindus and I do not even think of putting beef in their food!!! I think if anyone does that to me, I will not ever talk to them again!!
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 12, 2006
Princess Banana Hammock wrote:I mean my Mum nags me to tell me that I'm a Muslim girl, but I eat pork, drink alcohol, don't wear an abaya and am not a virgin! But there are many things in Islam I do believe in... eg giving to charity and the intention of good deeds etc. I'm not strict, but Islam does make sense to me. More so than Christianity, Judaism or Buddhism etc. The way I see it, is I take what I think is necessary from a religion to be a good, well rounded person and to get back to the point, I don't feel that eating bacon will change the way I am...

once again, i agree with you. i mean i do things that are not allowed in Islam and my mum used to tell me that I shouldnt. now she just tells me to be careful about it. Ive read and studied about many different religions, but ive yet to find one that i feel more at peace with than Islam. yes, there are some things that i disagree with, but as whole, I love my religion -- i dont think ill ever convert.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
bushra21 wrote:

once again, i agree with you. i mean i do things that are not allowed in Islam and my mum used to tell me that I shouldnt. now she just tells me to be careful about it. Ive read and studied about many different religions, but ive yet to find one that i feel more at peace with than Islam. yes, there are some things that i disagree with, but as whole, I love my religion -- i dont think ill ever convert.

Is it not true that you are not allowed to convert to any other religion if you are a Muslim?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 12, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
Is it not true that you are not allowed to convert to any other religion if you are a Muslim?

yeah
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
Princess Banana Hammock wrote:My mum always said pork was haram because they eat their own feaces and were considered dirty... probably linked to the tape worm! I'm technically Muslim and my family are muslim, but we still eat pork... although I'm just as happy with beef bacon!

Now, now PBH your are or your not, what is this technically?

Also what about Shrimps for instance, they are the Vacumn cleaners of the sea, they eat everyones waste.

the thing is that anything from the see is 7alal
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
Bleakus wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
Princess Banana Hammock wrote:My mum always said pork was haram because they eat their own feaces and were considered dirty... probably linked to the tape worm! I'm technically Muslim and my family are muslim, but we still eat pork... although I'm just as happy with beef bacon!

Also what about Shrimps for instance, they are the Vacumn cleaners of the sea, they eat everyones waste.

7alal Means?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 12, 2006
halal, kosher.....the 7 is used to represent the h (ح )in the arabic language.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
bushra21 wrote:

acually if your muslim and you convert to another religion, you would be sentenced to death (chop your head off)

i feel that somebody is going to attack me now from the forum for posting this......right?

Is it not true that you are not allowed to convert to any other religion if you are a Muslim? :(
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
i agree.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
Bleakus wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

7alal Means?

O sorry, the 7 in arab chat means (h) i forgot about that ;)
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
bushra21 wrote:i agree.

Sorry about that it was my bad, i edit it by mistake, i didnt see the quote tag before i pressed submit
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
Bleakus wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
Bleakus wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

7alal Means?

I thought halal had to do with the way an animal was slaughtered?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 12, 2006
Bleakus wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

depending on the school of law you follow everything from the sea is not halal. Please check www.sunnipath.com for more info
tdot
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 12, 2006
sage & onion wrote:

well it also refers to things that are allowed in islam. in islam there are three categories....halal, haram, or makruh.

something that is halal is known to be allowed and is accepted by all the scholars and schools of thought in islam.

something that is haram is known to be forbidden and is accepted by all the scholars and schools of thought in islam.

something that is makruh is when it is neither known to be halal nor haram, but is disliked.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
Bleakus wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
Bleakus wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

7alal Means?

No, halal just means permissable. Zabihah is the slaughtering of animals.
tdot
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 12, 2006
well you can say that the things you eat is halal also, i know the name for the slaughtering in arabic but not in english
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
Zabihah
tdot
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 12, 2006
tdot wrote:
Bleakus wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

depending on the school of law you follow everything from the sea is not halal. Please check www.sunnipath.com for more info

is there a hadeeth sareef regarding this! dude
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
This is just one example for crab http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp? ... 8&CATE=347

There are others for squid.....
tdot
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 12, 2006
I might be off topic but since I'm seeing halals and harams here... if alcohol is halal, does that mean that you can't use alcohol based substances like perfume or even those used for medical purposes?

btw, Im neither muslim nor christian but I don't eat pork. Its just that it doesn't taste right for me.. :?
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Sep 12, 2006
3DAnimationmaya wrote:hi everyone. that is the good reason

because the pig , he is the only animal in the world that male pig has with other male pig se6. therefore is prohibited to eat, but if you eat , you know what happend to you , if ur male

What a load of old rubbish, anyone who's ever lived on or near a farm will know rams (mnale sheep) and bullocks / bulls mount each other as youngsters. There are lots of species where there are examples of males being involved in same s.e.x. relations, even monkeys.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 12, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:
3DAnimationmaya wrote:hi everyone. that is the good reason

because the pig , he is the only animal in the world that male pig has with other male pig se6. therefore is prohibited to eat, but if you eat , you know what happend to you , if ur male

What a load of old rubbish, anyone who's ever lived on or near a farm will know rams (mnale sheep) and bullocks / bulls mount each other as youngsters. There are lots of species where there are examples of males being involved in same s.e.x. relations, even monkeys.

Wooohoooo, now we going Chocs :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 12, 2006
Well what a load of old hokum, honestly and most animals suffer from worms and all that stuff, er that's why you worm the every 4-6 months - doh!

Surprisingly enough the pig is the animal closest genetically to human beings, go figure.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 12, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Well what a load of old hokum, honestly and most animals suffer from worms and all that stuff, er that's why you worm the every 4-6 months - doh!

Surprisingly enough the pig is the animal closest genetically to human beings, go figure.

Is that why we so many gay's?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 12, 2006
No but that's why you can use pig organs for transplant and no other animals. Kinda weird in the first palce, but it's a whole other discussion.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 12, 2006
pinoy1 wrote:I might be off topic but since I'm seeing halals and harams here... if alcohol is halal, does that mean that you can't use alcohol based substances like perfume or even those used for medical purposes?

btw, Im neither muslim nor christian but I don't eat pork. Its just that it doesn't taste right for me.. :?

it is only forbidden to consume alcohol. however, for medical purposes it is permissable as a last resort.... for example - alcohol used to be permissable to use as a blood thinner until a more medical approach came about ( i think it was a pill or something), then it was preferred to use the pill over the alcohol.

i hope that helps
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
I hate the alcohol argument, when you see so many supposed muslims consuming it on a regular basis.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 12, 2006
But that doesn't matter Chocs, the fact remains that pork and alcohol are forbidden to Muslims. Islam is practised in many different ways, just like Christianity. There are plenty of Catholics using birth control, for example. The world 100% full of hypocrits :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat