What A Great DF Meet!!

Topic locked
Re: What A Great DF meet!! Oct 25, 2011
Well I think I'll call it exactly what I want, and that's a DF meet. There was no-one there that I had not met on DF :wink:

I think you meant the old timers were........as there's hardly any of you left and one is never coming back.

Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Probably not, but then why do we need to forum to keep in touch when we all know each other personally and either call, write, FB or visit one another?

'BM's minions of DF meet up' is more appropriate, because you see the difference between 'us' and 'you' is that we never discriminated against anyone on the forum, unlike you. People just went and all met up, because WE understand that how people behave or come across on here, probably isn't how they are in real life. After the big meet ups, then if they decided to go off and see others by themselves fine. But forum meet ups were always open to everyone, but hey I guess we're just more morally open than you.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: What A Great DF Meet!! Oct 25, 2011
You hand selected "several" people you have met on DF and had some drinky poos together, then you come to the forum to brag to everyone else here that you had a great time at your "DF meetup".

When some of us who met each other on DF got together independent of a "DF meetup", which we did frequently, we didn't come back to the forum to brag about our private get together. Why? Because it was a meetup with friends, not a "DF meetup". Of course you can call it what you want though. :lol:

To me it looks like a cry out to try to show that you are popular because a few hand selected people from DF were willing to meet up with you despite how much of an ass you are on this forum. Congrats anyway!

:lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Chocoholic wrote:'BM's minions of DF meet up' is more appropriate,

Can you ever make a point without name calling? :roll:

I don't understand why this bothers you and Kanelli so much. You two are acting like kids that weren't picked to be on the playing team. :mrgreen:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Jealousy is a secondary emotion and typically refers to the negative thoughts and feelings of insecurity, fear, and anxiety over an anticipated loss of something that the person values, particularly in reference to a human connection. Jealousy often consists of a combination of presenting emotions such as anger, sadness, resentment and disgust.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jealousy
Bethsmum

The person acting like a kid was you posting such a thread in the first place. Who else on this whole forum should care about your small hand-picked meet-up? Should all of the rest of those lurking and participating who weren't invited care what you and your clique get up to off-forum?

BM, what is so great about you and how you behave on this forum that would make me jealous? I can't think of a single thing. Maybe you can enlighten me?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

I read an interesting article recently which simply stated that those who constantly crow on about their lives and what they do are crying out for attention and come across as not very attractive. Far better to have others talk about you in a complimentary light, that to brag about it yourself.

I'll see if I can find the links for BM and BB, because clearly they could both do with having a read of it.

BB, hardly name calling - simple fact is more like it.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

kanelli wrote:Who else on this whole forum should care about your small hand-picked meet-up?

Pretending to speak for others again eh! I always like BM's stories and always look forward to them

kanelli wrote:BM, what is so great about you and how you behave on this forum that would make me jealous? I can't think of a single thing. Maybe you can enlighten me?

BM is funny and has humour, something you lack completely. Everything you write seems to come from your gall.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Ambassador wrote:
kanelli wrote:I loved the old meet-ups which were for everyone and centred around fun activities like bowling, ice skating, go-karting, karaoke etc. People weren't complete assholes to each other back then so no one felt weird about meeting up. Not the case today! Meet-ups have to be hand selected to keep out the undesirables. :lol:

I keep hearing about these 'old timers' meets but from what I heard at the last meet there are no 'old timers' left and someone there even wondered and mentioned that Kanelli and Chocs ('old timers' by join date, might not even have met (certainly not at the first meet - bowling- or the BIG meet at the Radisson in June 2006). Note that lots of 'info' was passed around...

So who are the 'old timers'?

Sage, it was mentioned that you no longer live in Dubai...otherwise you would have been there

I live in Dubai
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Chocoholic wrote:I read an interesting article recently which simply stated that those who constantly crow on about their lives and what they do are crying out for attention and come across as not very attractive. Far better to have others talk about you in a complimentary light, that to brag about it yourself.

I'll see if I can find the links for BM and BB, because clearly they could both do with having a read of it.

OK, I think, based on facts, that there is something we can label you as. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CLhj0O5 ... ure=fvwrel

Bragging?? Oooops. We know more about you than anyone on the forum Chocs with all the
Rooster.gif
Rooster.gif (110.66 KiB) Viewed 1508 times

you have done over the years. :lol: :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bethsmum wrote:Well I think I'll call it exactly what I want, and that's a DF meet. There was no-one there that I had not met on DF :wink:

I think you meant the old timers were........as there's hardly any of you left and one is never coming back.

Technically, DF meet up supposed to be announced on the DF.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

kanelli wrote:The person acting like a kid was you posting such a thread in the first place. Who else on this whole forum should care about your small hand-picked meet-up? Should all of the rest of those lurking and participating who weren't invited care what you and your clique get up to off-forum?

BM, what is so great about you and how you behave on this forum that would make me jealous? I can't think of a single thing. Maybe you can enlighten me?

Errrrrr, you might want to take a look again Kanelli as to who posted the thread. Sounding a bit childish there not getting your facts straight and putting so much effort into something that doesn't bother you. :lol: :lol:

There is so much humor coming from you and Chocs. What's the saying? Oh, yeah: Thou protest too much.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bethsmum wrote:Just get him to bring a mate and you can have your very own spit roast on Jumeirah Beach :drunken:

BM that was uncalled for.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nucleus wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:Well I think I'll call it exactly what I want, and that's a DF meet. There was no-one there that I had not met on DF :wink:

Technically, DF meet up supposed to be announced on the DF.

There are alot of "technicalities" on DF, but who actually pays attention to them?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

kanelli wrote:The person acting like a kid was you posting such a thread in the first place. Who else on this whole forum should care about your small hand-picked meet-up? Should all of the rest of those lurking and participating who weren't invited care what you and your clique get up to off-forum?

Then why are you beating your gums again?
Maybe you can enlighten me?

-- Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:32 pm --

Chocoholic wrote:I read an interesting article recently which simply stated that those who constantly crow on about their lives and what they do are crying out for attention and come across as not very attractive. Far better to have others talk about you in a complimentary light, that to brag about it yourself.

I won't bore anybody with reposting what you've told us about you.

But they do include:
Your dad being a valued employee of Emirates Airline.
You get free flights.
You are the voice of Emirates Airline.
Your parents live in Australia.
They have a boat.
You have a bike.
You have a maid.
You have a German boyfriend.
You are a sharp shooter.
You can kick arse.
You can surfboard.
You can ride horses.
You are fit.
You have a fitness DVD.
You work in the media.
You work with kids.

Would you like me to continue?

-- Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:34 pm --

Nucleus wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:Just get him to bring a mate and you can have your very own spit roast on Jumeirah Beach :drunken:

BM that was uncalled for.

Sorry, I didn't realise you would know what a spit roast was :oops:
Bethsmum

Chapter 1:

Bethsmum wrote:I won't bore anybody with reposting what you've told us about you.

But they do include:
Your dad being a valued employee of Emirates Airline.
You get free flights.
You are the voice of Emirates Airline.
Your parents live in Australia.
They have a boat.
You have a bike.
You have a maid.
You have a German boyfriend.
You are a sharp shooter.
You can kick arse.
You can surfboard.
You can ride horses.
You are fit.
You have a fitness DVD.
You work in the media.
You work with kids.

Would you like me to continue?

Chapter 2: Health Issues

-- Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:25 pm --

Chocs, since the "meet up" was handled incorrectly, and it should have been a public notice, and since you have been through it before, why don't you start a "DF Meet Up"? There are still people who haven't met each other and it would be an opportunity to meet others and it could be a starting point for more harmony on DF.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Flying Dutchman wrote:
kanelli wrote:Who else on this whole forum should care about your small hand-picked meet-up?

Pretending to speak for others again eh! I always like BM's stories and always look forward to them

kanelli wrote:BM, what is so great about you and how you behave on this forum that would make me jealous? I can't think of a single thing. Maybe you can enlighten me?

BM is funny and has humour, something you lack completely. Everything you write seems to come from your gall.

I didn't say "No one cared" I asked the question "Who should care?" Anyway, what was so entertaining about BM's story about the "DF meetup"? She didn't invite you, it was a handful of people, one or two wanted to remain anonymous. Nothing interesting at all.

FD, where are all your humorous posts and banter? There are none. Guess you lack a sense of humour just as I do. :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

On page 4 about something that no one really cares about. :o

Looking forward to page 5 and hearing more about "who really cares??" :lol: :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bethsmum wrote:Well I have to say :D I've just had one of the best evenings in a long time, I can't remember when I laughed so much :bounce:

You know when you agree to something and then wonder what you are letting yourself in for? Well that was BM tonight when I turned up for a planned DF meetup :oops:

My fears were uncalled after all :P

What goes on in DF meet ups, stays on DF meet ups and I have promised not to reveal whether the Ambassador was Frances or Francis :shock:

Others wished to remain anonymous and I respect those requests :wink:

Never let it be said that BM can't keep a secret!

What a shame we are spread over the world! I want to meet those men with the nice accents. I'm particularly into Fench and Dutch at the moment :wink:

BB, here is the first post of the thread. It was started by BM. How are my facts not straight? :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

kanelli wrote: Guess you lack a sense of humour just as I do. :lol:

Another thing you are completely lacking, originality! A meet with BM would be so much more fun!
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Ambassador wrote:
kanelli wrote:I loved the old meet-ups which were for everyone and centred around fun activities like bowling, ice skating, go-karting, karaoke etc. People weren't complete assholes to each other back then so no one felt weird about meeting up. Not the case today! Meet-ups have to be hand selected to keep out the undesirables. :lol:

I keep hearing about these 'old timers' meets but from what I heard at the last meet there are no 'old timers' left and someone there even wondered and mentioned that Kanelli and Chocs ('old timers' by join date, might not even have met (certainly not at the first meet - bowling- or the BIG meet at the Radisson in June 2006). Note that lots of 'info' was passed around...

So who are the 'old timers'?

Sage, it was mentioned that you no longer live in Dubai...otherwise you would have been there

Your info is false Ambassador. Whoever you were talking to must not have attended any of the old events or met any of the old-timers. I have no idea when the last meet was, maybe I had already moved by then. Anyhow, I've met Chocs many times, we attended many of the same DF meets. I was definitely at all the events including bowling, karaoke, Radisson, and go-karting. The ice skating event was run by my husband and I.

In fact, when I think of the people who attended, the vast majority are no longer on the forum. If they are still here, they are using new usernames.

-- Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:03 pm --

Flying Dutchman wrote:
kanelli wrote: Guess you lack a sense of humour just as I do. :lol:

Another thing you are completely lacking, originality! A meet with BM would be so much more fun!

By all means go for it, if she'll invite you. :lol:

I have no interest in ever meeting her.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

kanelli wrote:By all means go for it, if she'll invite you.

Fingers crossed!
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Bethsmum wrote:

Then why are you beating your gums again?
Maybe you can enlighten me?

You are the one who said I was jealous of you. Are you now too humble to explain? :lol: Too bad. I was really looking forward to seeing what I'm supposed to be jealous about!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

kanelli wrote:BB, here is the first post of the thread. It was started by BM. How are my facts not straight? :lol:

I, not BM referred to you behaving like a kid. There was a post between us from BM. So your response appeared to be directed at me. Your post read:

kanelli wrote:The person acting like a kid was you posting such a thread in the first place.

If you are handling too many posts Kanelli, may I suggest that you do this: @BM, @BB, etc., so that we know who your are addressing, then there isn't any confusion. :?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:On page 4 about something that no one really cares about. :o

Looking forward to page 5 and hearing more about "who really cares??" :lol: :lol:

:lol:

Wow, I had no idea that Kan and Chocs would be so upset about the meet (the not being there part). It is interesting that Kan even pretends to know how many people were there.

It was certainly a 'meet' as in meetimg people for the first time...

Looking forward to the next one...
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Sorry people for the wrong information, just checked my messages and I was indeed invited, a little far for me to travel though from Accra. Hope to be at the next one this sounded like a blast.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: What A Great DF Meet!! Oct 26, 2011
kanelli wrote:You are the one who said I was jealous of you. Are you now too humble to explain? :lol: Too bad. I was really looking forward to seeing what I'm supposed to be jealous about!

I can only imagine that it is jealousy that eats you up. If you're not careful it will give you an ulcer.
Why else would you be on a mission to get me off this forum? When there were mods you were pm'ing right left and centre to get me banned and if anyone speaks in favour of me you nearly blow a gasket!
It was quite amusing when Chocs chose to pm one of my friends to demand that they don't support me here.
What is it with you two? Are you afraid of losing your crowns or something?

That's a bit sad you know! It's only an internet forum. You really shouldn't take yourself so seriously Kanelli. If you don't like what I write then you could always choose to stay away from me, rather than add your little 'there's no accounting for taste' comments to anything anybody says about me.
It makes you sound like an interfering little busybody.

-- Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:49 am --

kanelli wrote:By all means go for it, if she'll invite you. :lol:

I have no interest in ever meeting her.

Why are you such a b.itch Kanelli? Of course I'd invite FD, he's one of my favourites and the only reason he wasn't invited initially was because he was in Amsterdam. Besides, some people like to keep their private life seperate from their internet life and I totally respect that.

I'm going to stick my neck out here. I don't normally speak for others but in this case I think there are a few here who would have no interest in meeting you either. That's why you weren't invited.

-- Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:58 am --

kanelli wrote:Your info is false Ambassador

Jeeeesus, I have 10 watt bulbs which are brighter!

-- Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:00 am --

sage & onion wrote:Sorry people for the wrong information, just checked my messages and I was indeed invited, a little far for me to travel though from Accra. Hope to be at the next one this sounded like a blast.

Well, i didn't want to argue Sage as I was sure the invite went out. Serves you right for getting so many pm's and not reading them :wink:
Bethsmum

Re: What A Great DF meet!! Oct 26, 2011
sage & onion wrote:Sorry people for the wrong information, just checked my messages and I was indeed invited, a little far for me to travel though from Accra. Hope to be at the next one this sounded like a blast.

Yes, someone mentioned you were invited and thought you might show up. Make sure to let us know when you are in town next...
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Sorry BM and Ambassador. My bad. I sent the invite. It's just so hard to tell when S&O is in Dubai. His parrot misses him something bad!!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

I don't live in Dubai, and I would never be invited by the clique anyway. BM, I'm happy for you that you have friends on here, but I have no interest in ever becoming your friend. I'm sure the feeling is mutual. The difference is that I'm not arrogant enough to claim that you are jealous of me. :lol:

Chocs and I only commented that a small hand-picked group, excluding everyone else on the forum, coming here to say they had a "DF Meetup" and gloat about how wonderful it was is childish and not technically a DF Meetup since it wasn't open to everyone.

It is a simple fact that an open DF Meetup likely would never happen because of the negative environment here and hateful views of some about others' backgrounds and religions. You guys know it and have to make private meetups for yourselves. Each to their own, and have a good time! :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat